Home

Calling all troops, there is a great disturbance in the swamp!

Darth Groovy

I have seen nothing but threads upon threads of whining and complaining and disruption, "this place sucks", "too many polls", "i'm leavingx10", "jk2net sux" and "some hot chick". I don't know how it got started, but I do know that we LFJA originated at the swamp, and we started to help out admin/mods with the influx of new members. When I first joined, the Swamp was already a great place and LucasForums became a quick addiction to me. Now things have got out of control, there is whining amuck, infinate spam, and general pandamonium.

My proposition is for all of us core LFJA members to get involved in assisting to turn the swamp to its original state.

I propose we push the envelope on recruiting new members. Now that we are a part of LucasForums, there is no longer any danger in advertising ourselves. We are a division within the community, assembled for the best reasons. Sell the hell out of our organisation and get them exited and involved. Post new topics! Bump all the damn polls to the next page! You guys who know how to post topics, lets get brave and post a fewl, and if you can't think of anything, then go into the archives and bump an old thread that you think is cool, I will be putting in 200% to help out the problems. I would even venture to post a reply to some of these complaint threads that the influx of complaint threads is also not helping, but aiding in the damage. I have requested for additional volunteers to push for new members, and advertise for us every chance they get. Dath Maximus is head of recruting, he can tell you how to help us advertise and what needs to be done. Lets push the word and get things back where they belong.

If we are strong enough, and all of us believe in what the LFJA stands for, we shall have the strenghth to move mountains!:)

i couldnt agree more groovy. the swamp is overrun with junk an idiots askin evrything over and over again.

i didnt post a thread talkin about the academy as i didnt know if we would be startin with recruiting,lfja bussiness right now/ after the holidays (2003) / or when we have a recruitment booth.

and ill se what i can do advertising as much as i can ;)

i also know some ppl who would be a good addition so ill PM them.

lets start our coup so we again gain control of the swamp.

edit: i also added Dath´s recruitment booth so intrested ppl know where to go. ;)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I have seen nothing but threads upon threads of whining and complaining and disruption, "this place sucks", "too many polls", "i'm leavingx10", "jk2net sux" and "some hot chick". I don't know how it got started, but I do know that we LFJA originated at the swamp, and we started to help out admin/mods with the influx of new members. When I first joined, the Swamp was already a great place and LucasForums became a quick addiction to me. Now things have got out of control, there is whining amuck, infinate spam, and general pandamonium.

My proposition is for all of us core LFJA members to get involved in assisting to turn the swamp to its original state.

I propose we push the envelope on recruiting new members. Now that we are a part of LucasForums, there is no longer any danger in advertising ourselves. We are a division within the community, assembled for the best reasons. Sell the hell out of our organisation and get them exited and involved. Post new topics! Bump all the damn polls to the next page! You guys who know how to post topics, lets get brave and post a fewl, and if you can't think of anything, then go into the archives and bump an old thread that you think is cool, I will be putting in 200% to help out the problems. I would even venture to post a reply to some of these complaint threads that the influx of complaint threads is also not helping, but aiding in the damage. I have requested for additional volunteers to push for new members, and advertise for us every chance they get. Dath Maximus is head of recruting, he can tell you how to help us advertise and what needs to be done. Lets push the word and get things back where they belong.

If we are strong enough, and all of us believe in what the LFJA stands for, we shall have the strenghth to move mountains!:)

groovy. the "hot chick" is a rob schneider movie!"

and im sorry about my thread. i gotta leave for a while. i wish i could help. at the moment, i am changin all my info and my name so that the trolls dont recognize me. but please, keep me updated. you know my email. and if you dont, you can always ask Darklighter. he will know.

I'M JUST TRYING TO BE FRIENDLY.

{message from Reb Starblazer} I have no problem with you being friendly. However, coming into our forum and spamming up the place is not acceptable, which is why your posts were deleted. If you wish to post here, please post relevantly. Everyone is free to post here, as long as it's not spam, which is defined as totally inappropriate and/or off topic posts, which your last two posts were perfect examples of. Please, refrain from posting things like that in the future, and we'll get along just fine. And by the way, your caps lock key seems to be stuck or something, maybe you should get that checked ;)

Good save Reb, i'm proud of you. There will probably be an increase in trolls and spam since alot of "kids" are going to be out of school for the holidays now. Remember the best way to handle a troller is to not give it any attention, report the post and move along. That's what happened here, and this is a great example for the Academy! :cool:

Archived