Home

ScummVM for DreamCast?

guybrush guy

Yes, it's really cool. I love playing DOTT and Sam and Max on a TV.

All you need is a CD-R drive and original game discs. Burn the ScummVM program, it'll boot by itself in any Dreamcast thanks to a loophole in the DC hardware. Swap in your game disc and you're good to go.

That's probably because you burned the raw files instead of a disc image like Nero of Discjuggler. The disc needs an audio track to boot.

Alternatively,

http://rh14225.rh142.rh-tec.com/data/packs/gam_dem/ScummVM.zip

Get that and use...

http://rh14225.rh142.rh-tec.com/data/Sbinducr.exe

..Selfboot Inducer to make an image file out of the .sbi file in the SCUMMvm.zip, then burn in Discjuggler or Nero, whichever format you said you wanted it in. I'll leave the rest to you.

Actually, I lie. It'll probably be tommorow, the file I was sent doesn't contain any insructions on how to add new games to it :)

Originally posted by Ender

I just got the 0.3.0b binaries for the DreamCast from MarcusC last night - they should be posted to the ScummVM website in an hour or so.

Y'know, all the old sonic games from the megadrive are being released on the gamecube in a bargain price set. I wish LucasArts would do this with thier old adventures. Or Revolution. Or Adventure Soft. Or anyone who ever made a half decent adventure game!! I mean, the playstation one has Broken Sword 1 & 2, and Discworld 1 & 2. Even the goddam GBA has Broken Sword!!

Yeah, Total Revolution it was called. Released on the PC briefly, I only ever saw it on amazon for about £12, a real bargain. However, all four games are still on general release. Obviously, some are harder to find than others, but try Sold Out software.

Well, only last year I chanced upon a copy of BASS at my local curry's in the £5 games bin. It was a sold out version. And I've seen about 3 copies of Lure of the Temptress in second hand shops and on the market since I got my copy when it was still available in HMV.

• 2 weeks later...

I might as well mention Revolution has sent the ScummVM team the sourcecode to BASS, in case we are intrested in adding support for it. And we probably will, after we finish all the SCUMM stuff :)

Originally posted by LucasTones

Well, only last year I chanced upon a copy of BASS at my local curry's in the £5 games bin. It was a sold out version. And I've seen about 3 copies of Lure of the Temptress in second hand shops and on the market since I got my copy when it was still available in HMV.

Archived