Home

single player source code will not be comeing out after all.

JEDI OUTCAST

i got a reply from raven about the single player source code here is what they said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There are no plans to release the single player source code. no

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THE CODE WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just musing...

A LOT of people thought 1.03 was going to be the last patch. There was lots of debate over a new patch and when the community least expected it, 1.04 was released.

I don't know if LEC has released any SC for any of its other games or not. That may be an indicator.

Originally posted by Russk Rijann

I wouldn't be suprised if Lucasarts was the only thing holding the source code back....they are so dam stingy when it comes to modding..........an intelligent company would let the source code be given out but NOOOOoooo not good old lucasarts GAAAhhh!!!!

ya tink?:D

I sense a disturbance in the Force. Oh, there won't be any SP code release? Raven and LucasArts turned Dark Side, didn't they? I will play so long until:

Kenn Hoekstra was sabered by Ondra

If they won't release that code.

But wait:

There are no plans(!!!) to release the single player source code.

If we push them very hard they might, beacuse PLANS aren't always reality. As all the Matrix fans will sure agree:

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking.

Lets squish them a bit then...

Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

Yes. The code was in the Gob files on the JK CDs.

Well that doesn't mean they 'released the code'. What it means is that the person or people who developed JED and some of the other less popular editors, found a way to crack the GOB files. It was a hack...

The problem with releasing the SP code is the issue over copyright -I would think. It's not an open source game. It's probably a bit like getting Microsoft to give us the sourcecode for Windows -it'll NEVER happen. There are proprietary trade secrets in that code. You don't just give that away. I mean, you could, and maybe you should -but it's not ncessarily in your best interests to do so.

I think it's damn fine of them to give us the MP source! And if they could give us the animations, it would really help alot.

Has there been another major game release when they handed out the source code?

Sure, we could petition. And petitions can be good ways of getting things done. But if you really want results, you need to stoop to blackmail and bribery. If only we had a mole on the inside...hmmmmm... I'm sure there is a way to get an employee to leak something juicy...

Archived