Home

Opinions about user ratings

ondrahosek

Originally posted by Darth Strom

oh yeah also, how do u guys screw around w/ ur rankin, lags pm me or just post here

once you reach 1000 posts, an option appears under edit profile in user cp to change your rank. i reached 1000. i can screw around with it now.

i agree with strom. it is incentive to post more often. however, if its spam, its bad........

I judge everyone by their avatars....no not really.

I rarely look at people's "rankings". I look more at their posts, date registered and of course their avatars. Its how I recognize you guys and when I think of you guys...I don't think "bantha fodder". I picture tyrion as this his little avatar guy with orange hair...Darth Groovy as Darth Maul, Boba Rhett as a token yoda, etc and padianme (sp) as that guy from ice age. Okay I'm getting wierd. I hope you don't think of me as a hampster....

but sincerely - i rarely look or recognize you by your ranking

Mexican%20Wave.gif

Originally posted by STTCT

I picture tyrion as this his little avatar guy with orange hair...Darth Groovy as Darth Maul, Boba Rhett as a token yoda, etc and padianme (sp) as that guy from ice age.

So I'm a strange person with pale complexion that stares in an eerie fashion? :|

*walks away muttering something about how public appearance does matter...*

"I have a dream... that one day... my 4 little children will be judged not by the name of their User Rank but by the content of their posts." :xp:

Sorry, just a little joke.

I don't spam, but I am quite a frequent poster (in case no one had noticed) and the rankings were just another reason to continue to and voice my opinion(s) all over the forum. It was very nice to reach 1,000 posts and have the ability to pick what my rank would be. Plus, now I can have my rank match any avatar I make. :p:D

Originally posted by PhantomHelix

i like the rankings. its just fun to have em, and gives ya a goal to strive for on the forums (no spamming of course. and im the crowned example of no spamming)(*coughliarcough*) :D

*Cough* Well, does it matter??

I dont SPAM either, or at least I dont think so!! Well, yes it gives you a goal and thats nice!!

Besides most boards have em, and what would an UBB be if there wasnt user ratings???

-Clemme

Thanks for these opinions.

Ouchie ouchie. I think I fractured my left wrist, and the moment it happened the right wrist was also dysfunctional. Now it works all right and I have to learn writing with one hand. Boo hoo.

OK, if you judge me by my avatar (I do it too, but I try to change the pics from the avvy to pictures that look like people with flesh and blood, Legion), it's me on the picture.

If my right hand will be enough, I'm off to making Matrix Revolution avvys with ugly people on them. :)

personaly i dont give a **** about users rank. if i see some1 with like bantha fodder, i think, one day he will get to 1000. i dont think those ranks r important to me, i only use it as note that goes with my av. :D

the only thing that matters to me is the things u have to say, not the post count or ...

and ur absolutly right STTCT, im sid (alter ego padanime). im not that famous cause i only played in 1 movie. ice age that is.

and i see u as a nice pregnant hamster. :p

congrats again.

Originally posted by ondrahosek

OK, anybody got an opinion to the User Ratings (Bantha Fodder, Pit Droid, etc.)? I do.

I have not very good feelings about those ratings. People pick on other people because of their user rating. When you play against a "Bantha Fodder" and you are "Gungan" and he is better, you think "the heck! I didn't know Bantha Fodder could play JK2!".

Well - obviously - the Bantha Fodder developed better skills before going to the forum, before even KNOWING about the forum.

It's a psychological thing... People look at other people through their popularity. Like in this case, the post count. Analogy: NO girl is interested in Britney Spears' lack of intelligence. "Because she sings such cool songs," is the comment of many girls in my class.

:(

Well, I am an Ewok now... AND I MIGHT BEAT ANY SITH LORD!

Boo hoo. Anybody got other opinions?

P.S. That custom User Title thingy is great! Why can't we set that before 1000 posts? ? ?

I cant remember the last time I judged someone for thier post count... even on other forums...

Archived