Home

PC Gamer or Computer Gaming World?

Alien426

Which PC magazine to subscribe to?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which PC magazine to subscribe to?

• PC Gamer
    • Computer Gaming World
    • other (specified in the reply)

Originally posted by LucasTones

[PC Gamer] love LucasArts

I don't care if they love LucasArts. All I want is fair, unbiased, fun to read reviews.

I got They Hunger from the web. But if you mean that they paid Neil Manke for creating it (and some other map packs) then I've gotta say that was a nice thing to do.

If you had the opportunity to read a magazine like the German GameStar then both PC Gamer and CGW look quite wimpy. It is bigger in size and page count. It's got a DVD instead of CD-ROM (yet you can get versions with CD or without). Its web site has tons of information and downloads. And the verdict holds an amount of information that defies any description.

Originally posted by QueZTone and jannar85

LUCASARTS INSIDER!

If you mean the e-mail newsletter: I get that already.

PC Gamer are overly generous in terms of dishing out percentages for adventure games - well - any game really. But I did used to enjoy it, it has an excellent demo disc with catologued Reviews & Walkthroughs, some interesting tips for tweaking performance, and it is a good news source.

But it's £5. I mean, £5. With £5 I can buy Broken Sword. With £5 I can buy 500 penny chews. With £5 I can buy 16 Mars Bars and still have change.

Originally posted by scabb

But it's £5. I mean, £5. With £5 I can buy Broken Sword. With £5 I can buy 500 penny chews. With £5 I can buy 16 Mars Bars and still have change.

Its £5 if you aren't a subscriber. If you subscribe it works out at something like £3.33 an issue.

Still fairly high prize. Plus, I live 'overseas'. And like Gabez said - contrary to other mags' sites - you can't see what you gets. I was there before making my last post and thought it was just a site, without a mag behind it. Whatever happened to the This Month's Issue button on gaming mag sites?

Archived