September 11th Remembrance

Absurd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ShockV1.89

I think he meant 40,000 from guns...

Point taken.

But I still think it's quite feasible to let that number apply to gun shootings too - maybe a bit over the top, but not if we let it apply to stabbings and general murders as well.

Originally posted by Camus

Okay... I would like to know where in the hell you get your USA statistics... I dont think its possable for 40,000 to die in the USA alone in one year... If it did we would be lossing a good portion of US citizans at every year...

Guiness world records 2000, US was the most likely place to be shot and killed in peace time

you know all you guys who say to get over it should go screw yourselves. if you dont like people makeing such a "small deal" on one simple thread then go some place else no ones forceing you to whatch the movie.

9/11 is a big deal for alot of people, many people from my country and other countrys will NEVER get over it

my friends dad, who is like a second father to me, works for nasa and was supposed to go to the pentagon that day, he missed his flight but i dident know that untill he called me up.

so just because you dident louse anyone or it dident affect you too much dosent mean you can come on here and act like a horses ass

Originally posted by whitedragon

you know all you guys who say to get over it should go screw yourselves. if you dont like people makeing such a "small deal" on one simple thread then go some place else no ones forceing you to whatch the movie.

9/11 is a big deal for alot of people, many people from my country and other countrys will NEVER get over it

my friends dad, who is like a second father to me, works for nasa and was supposed to go to the pentagon that day, he missed his flight but i dident know that untill he called me up.

so just because you dident louse anyone or it dident affect you too much dosent mean you can come on here and act like a horses ass

So you mean that year after year, each and every day, all the people of the world should think about 9/11? Is that not exactly what these terrorists want? That the world will never get over what happened that day? That the world is changed? Is that not exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, im not trying to be a horse ass (flaming btw!) 9/11 was a terrible thing but sooner or later people have to move on. The world cannot stand still for hundreds of years just because some guy hiding in the mountains.

There is too many here who can't see what I mean.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

So you mean that year after year, each and every day, all the people of the world should think about 9/11? Is that not exactly what these terrorists want? That the world will never get over what happened that day? That the world is changed? Is that not exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, im not trying to be a horse ass (flaming btw!) 9/11 was a terrible thing but sooner or later people have to move on. The world cannot stand still for hundreds of years just because some guy hiding in the mountains.

No one has asked the world to stand still. If you don't think this is a incredibly sad day, please keep your comments to yourself.

think about pearl harbor. 60 years from then we rememberd it with a stupid movie but 9/11 was last year so we arent going to get over it too quickly and we remember this so we can fight harder

Guiness world records 2000, US was the most likely place to be shot and killed in peace time

I recall reading one statistic that claimed the USA had more people die from gun shots than Ireland has per year in it's civil war.

Needless to say there are more Irish in America than Ireland (as well as a whole general population) - and the USA is many times larger. :p

Originally posted by rfa_vasquez

i am not even american.i am scottish.but watching that i was crying.And i say we go and we continue to bomb Afghanistan until they have held enough pain and harbouring known terrorists.I SAY KILL THEM ALL

Yeah..the poor men in some small village in Afganistan who's working his ass off just to feed his family should be bombed to hell for being in the same country as osama bin laden..:rolleyes:

do you remember what bush said the day all this happened, he said that they would not distinguish between the terrorist, and the people harboring them, and if afghanistan doesnt want them in there then they had every right to kick them out, but they didnt so they are aiding them. thats one reason why we are bombing afghanistan.

Originally posted by StrSk8er

do you remember what bush said the day all this happened, he said that they would not distinguish between the terrorist, and the people harboring them, and if afghanistan doesnt want them in there then they had every right to kick them out, but they didnt so they are aiding them. thats one reason why we are bombing afghanistan.

Um

Taliban-armed

Citizens-unarmed

So if they fought the taliban they died,and if they didnt,they die by bombings...gee I think they might've thought that we have some decenty and not be ignorant?

Wow. That was uncalled for. If you ever post a similar comment in a remembrance thread again, I will ban you. I am not amused at all.

You are allowed to voice your opinion as long as it isn't mindless bashing with no reasoning behind it. I should also note, once again, that this thread is for remembrance, not for bashing America or 9/11. If you wish to discuss those topics, DO SO IN ANOTHER THREAD.

we all know that the horror committed on september eleventh two thousand and one was probably the worst thing any of us will witness for a long time. i feel deeply sorry for all who lost loved ones. it is a crime against all human kind that we do this to ourselves. and i am in no way protesting the remembrance of that horrible day in any way. but i do have a bone to pick. im not sure how widespread this is but for my school we had 5 minutes of silence remembering the dead. i believe that those people deserved more then just 5 minutes of our thoughts. much more. but i also see remembrance day, memorial day and such. where we are asked to stand for 1 minute. while there were many deaths on that day last september, and many more caused by the afterschock of that event. it pales in comparison to the world wars that happened not so long ago. we shouldnt allow ourselves to only remember the recent with such vigor. we need to remember it ALL. it seems like every year the memorial day assembly gets shorter. each year one less item is on the list of memorial day performances.

i do not remember who it was that said this (my history teacher would kill me if she knew id forgotten the speaker) but here goes: those who forget the past are doomed to repeat them.

think on that. and wonder Why!

Archived