Home

How much LucasArts employees are around here?

Redbeard

I'm from LEC,

ohno :D

Just kidding ;)

I don't know actually, but even IF they are here - I doubt that they will say they are...

Or else they will be spammed like hell from all the people here who have some bright idea for a new MI game..

It wouldn't be a wrong idea though. Listening to what the fans want makes the best games... I think

There are a few official people who lurk around here from time to time :). As mentioned (and then mentioned again) before, the lead programmer for Grim Fandango, Bret Mogilefsky, was nice enough to stop by the GF Network forums, posting as 'mogul'.

There have been a few others, too. A number of people working for Raven Software (the company behind Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast) are semi-regular visitors to the JediKnightii.net forums. The project leaders for Galactic Battlegrounds and (if my memory serves me) RTX: Red Rock have also made appearances. In addition, the webmaster for http://LucasArts.com also has an account here and lurks around the JediKnightii.net, Mixnmojo.com, and our featured LucasArts' 20th anniversary forum, but rarely posts. His account is 'LEC_WebJedi', but he set himself to 'invisible' mode, so he can only be seen by forum staff when he is browsing.

Hopefully, someday we'll get some people who made Monkey Island possible to visit :cool:. Bill Tiller and Larry Ahern are active on AdventureDevelopers.com at the moment, and have been supportive of the MI community for years--it would be great to see them stop by the boards :).

Originally posted by Yoghurt

Do you mean by using names 'n such?

Most unlikely,

then they would be losing fans very, very fast.

I mean in using characters and the islands from the games.

In my RPG *looks around for LucasArts employees* I have used numerous characters, I have used Governor Phatt as a villian after my character's head over unpaid debts, and numerous islands as well.

So if indeed they are around here somewhere, I really never should be brought up the RPG in the first place.

Really? You used a copyrighted character(s) and location(s)? Well, then sir, I'm afraid I''m going to have to deal with you in a very harsh manner and ask for your name and where you live, because me and my lovely friends at LucasArts here will have to sue you. If you would please contact me, that would be much appreciated.

I know that I have a Monkey status and I am trying to get enough posts to be rid of Monkey and onto the next one above.

But I won't resort to the lengths of creating threads like the stupid and insane 'Hehehehe', alright so I do have three posts in there, I like to created threads that don't leave yoy with a headache trying to work out what it is going on about.

I believe that Bill Tiller (who used to work at LucasArts as the lead background artist on CMI) posted on the previous SCUMM Bar forums.

The guy who came on the GFN forums used to work for LucasArts too. I might be wrong, but I think the company has some rule about people who are employed full time, coming on forums and talking about the games.

Originally posted by Gabez

I believe that Bill Tiller (who used to work at LucasArts as the lead background artist on CMI) posted on the previous SCUMM Bar forums.

The guy who came on the GFN forums used to work for LucasArts too. I might be wrong, but I think the company has some rule about people who are employed full time, coming on forums and talking about the games.

Yeah, they have some rules against posting on boards without permission or whatever, which kinda makes sense.

Hey Jack,

If you are a serious game programmer (which I hope to become :)) and you want to publish your game.

Be very carefull with copyrighted characters as Gov. Phatt. There also have been some difficulties around Bid For Power which is a Quake mod where you can play all kinda DBZ characters. Those chars were copyrighted also...

If it's just for fun and only you and a select group of friends use it. I wouldn't be to afraid of it :)

Archived