Home

WIP carbonfreeze2 shots

Livingdeadjedi

JK2Radiant is ... never getting updated.

If your colleague had a problem with GTKRadiant, such as a 'FATAL ERROR: this map r0x0rs - it's too big' (made up error, as I've never seen an error with GTKRadiant I didn't intentionally cause), all he or she would have to do is contact the GTKRadiant developement team, and ask them to review the error - they'd probably include a fix in their next release.

Oh, and GTK is Open Source - which means that anyone can look at it's guts, which is a good thing.

So, ... whereas Jk2Rad just gets old with time, GTKRadiant gets updated ... over time ...

Oh, and I figured out the fog thing, eventually.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WhiteShdw

I agree with Wudan. GTK radiant and Q3map2 for compiles(so much faster). Besides the advantages he already mentioned, there's also some extra tools in GTK Radiant that can really help. I like using Bobtools. Couldn't do without it, really :) .

Do you know where can I download Q3map2, WhiteShdw? I haven't been able to find it... and are the compile times really that much faster?

Originally posted by Leslie Judge

Well, on smaller maps I didn't really see so much difference. On bigger maps yes, it is faster. If you let the LIGHT part to use the -fast switch then it is MUCH faster. :)

Thanks for the info, Leslie. I'll be sure to use it on my big maps from now on.

The VIS stage is much faster than SOF2MAPs VIS stage, anyway. In either case, you just add the -fast switch to your compile - it'll still be good.

You get a ton more lighting options, like alphashadow and lightmapscale - gives you POWAH a plenty!

If you want to see some sweet alphashadows, check out my thread (I think it's WIP Duel Map) - the little cross-hatch shadows were made by an alpha texture looming overhead.

I think this map would be plenty o beauty-full compiled by Q3Map2.

Jedi puts on his prefessors hat :D

Ok yes the carbon chamber is in fact made up of seperate chambers. Seperated by walls, which i chose not to show

If you get the widescreen version of the movie, i also have a pic as well for convenience :p look in the right hand corner of the picture as Boba Fett brings in Han and the others. In the back you will see another carbon chamber :cool:

it is more pronounced in my picture from the starwars fact files so it may be that part is being even more enhanced for the DVD version so its easier to spot

i heard the actual chamber is 5 of those carbon pits ive known that since i was young.

Jedi puts on his prefessors hat :D

Ok yes the carbon chamber is in fact made up of seperate chambers. Seperated by walls, which i chose not to show

If you get the widescreen version of the movie, i also have a pic as well for convenience :p look in the right hand corner of the picture as Boba Fett brings in Han and the others. In the back you will see another carbon chamber :cool:

it is more pronounced in my picture from the starwars fact files so it may be that part is being even more enhanced for the DVD version so its easier to spot

i heard the actual chamber is 5 of those carbon pits ive known that since i was young. but it would cause to much lag to have that many LOL

Thanks for clearing that up Livingdeadjedi!

I've watched that movie somewhere around a hundred and fifty times (note: that number is not a stretch; back when I was younger I would usually watch one of the three movies everyday) and I have watched the wide screen version fairly often for about eight years now and I have never noticed that other chamber before! :D

Thanks again. And, oh yeah, keep up the great work. :p:D

Right then time for an update :D

Carbon room is now done. not adding to much in there so we dont get lag, its dark enough, but if you play it at night it will look brighter so i suggest turing brightness down :p

ive cushion the pit under the carbon chamber so hopefully no damage, but in the lower tube in the large pit, you sometimes get damage if you enter it slightly wrong :confused:

If you go down tube you will be teleported. Where i hear you ask :D well ive made part of the city :eek: that is where everyone spawns, so on entering Carbon chamber you dont go back without teleporting or dying.

The city does have some recognizable parts but its meant to be part of Lukes trip to the chamber.

The last bit i added was a cool curved corridoor with windows like in film going round to a door and the landing pad with lukes Xwing on. But on rendering i had reached the maximum brushes i could use even with a gridsize of 4096, so had to leave it there.

Also some areas of the city corridoors look a little bright due to the light walls. i had to go for a sunset light effect instead or you wouldnt see the textures :rolleyes:

Theres still enough map for most people to get lost in though :D

What i will do is make the landing pad area as a Duel map. Might even use MY imperial shuttle i made :eek:

i will also be making the gantry area into a duel map with a thinner non enterable gantry that looks more like the movie..

One thing.. once i release map i will give the File to anyone who wants to make it into a Saga map or a Single player map.

One thing though it cant be rendered using normal FUll vis due to the size...... We need more powerful renderers :(

anyway i will Fullvis 1/2LMS then after 4 hours or more LOL i can get it released. So hopefully release date should be sometime in the next week.

Archived