Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

Caster flew to the Jedi Academy. When he arrived, he went immediately to find Luke.

"Caster?" Luke exclaimed. "I hadn't expected to see you again."

"Didn't Alyssa make it back yet?" Caster asked, surprised. Luke shook his head.

"She ran into you, then?" he asked.

"I was sitting with Nik Rolas," Caster answered. "He was the one Alyssa was sent to look for."

"And Kilmor," Luke added. Caster nodded.

"Kilmor's dead," he said. "Killed by Darth Tepe. Has Nik arrived yet?"

"No," Luke answered.

"Spast," Caster breathed. Luke smiled.

"You definitely picked up that habit from spending time with Kyle," he said.

"His favorite word," Caster muttered. "When was the last time you heard from Alyssa?"

"Just before she entered Welmin's Cantina," Luke answered. Caster glanced around.

"See if you can find Riebe," he said. "And get Kyle. We have to find Alyssa and Nik. Both of them left before I did and neither of them have arrived here yet."

"That is a problem," Luke mused.

"Skywalker!" Kyle called. "We received a transmission from Nik Rolas, but it was interrupted... Caster? What are you doing here?"

"I'm preparing to launch an unplanned rescue mission," Caster growled. "I was with Nik and Alyssa in Welmin's Cantina. Both of them left before I did and neither of them have come here."

"Spast," Kyle muttered. "If you need help, I'll be glad to offer it."

"I'll get to work on finding Riebe," Luke said. "You two come up with a plan of finding them."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A clang reverberated through the small ship as the door hit the ground in two smoking pieces. Nik waited for the barrage of laser bolts, but none came. Instead, he saw something glint in the smoke.

Nik's stomach lurched. Oh, no. A vibroaxe. Only pirates used those.

A small hum emenated(sp?) from it as the wielder activated it and stepped through the door.

He was tall and muscular, with a scar running across his forehead and blaster scorches on his arms. He had long, dirty dreadlocks that swung with his movement. Transfixed by his opponent, Nik didn't even register the glinting dart that suddenly flashed over the pirate's shoulder. The dart hit him too fast for him to react. He passed out before hitting the ground.

"I love the effect I have on people," chuckled the pirate leader as he motioned for his men to pick up the body.

"On a pirate ship," Alyssa answered quietly. "They've taken our lightsabers, but have not bothered to restrain us in any other way... unless you might possibly like to count the chains around our wrists... easily enough gotten out of."

She smiled. "I'd have gotten out of mine already were it not for you being still unconscious... and the fact that whatever drug they knocked us out with is still pretty strong in my system."

Alyssa chuckled quietly. "Relax for a few more minutes while I work to purge this drug from my system and I'll help."

She closed her eyes. After a moment, she opened them "While I'm working on this, you might try thinking of other ways besides physical force that might get you free of your restraints." Her eyes closed again.

Nik got up and walked over to the dim glow lamp nestled in the corner of the room. He kicked the side, shattering the glass, and held the chains against the wires. The small jolts of electricity moving from wire to wire burned off the cuffs.

Nik muttered, "Not the most conventional method, but..."

Alyssa's eyes snapped open when Nik burned off his cuffs.

"Not quite what I was thinking..." she muttered. She held up her own cuffed hands. "The lock is a very simple contraption. It can be manipulated through the Force." She demonstrated and her cuffs fell off. With a big stretch, she stood and moved to the door. Unlike the cuffs, the lock mechanism on the door was highly complex.

"I guess they know a little about dealing with Jedi," Alyssa smiled.

Meanwhile, Caster and Kyle were working on a plan to find Alyssa and Nik, but weren't getting very far on it.

"They could be anywhere by now," Kyle snapped when Caster's plans seemed to search only a narrow section of the galaxy. "And they may not even be together."

"Something tells me they are," Caster insisted. Kyle frowned.

"I still say it's pirates, working individually of each other," he said. Caster nodded.

"And I agree," he said. "But they are quite likely working for the same person," he replied. "Think of it, Kyle. Two Jedi have gone missing at almost the exact same time. It has to be a planned attack."

"Kyle, Caster," Luke said, coming in. "I've contacted Riebe. As you can well imagine, she's very mad."

"Uh oh," Kyle muttered. "That's not fun."

"Help me out, guys," Caster said. "I don't know her that well... just met once or twice in passing."

"And that's more than you'll ever need to know about Riebe Sothe," Luke smiled. "If you've seen her on better behavior, picture that times ten."

"A little spitfire, eh?" Caster grinned.

"Don't let her hear you say that," Kyle warned. Caster nodded.

"We still have the problem of the Beaurecratic Council," he said. "They'll never agree to let us mount a search and rescue operation without knowing where the missing Jedi are."

"They're scared of Riebe," Kyle laughed. "She'll make them do what we want when she gets here."

"She has that kind of influence?" Caster wondered.

"On everyone she meets," Luke answered.

((You got your facts messed up... Riebe is Alyssa's former master. She's mad because Alyssa is missing and is on her way to meet up with Caster, Luke, and Kyle. When she reaches the Academy, she'll 'persuade' the Beaurecratic Council to let them go on a mission to find Alyssa and Nik. :) ))

"Wrong place, wrong time," Alyssa shrugged. "They may also be looking to bait me into giving them information by torturing you... in the end, I can't honestly say I know."

"Maybe," Alyssa answered thoughtfully. Suddenly, she smiled. "Nik, put your hands behind your back... like you're cuffed. I think I've figured out that lock on the door. If we're still 'cuffed', the guard won't have time to yell."

She put her own hands behind her back...

"How could you let this happen?" Riebe demanded. Luke held up his hands in protest.

"It was out of our control," he said. Riebe sighed.

"Fine," she said. "It was out of your control. But couldn't you have sent more than one person? Always send two at a time! I don't care if the one you want to send is on the Council. Always send two. Always!"

"You want to find her, then?" Kyle asked. Riebe glared at him.

"Yes, I want to find her," she snapped. Turning to Caster, she said, "And you'll be going with me."

"Why me?" Caster wondered. Riebe muttered something about incompetence.

"Because you're the one who's supposed to be training Nik now," she retorted.

"Not until the Beaurecratic Council agrees," Luke injected calmly. Riebe frowned.

"Beaurecrats don't belong in the Jedi," she told him. "You should have chosen your Council better." She sighed. "Fine... I'll talk to them."

"About the mission too?" Luke pressed.

"Why should they care about the mission?" Riebe snapped. "Caster is an Exile. I am merely an Honorary Jedi. Why should they care what we do?"

"Because you are recognized as Jedi throughout the galaxy," Kyle answered. Riebe nodded shortly.

"Of course," she said. "Fine, I'll talk to the BC."

She left the room and Luke breathed a sigh of relief.

"The spitfire of spitfires," Caster muttered, watching her go. Luke nodded.

"She is a very draining individual," he said softly. "Both physically and mentally."

"And I'm supposed to go on this mission too?" Caster wondered. Kyle patted him on the back.

"Don't fight it," he said. "She might get physical if you do..."

A look of horror crossed Caster's face and Luke laughed.

"Don't worry, Cast," he said. "Riebe's just a little worked up because her former apprentice is missing. She's actually quite friendly... once you get to know her."

"If you say so," Caster said uncertainly.

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment. There was a soft clank and the door opened. Alyssa's eyes opened immediately and she stared at the door as if in surprise. The guard was even more surprised and entered the cell. On Alyssa's command, the door slammed shut behind him and Alyssa reached for his arm.

"What the..." the guard exclaimed. But that's all he could get out. Alyssa clamped the cuffs around his wrists and knocked him out. Then, she opened the door again and stepped out cautiously.

((Wow, that's cool... but it's not true any more :p ))

((Hey, Rythe... welcome back! but the two of us who are actively participating in this thread aren't in Welmin's Cantina any more... Joe's character, Nik and one of my characters have been captured by pirates who are taking them to somebody who obviously knows how to keep Jedi as captives... seeing as you're Darth Rythe... I'm curious, is this you we're being taken to? That might be a way to rejoin.))

Suddenly, there was laughter and Alyssa and Nik were pushed by an invisible force back into the cell and the guard was dragged out.

"Foolish, Jedi," the voice said. "Did you really think we'd be so unprepared to hold Jedi?"

"We could hope..." Alyssa muttered. The door slammed shut.

• 4 months later...

((Yep... joe, you an' me moved it out of the cantina hoping to give it a little more life... but that obviously didn't work :p So either you and I could continue in this train of thought or we could return it to the cantina... but the only thing that seems to happen at the cantina is a few short conversations and then a fight and then the cantina gets blown up... and then rebuilt....))

Archived