Home

"That boy is our only hope" - Obi-Wan

GothicSith

This quote from ROTJ suggests that he did not know of the existance of Liea. If true, then I speculate that Yoda instructs Obi-Wan to take Luke to Owen and Beru. Obi-Wan then stays behinds to keep Luke safe. Yoda then takes Liea to Bail Organa. I believe it is Yoda and of course Padme that knows she had twins. The question is does Anikan/Vader knows.

Edit: I meant did Vader know that he had a son.

He said that because Luke at least had some training. Leia was completely in the dark of her lineage and her force potential. Ben was now dead, and Yoda was nearing death himself. There was no way that Leia was ever going to be trained at that point, enough to overthrow Vader and the emperor. It could be too, that when the twins were born, that they were tested for midichlorians, and Luke proved to be the stronger in the force, or at least in potential, than Leia.

So what Obiwan said was true, from a certain point of view. ;)

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

Didn't Vader say something about Leia being Luke's sister during the final duel to get him to show himself?

No, Luke's thoughts of Liea betrayed him and thus revealed it to Vader.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

He said that because Luke at least had some training. Leia was completely in the dark of her lineage and her force potential. Ben was now dead, and Yoda was nearing death himself. There was no way that Leia was ever going to be trained at that point, enough to overthrow Vader and the emperor. It could be too, that when the twins were born, that they were tested for midichlorians, and Luke proved to be the stronger in the force, or at least in potential, than Leia.

So what Obiwan said was true, from a certain point of view. ;)

LOL. Nice. But you you could be wrong, you know.

At a certain point it was luke who told vader of leia, luke's love for his sister made him think of what could happend to her if he didn not destroy the emperor and either bring anakin back to the lightside or destroy him.

and vader had the ability to read his thoughts trough the force and that is how he learned of his daugther.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote Originally posted by GothicSith

"That boy is our only hope" - Obi-Wan

This quote from ROTJ suggests that he did not know of the existance of Liea.

Ummm....

Yeah, dude, that was from the Empire Strikes Back. Not ROTJ.

Scene: Luke takes off in X-wing to save his friends on Bespin.

Obi Wan: "That boy was/is our last hope."

Yoda: "No... There is another."

Originally posted by BobaJango

Ummm....

Yeah, dude, that was from the Empire Strikes Back. Not ROTJ.

Scene: Luke takes off in X-wing to save his friends on Bespin.

Obi Wan: "That boy was/is our last hope."

Yoda: "No... There is another."

Yeah sorry about that. Talk about a brainfart:eek:

Originally posted by wassup

Obi-Wan probably just thinks that a woman couldn't possibly become the one that defeats the Dark Lord of the Sith. Damn sexist...:D

Maybe but realistically, she wasn't as in tune with the force as luke, and even if she did learn, it would be a big if, if she could even touch Vadar.

I just don't think Vadar could of reflected on his own life course by looking at Leia as he could a version of himself Luke

• 1 month later...

While I agree that Leia could proceed to Luke's level and then go on to defeat Vader, she would need training. She had absolutely none. And who would be left to train her (to surpass Luke's training)? Luke could only train her up to his level of understanding ... and then risk losing her to the Dark Side.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Midichlorian List provided by Lucas Luke and Leia have the same Midichlorian count so she has the same potential in the force as Luke.

My views on the situation are that Obiwan only knows of Luke not Leia and the Vader again probably knows he has a son but not a daughter.

But according to the spolier site http://www.supershadow.com what u hav to remember is that GL makes the stuff up as he goes along so at the end of ANH Vader isn't even Luke's father and Leia isn't lukes sister etc but it's much more fun to speculate and think up ideas!

Archived