Home

The Best Mod

Lord_Plo_Koon

What do you think is the best mod?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best mod?

• ForceMod
    • JediMod
    • ProMod
    • OmniMod
    • JediPLUS
    • Other

The problem with these threads is that 90% of people who vote haven't tried out all mods.

If you've only played "The-crappiest-mod-ever", you will vote for it 'cause that is the only one you know about.

I say Promod. (Gee, what a surprise :rolleyes: )

I have checked out Jedimod and all the other silly mods where you fool around with emotes, dual sabers etc.

If you seriously want to play a balanced game, not screw around --> promod. :)

Btw - we haven't had any "Shameless Promod Plugs" in ages. Perhaps I should start a new thread? ;)

This thread is quite useful for me actually. I havent played JK2 for ages as I've been waiting for all the cool TCs that are on the way...some people may remember me (like Gonk8er; sorry of I spelt that long,but hey,its been a while.). Anyway, I was looking through all the mods and realised I was never gonna know which were the cool ones to play. But I suppose this thread can help me. Which are the best mods to play for single player??

I'm personally currently using JediMod to practice since it has emotes, custom hilts, RGB saber color, and kicking off walls.

I like quite a few mods for different reasons and gametypes.

CTF: xMod is the best CTF mod available since it fixes most of the bugs and problems with CTF and basejk. Vulcanis also gets my vote for being useful aswell as being able to do emotes after death. :D

I never really got hooked on ProMod, it's a good mod, but other mods like MotF have great potential to fix and bring life back to JK2.

Style over Substance is coming along nice, and I can't wait for a finished / completed version of that.

ForceMod is good... but changes too much of the game to make it a good mod to train on. It's fun and a nice change from other mods, but it's not the best modification.

OmniMod / JediPlus added un-needed features for me. JediMod 1.2 had everything it needed for it's time without being updated with the latest 'hilts', 'models' and other MP features.

I second that cringe. Those mods do not go together at all. They have completely different philosophies, and the delicate balance promod tries to reach for itself would be destroyed.

On that note, I am also disappointed that masters of the force was not included on the list.

My review of that mod:

It's good. The dodging system was thoughtful. At first, I was imagining that this mod would have some slow mo stuff going on like Style over Substance. I figured every dodge would just slow the game down.

It was pretty cool. I was playing bots though, so to say that I've seen everything there is to see about MotF is a falsehood. My saber battles were really long, mainly because our dodge meters lasted pretty long. Of course, I'm so saturated by the promod system of fighting, I wasn't very good in this one. It's an interesting mod, however my attention span is pretty much hooked. However, I commend it for its freshness.

Most mods kind of add glitz and glamor. Like the old mods of JK, where everything was turned into a mega tank gun (interesting how they never modded the lightsaber. I swear, more "star wars" fans are buying the "star wars games" but go in wanting nothing to do with dramatic gun versus saber combat. They want their jedi armed with tank guns). MotF didn't add a jetpack, or a grappling hook, it just did something you don't normally see. It wasn't overbearing, just some plain and thought out changes.

Of course, I assume MotF is still a work in progress, it would be intersting to see where the mod goes from here.

Thank you for the kind words, Shaft. :) In the future please post MotF comments in one of the official MotF threads (or I'll probably not see them). Such theads as the main MotF thread or the Release 1 thread. I'll respond to the rest of your comments in the Release 1 Thread so others can see it.

And yes, MotF is a WIP. In fact, I just finished the core for the new, much better, hitzone code. Once it's totally up and running the mod will probably look 150% better since MotF has a LOT of hitzone based stuff. Betatesters are needed.

The poll is flawed it is an insult to promod to be put on the same ballot as jediplus and omnimod. :D

Make a new poll with real innovative mods such as MoTF, promod, ForceMod, hydroball, and JediMod (only JediMod since it actually required a lot of work and was innovative unlike its clones), then you're talking about a poll on mods.

:)

PROMOD *raises fist* FOREVEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

........... What?

ForceMod: Cheap, boring, SEVERELY MORE UNBALANCED, total bleh

JediMod: Piece of crap, just cosmetics

JediPlus: Oi vei, I don't know where I should begin!!

OmniMod: Combines JediMod with admin mod and call it his own.... yawn... And it's just as bad as JediPlus since they make a new one every damned day

Other: Other?! What other?!?!

To hilt people: WHO THE HELL CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It's a goddamned hilt, for Christ's sake! Oh yeah, that's veeeerry important. Hey everybody! Lets make ourselves an inch high with 50 foot lightsabers!!!

Archived