Home

what do u expect in S&M 2

samandmaxfiend

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, ok. Back to the topicy goodness (I reeeeeally hope that doesn't have some double meaning, but I swear I've heard it used before. And it definetly wasn't in a clean joke...), I really like the idea of using Max as a projectile, but I was kinda hoping we'd be able to actually PLAY as Max. Just once I want to be able to romp through an imaginary universe without pants. (Guybrush's dress in MI2 doesn't count :guybrush: ). I mean, lets have some realism here, people! Who hasn't wanted to go naked throughout a city populated by virtual reality people while shooting things :snipe1: ???

Oh yeah, that's another thing. We need guns. lots of 'em. With highly explosive whatchamagigs to go with 'em.

There. Now you have my wishlist. START WORKIN', LUCASARTS!!!

:sam::max:

I think you should periodically be able to play as either Sam OR Max. One may be able to get places and use things the other can't. Like, Sam throws Max through a window, Max searches around for a key to unlock the door, and lets Sam in. That sort of thing. I think in the game Jazz & Faust it was set up that way. I never tried it because I heard it wasn't that good.

I also think it'd be great to see Sam & Max go through time and space. In fact, that's what I think the title should be: Sam & Max Through Time & Space. They can go back to ancient Egypt, Rome, the Renaissance, WWI & WWII, The 60's, and then into the future, in space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If it's anything like Conker's Bad Fur Day, which I predict it will be, then I'll be happy. Hopefully it'll have a nice (18) sticker on the front of it, and not be cutened up for the TV audience.

I want to see puppies drowning and the homeless being stripped naked and chased.

nonononono. We must still have adventure. The ability to get into maybe 4 gunfights over the course of the game wouldn't be too bad, but we gotta keep it true to the original fan base. Of course, using a RPG to blow up something in a constructive, puzzle-solving way would be pretty damn cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LucasArts won't develop a game without depth perspective ("3D") for PC.

Developing the game for handheld videogame consoles is a very good idea, but I believe the press release referred to "Windows PC".

The best proposal I've heard is to have the player control one character while the other is controlled by AI. This would differ the game from games of similar concept, not to say identical.

Sanspoof, in Sam & Max's defense, they are not "furry", though you didn't imply they are. On the other hand you mentiond dragons and furry in severe proximity. Sam & Max are more related to early American television cartoons than to furry cartoons. The main differentiating factor is likeness to caricatures over the likeness to animals. It's a fine distinction, but luckily I can tell, because I nearly puke when I see furries.

The content of this post is not to imply that I like Sam & Max, but that I hate furries. Had Sam & Max been furries I wouldn't go near a messageboard about them.

I spent countless hours in childhood and adolescence being interested in Sam & Max and similar subjects, and I think debating the business aspects of these subjects would neatly end my long dying occupation.

Archived