Home

ps3?

Elessar-Eärfalas

to answer your questions, yes, they are making a ps3. it is not a rumor. it is in fact quite true. im not sure of the exact date, but a few months ago, at a press conference, the head (or someone pretty high up) of Sony announced they are beginning to make PS3, but nothing about it has been released yet. its pretty tight under wraps at the moment.

theres no reason to, PS2 hasnt even been out that long. It needs time to have more games first. Remember the SNES had hundreds of games....and was maybe 4 years before it was replaced by N64. Theres no reason to replace PS2 after only a year. I hope they wait until at least 2005 for it so the PS2 has time to build up a good game library.

Funny Xerxes that you mention 2005 because that is actually when Sony is planning to release the PS3 (probably in Japan first though). But yes, it has been confirmed that Sony is in fact making a PS3, and I believe that they chose IBM to produce the processor or game technology...

Originally posted by Andy867

Funny Xerxes that you mention 2005 because that is actually when Sony is planning to release the PS3 (probably in Japan first though). But yes, it has been confirmed that Sony is in fact making a PS3, and I believe that they chose IBM to produce the processor or game technology...

cool, but you guys do understand what im tryin to say right?

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I was gonna guess 2005 for the Ps3.......anyone have any idea when Xbox 2 comes out?? Before or after Ps3?

I've been waiting for someone to ask this :D

Leemu, the XBox 2 (tenative name) will probably be coming out before the PS3.

As least according to my Electronics Gaming Monthly :p

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping it has BETTER graphics than the x-box, seeing as how it is tentatively scheduled for release in 2005 at the earliest. I meant, thats nearly 2 years away. That's plenty of time to do technological research to boost processor and graphical processor stats.

Archived