Home

ground-fighting = VERY IRRITATING

davre_gamob

ground fighting, if you dont know, is fighting while crouched. this provides the player with extra security during lightsaber fights because while in the position, it allows the player to hit an opponent's legs, while also being a harder target to hit. also, while in the RED lightsaber style, being crouched provides what most instances prove to be a one-hit-kill strike.

now, it seems to me that ground-fighting is what n00bs use to get away with not having force available to them. so they kill you with one hit by frikin ground-fighting, thinking they have all the frikin skill in the world, when they dont. this is VERY IRRITATING to me, and i cant safely bet that its the same way for a lot of people.

i consider ground-fighting cheating, and i will not fight anyone who ground-fights. if you see me, [Torso_Boy] online, be prepared for an easy kill if you ground-fight.

im just expressing my feelings about ground-fighting here. n00bs can tear me up if you want, but remember, ground-fighting is not a skill.

-dave

[ oh, and type-killing (killing somone who's typing) isnt very profound either, BTW. ]

thats what it is. i thought it was red. well, whatever they do, its ground-fighting, and its VERY IRRITATING and n00b-like. i refuse to fight those who do it, and i wont provide any kind of enjoyable challenge for them. either that or ill go fight someone better than ground-fighters - BOTS.

i consider ground-fighting cheating, and i will not fight anyone who ground-fights. if you see me, [Torso_Boy] online, be prepared for an easy kill if you ground-fight.

-dave

[ oh, and type-killing (killing somone who's typing) isnt very profound either, BTW. ] [/b]

hmm.. ground fighting is not a cheat, otherwise it would not be allowed in the game or a patch would have been released... ppl are just exploiting an easy kill. you should find better ways of countering. i love blue lunge, so you probably would not like fightning me... but hey, everyone has their own opinion

There is no more patches because Raven is too lazy to do it. They said NO MORE PATCHES, PERIOD. :(

There are plenty of exploits that NEED to be patched, but Raven refuses.

Got your bunny hopping momentum exploit

Got your red DFA saber hit exploit (where if you're NEXT to the saber within a yard, you still get killed)

Got your hacking program that lets you push/pull/grip/lightning enemies even if they have absorb on

Got your pull and kick exploit which not even absorb can stop

Got your obvious map bugs people exploit, to climb up on walls, and even go through some so they can't kill the flag carriers (I know plenty of those)

the list just goes on and on

Also, sabers are what... NERF BATS!? One shot of a weapon kills, while 20 saber slashes MIGHT kill them? Sabers should have alot moer damage. You have to be up close, for crying out loud. I think it should be like the following :If you make ONE mistake, you're dead. They swing a BIG red stance swing at you? You can side swing and cut them in half while their saber is up over their head.

Either that or make sabers ignore shields, using shields for weapons only.

IMHO

I agree, this is not a cheat, nor do I consider it that way. I'm on the opposite end of that opinion in that I think it is a great tactic if you can pull it off. It is ESPECIALLY useful when fighting someone who likes to do yellow horizontal or diagonal swings. It takes timing for you to run then crouch without rolling, but if you can do it, then when you crouch, swing in red. It can be countered by any directly downward swing, and a red dfa will most certainly kill the guy. Its useful in certain situations, and is counterable, and therefore, is not a cheat in my book. Its a tactic. He!!, I've done something like this in my medieval weapons class (with ERAU's martial arts club), where I quickly ducked down and got a sudden kill b/c the guy wasn't expecting it, and didn't drop his gaurd lower to block my shot.

you must realize im not talking about a single move. ground fighting is not a single move. ground fighting is staying crouched the whole fight without getting up. the fighters in question would stay down and do normal attacks (while crouched) in addition to this blue lunge thing. staying down provides extra protection somehow. it also slows the fight down to a crawl.

so keep in mind im not talking about this blue lunge thing. im talking about ground fighting , and thats when I consider it cheating. i can take the blue lunge, but i cant take a guy who stays crouched the whole fight and make cheap kills.

Strafe jumping is not an exploit, it's in the Quake 3 engine and has been for some time so you can't call it an exploit.

Pull-kick isn't an exploit either. If the person has absorb on the pull-kicker just has to be closer. What you think that just because you have absorb on the force pull/push should have zero effect on you?

I have no idea what you're talking about DFA, that's probably more due to your lag than anything else since the 1.03 patch pretty much made Red DFA a liability.

Tired of that 1.04 strangness.

TRY OUT PROMOD 3.0. YOUR TICKET TO HOT LIGHTSABER COMBAT AND GUNNING.

WHAT'S THAT, DID YOU SAY THAT LIGHTSABERS AND GUNS PLAY COMPETITIVELY ON THE SAME SERVER, THE SAME GAME, NOT JUST DIFFERENT GAME TYPES?!?

YES!!!

DON'T DELAY, DOWNLOAD TODAY, GO ON ARTIFEX'S SERVER, AND SEE IF THE VERY PRECISE BLOCKING AND ATTACKING SYSTEM FOR LIGHTSABERS ALLOWS THAT DUCKING BLUE LUNGE PERSON TO WIN ALL THE TIME.

Just thought I'd give a shameless plug. No sense in arguing if 1.04 is "tight" or not. Promod is a different game, but it's not a flashy game. Nothing in the game "looks good". It's a precise system. You get the skills that you choose, and that's all. You want the force, fine, but you can't have the weapons. You get a powerful lightsaber, higher damage versus another saber, practically one hit kill against the gunner or the unarmed. You want the weapons. Fine, we'll give you guns that are faster and stronger than 1.04 if you want. But you can't have force powers. But you get a nifty little jetpack that gets you around on limited fuel and a very moderate boost.

If you're tired of dueling 1.04 and wondering why the blocking is sporatic "because the numbers are generated randomly", then this is your mod.

End shameless plug.

Oh come on! :rolleyes:

It seems clear that you have not been playing this game a lot.

The blue lunge is the blue special move. In order to perform it you *have to* crouch. If someone decides to crouch 24/7.. so what? That's just dumb and boring. Calling it cheating is absurd.

These "ground-fighters" (or whatever) are obvisously not skilled players. An even remotely skilled player is able to perform the lunge while running; no need to crouch for 2 minutes and thus let everyone know what your next move is.

Spammers are boring, but not cheaters. I'd say the term "n00b" was created especially for this sort of situations.

Just kill them. Medium special works. Hitting their back and sides while they're stuck in the lunge-animation works too.

No matter what you do people will continue playing like asses if it amuses them.

ground fighting?? hehehe, yes I can see it being deadly if you don't have a full graps of allthe moves yet. as others pointed out, if your opponent is crouching, it means that he is VERY slow and VERY vulnerable to certain moves. Run around him and do a single red vertical strike, or ANY of the DFA's. or better yet, go to his side and lunge him. it will take him down in no time.

and yes, TRY PROMOD. basically all the answers to the saber exploit problems, and the saber being a friendly glowstick have been solved in promod. heck i dont even play regular JKII anymore. You will go through an adaptaion period where you will be disoriented and killed a lot while you adjust to promod, but once you get used to it... OH THE FUN :D

DITTO... JO sucks for Sabers without ProMod... Does away with spammers too. I agree spamming isn't cheating. These people just use one move for all occasions. If all you need to know is one move, why bother learning anymore??? Especially, when most of the other moves do so little damage! In ProMod, "ground fighting" as you put it, or DFA or whatever is just one move of many you could use. If you like Sabers, you NEED ProMod!

Yet another shamless plug, from yet another satisfied customer!!!

As was noted above, crouching makes them slow and predictable, run round them, do a straight red hit and crouch as it hits them, because they are crouched you stand a better chance of getting a head hit - 1 hit kill. Alternatively, wait for them to start an attack and yellow (or even red) dfa them, being crouched they will find it harder to avoid.

It is not cheating to play the game unimaginatively.

Yellow finisher works quite nicely against crouchers. Also, rolling works to get away from them quickly.

Y'know, 1.04 seems OK to me. Do you really want another patch that'll just make things worse than they already are?

And enough with all this Promod crap. Holy crappin' A!!! Every damn thread I go into is Promod this and Promod that. I think people get the freakin' message. :rolleyes:

I dunno about anyone else, but on most of the servers I play on...

If I walk around crouched the whole time, I'm going to get slaughtered.

That's a horrible way to play. If you can't beat it, maybe you just need to learn a little more about the saber combat system.

Archived