Home

Were you dissapointed with the deleted scenes on the DVD

Naphtali

I think what happened is that they ran out of time for the special effects. Remember, it took a long time for the Episode I DVD to come out... compared, they practically just threw this one out. Seems to me that most of the scenes were ones that they cut out at the last minute, which would mean that they would have had most of the FX completed. But I'd heard that the Plo Koon fight scene, for instance, was cut out very early in post-production, so it had had virtually no work done on it. My bet is that they'll put it out with a future release of the DVD.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

I wasn't really happy with the deleted scenes myself. They could have picked better ones. The best one IMO was the launching pad scene with only Obi and Mace. The rest of them were just terrible.

I believe (kinda like what Jedi Monk was hinting at) is that they will release the best sceens when they make the SW 6 pack dvd set. That might come out in like 2007 or something. A long way to go........:(

I was a bit disapointed. I wanted to see the droid control ship and extended Yoda Dooku duel. The scenes that are there are fine though. I was disapointed that the Padme's family scene was kept out. Maybe in the final edition dvd set therell be more stuff in the prequels. Man 2007, they got a lot of work to do. Im so stoked. Waiting is half the fun in a way.

I was VERY VERY disapointed with the deleted scenes, I think they sucked. They should have waited longer to release the dvd, in my opinion. The episode 1 dvd is awsome. The deleted scenes were good. anyways...I have a clip of Dokku and yoda fighting dokku has a blue and red saber and yoda has a green, but its like 3 seconds. I got it off this file sharing program, winmx or something....(I long deleted the program, but you might check kaza)and at the end yoda isnt there for like 1 sec and dokku is a stuntman with a stick saber....so...anyways.

Actually, JediMonk, lucasfilms confirmed that they've had the DVD ready for months, almost before the release of the movie itself. It was easier to get onto DVD since it was already in digital format. So they were sitting on a finished product for some time.

Originally posted by LiMP RABBiT

For those of us who don't have the DVD (ie. me) could you possibly go over what it exactly featured.

Here you go :

1. Padmé Addresses the Senate.

2. Jedi Temple Analysis Room.

3. Obi-Wan & Mace - Jedi Landing Platform.

4. Extended Arrival on Naboo.

5. Padmé's Parents' House.

6. Padmé Bedroom.

7. Dooku Interrogates Padmé.

8. Anakin and Padmé on Trial.

Archived