Home

s.o.m.i. discontinued!

stevebeer

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy "Monkey Madness" in one of the "Lucas Arts Archives" software packs. I've got it, so trust me, it is out there.

edit: It's LucasArts Archives Vol III, You also get The Dig, Full Throttle, Dark forces and some other LA classics. Well worth it.

I did a google search for it and this was at the top, so there certainly are places you can buy it.

Doesn't it say on the ScummVM website that you can use MP3's to replace the CD music in SOMI? I've MP3'd the original Amiga music (which in my opinion is a LOT less cheesy than the CD music -- those keyboards... yukk!) and so am wondering how on earth I go about this as there aren't any proper instructions with the SVM archive that I could find.

Hmmm. Not sure why I posted this here! :)

Also: What about LEC Q+E? Isn't that useful for XP users (providing the guy in question has XP)?

~ John

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

Doesn't it say on the ScummVM website that you can use MP3's to replace the CD music in SOMI? I've MP3'd the original Amiga music...

Dude. This is the sort of thing I wish I'd thought of but didn't, because my brain only works in stupid mode.

If nobody else bothers, I'll try to find the answer for you as soon as, like, I can be bothered myself. How did you record the music? Straight from a real Amiga via your soundcard? Or some... SUPER WAY???? Er, like an emulator.

I'm not mad.

Ah but I think the SegaCD soundtrack is the same as the one on the pc 256 colour version.

Come to think of it, that IS better than the amiga mi1 music. The normal MI2 pc music isnt though, but of course theres no cd tracks or anything there....bah

Too bad there's much less of it than in the PC version.

The SOMI music though - there's the same amount in both (unless you count the 'docks' music or something), and I must admit, I prefer the Amiga music to that CD rubbish. ;)

Someone definitely needs to 'do' high-quality MP3 versions of the MI2 music, though. Come on, someone! Be a hero!

I could do it no problems (it wouldn't take long).

I prefer the Amiga MI1 music too (the CD music is just TOO midi for my liking -- it REALLY is cheese factor 9! :()

But I can do MI2 no problems if people want it (the music used in LeChucks fortress rocked it big stylee - can't wait to hear it again). I only want to make sure that we actually WILL be able to use it with SVM before I take the time!

Huz? :)

~ John

I started having a go last night. At the moment I have all the amiga mi1 music ripped as mp3s but i'll need to loop em like the original mods did to make them around the same length as the original tracks.

There are a few issues regarding doing it with mi2, I suggest you pop on #monkey-island on dalnet sometime thunderpeel and we'll have a go at it together or I can at least explain some of the issues in greater detail.

Archived