Star Trek Elite Force II

leXX

Will you be buying this game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying this game?

• Yes, I can\'t wait!
    • No, I hate Star Trek!
    • Yoda

STAR TREK!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! BRACE YOURSELVES!!!! SAVE THE KIDS AND WOMEN!!!

Don't get me started on star trek lexx... just *don't*.

"Thank you" so much lexx for bringing this topic up and making me nauseous.... Thank you ever so much.... :p

I'd have liked the first game, if it wasn't trek, and if they didn't include those homosexual outfits, voyager and phasers.... but they did, oh yes - they just HAD TO!

But those screenies sure look nice.... :-)

When are people going to stop bitching about star trek vs star wars? Rant:

1: ILM does the special effects for both

2: They both are space-oriented

3: They have their differences, but none is better than the other.

Star trek is more believable. If you don't like beleivable, watch star wars. But QUIT YOUR WHINING

It might help if we confined star trek posts to star trek forums, star wars posts to star wars forums, but you people have fun flaming eachother over which is better. IT'S A WASTE

Rant over

NOW!

I like Star trek as well as Star Wars, only Star Trek is a bit corny with all their explanations of tech and inconsistensies within the movies and shows (time travel with slingshot effect in The Voyage Home), and all the Aliens magically talk english wheras in Star Wars you can't understand all of them, which is more realistic.

I played Demo of EF1, it's okay but I think Tuvok looks sorta weird.

I think the TNG setting is mucho cooler than the Voyager setting; helping out picard fry the B0rg is going to rock.

Hey hold on, I didn't flame anyone - it was all in jest.... :(

And I *like* bitchin' about star trek.... It's me hobby, just ask my friends....

Besides, although I'd love to come up with some slammin' arguments as to why da 'trek is so pathetic - I already said I wouldn't! Don't force me lads! :mad:

Okay, so I find star wars WAY more cool with it's lightsabers and force yet I know it isn't as realistic.... :cool:

And the screenies do look sweet, I'll grant it that.... Very sweet indeed....

BTW: Psionic, a *BIT* corny you say? :rolleyes: That's gotta be this years understatement.... :D It's the cheese of corny cheezeland :D

ST:EF 2 uses the Quake 3 engine:

#1. No vehicles - especially multiple people in vehicles.

#2. Small boxed maps - otherwise huge FPS loss.

#3. Terrain is very limited (outdoors = large indoors, yet highly limited due to FPS issues).

#4. Major clipping problems unless you make walls super thick and hit boxes really large.

#5. Incapable of 3D sound unless using OpenAL - a very new sound standard that is not hardware supported by most.

#6. Unless they intergrate something like PunkBuster - someone will develop bots basically by simply converting them from Quake 3 - surprised no one has done this with JK 2 (yet).

#7. Map making isn't easy - ask anyone who does Comanche 4 and Tribes 2 maps - those are easy and much more versatile, flexible, and powerful.

#8. The netcode only favors absolutely perfect connections - and though you can tweak it with the rate and other commands - it demands a perfectly non-congested connection - and it completely favor low pingers - while other game engines manage to balance that issue out better.

#9. Just about every game based on the Quake 3 engine = new models, with new weapons, running around doing something a little different from the other Q3 engine games - but it's all the same in the end.

#10. The only well balanced Quake 3 engine game is Quake 3 itself.

Originally posted by PODguy87

OF COURSE IM GUNNA BUY IT

GREAT! now im gunna have to go play the game over again, thanks alot, my girlfriends gunna kill me

Ian

Not to get too far off topic but what part of Chicago are you from?

Game looks pretty neat. I'm not that big of a trek fan though.

I think first one was an O.K. game, but it wasn't a classic like NOLF(I can't wait sequel coming out at the end of this year), so while experience of playing it was really a nice one, I swapped it away. Still, looking at screenshots and reading interviews/previews gets me interested to at least try it when it comes out next year; hopefully I will then have Radeon 9700 PRO, so that all runs smoothly with highest visual settings. :)

So when is it due? Isn't it next year some time? After Nemesis?

I liked the Original Series, remember well watching TNG in college!, and hooked into Voyager somewhat (but we were busy having kids and stuff, so ...). I like Star Trek, with TNG being my fave.

I borrowed Elite Force from a friend at work (we used to trade back and forth, but now I play heavy FPS and he does MMORPG) and liked it quite a bit. I grabbed it for my Mac Powerbook. The game was short and pretty easy ... but quite a bit of fun. I played it a few times - but not since ~MoH:AA came out (to busy with than and then replaying DF & JK1 & MotS pre-JKII)

I will definitely pick up EF2 whenever it comes out ... and hopefully it will be excellent. I'm old enough where I don't begrudge the success of others - if EF2 is better than JKII, great.

Mike

It does look better than the first one, but I did not like Elite Force that much. Maps where way too easy, and you can beat the game in a single sitting almost. I did like the story, very good star trek type story/episode. It also kept you from doing the same thing all the time. That was definitly its strongest point as well as its star trek theme.

The biggest thing I hated was the expansion. It did....well.....nothing. Huge waste for anyone who actually bought it.

I dont know if I will buy it or not, I will have to wait to hear some reviews and play some demos before I decide on that.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Not to get too far off topic but what part of Chicago are you from?

Game looks pretty neat. I'm not that big of a trek fan though.

im a little south east of Chicago, in a relativley populated town called St. Charles, its nice, very humble, not alot of crime. just all around nice.

Archived