Home

Kamino Cloners CIV

JediLoaf

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I think there should be a Kaminion CIV. They have access to litterally any military unit (as they make them :) ) and in AoTC, you see one of them on that giant bird, which is similar to the Gungan fighter...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually this has been brought up, but no harm done.

I don't think the Kamino Cloners would be a good civ. Mainly because they make armies, but they are not war-like. They are only interested in money, but in a different way to the Neimoidians. They are honest and innocent, they do not wage war, and it is debatable whether or not they fully comprehend the destruction that their creations bring about.

And as for the flying creature - yes it does look like the Gungan Fighter, because it is. The creature was originally designed during Empire Strikes Back for Bespin, but they didn't have good enough special effects so it was shelved. Then they were going to use it for the Gungans as a fighter, which is where SWGB got the art and idea from, but that was abandoned. Finally it was made into the aiwha for the Kaminoans.

Yes, I've recited this before, but it is my favourite piece of trivia...

yeah but how do we know that they dont have an army of their own?

maybe we just dont see it

some of the unitz in swgb have never been seen in any of the movies

if the kaminos can clone for the rep. y cant they do that for themselves? make an army of tall kaminos holdin blaster rifles. lol that sounds really weird to me....

This, IMHO, is a bad idea. The Kaminoans are weapons builders, not fighters. Also, it would appear that in ep2, they only care about money, not conquest.

Also, the Kaminoans are part of the Republic in GB, and there are other civs more worthy of an appearance than the Kaminoans.

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't really in their nature. They're war profiteers, earning their pay by supplying others with military units. If they built their own army devised for conquest, then they risk losing said army, and losing money in the process. They're already getting rich on other peoples battles, so why so they risk themselves by sticking themselves in the front lines to do it.

As for whether or not they have a standing army... I imagine they probably do, just in case someone gets upset with them supplying an opponent and decides to eliminate the supplier. I could probably see a campaign scenario based around protecting the kaminos or attacking their planet, but that could be done using toybox kamino units and republic troopers...

Kryllith

lol

This was brought up and debated in the ancient days back when Gaber had yet to anounce the civs and we had not a clue what Kaminos did. But now we know and I really think our reasons to make them a civ a far far gone.

1. They are only a planetwide power

2. They are presented as a techie civ. No fighting just living that's their motto

3. They scare me

4. You'd have to make up EVERYTHING. From square one and up. How their blasters look to what they specialize in. Everything would be made up by designers...most people want at least SOME base to start from when working in the SW universe where so much is already concrete.

I think kamino would be a great civ.

you guys are all saying it isnt in there nature and they have no army wateva wateva

the naboo were peaceful and had a few fighters and thats it until the gungans saved there asses causing a diversion so there ten or so fighters could save the planet. so if they dont add kamino y not get rid of naboo then?????

Clonedjedi- the Naboo were peaceful. But they had a standing army, thus making them a viable option for a civ in a battle game. They played a big part in Episode I, therefore they are an important part of the canon and thus must be included.

The Kaminoans are builders and cloners. No more. They are part of the Republic and have no army of their own. And even if they did have an army, it would only be for defense.

They played a minor role in Episode II. No more. There's no possible way they could be considered a better civ option than the Naboo.

i'm not saying they would be better than naboo and yes kamino were a huge part in episode 2 if it wasnt for them there would be no republic army.

I think they should have like kaminoian troopers with lasers and there own individual army not just a copy of the republic clones.

But i would settle for some toy box kamino warriors and cloners.

It is just an idea and not a determination Corran i dont desperatly need a kamino civ it just would be cool if they had as many civs as possible.

Er. Thank you for that absolutely enlightening and intellectual argument, Se_Vader.

I am still adamant in my opposition of a Kaminoan civ... but, to make people happy, we might as well put some Kaminoans in the scenario editor.

Who knows? They could provide plenty of options for scenarios. So, have some Kaminoan cloners (eg. those shown in Ep II), and perhaps a few with blasters (even though I don't think it's viable) in the scenario editor, but no civ.

We give them blasters in the toybox for two reasons:

a) They'd be good for some scenarios where you either want Kaminoan warriors, or want some kind of very much alien-looking race with guns. Both might end up very common.

b) To satisfy those who want a Kaminoan civ. (this one isn't as important)

Archived