Home

pod racing?

vegietto

racing is cool :racer: although i really don't think any 10 year old would be mature enough to do it. that's one of the weird things, really. it seems like nai gets less mature from ep1 to ep2 (in some respects). They should race on coruscant, that would rock tale (hey maybe that's how mace'll die :p).

I thought the podracing sequence, whilst graphically extremely impressive, sucked arse. Sorry folks, but it took up far too much time in the movie in my opinion, and everything else was just so rushed. You just know that the race was made so long because it was there to promote the sales of the game (which was also pants btw... ).

:barf:

Should have had LOADS more :wan: and :mauls: instead.

:mauls: was the best and most under-used character in the entire saga.

I think what Watto says is indicative of what happens in the OT - That republic credits are not welcome on Tatooine, so it seems like perhaps Pod Racing is more of an Outer Rim kind of thing, perhaps illegal or not accepted in the Republic.

I think also being scared of the Empire is a reason not to race pods, all it would do is attract attention, and therefore mean an Imperial presence, which many planets want to avoid.

Pod racing itself is great, but also agree that it did take up too much of the movie, or that they needed another 20 minutes to make it fit in properly. I swear that both of the PT movies still need an extra 20-30 mins added onto them so that they flow better, and make a lot more sense, and allow for more character development.

Hmm. I think that the reason we didnt see Podracing in the old movies was. GL didnt think of it until Ep1 or he didnt have the recources to do it, for the old movies...! It would have been k00 to see though.

Instead of Pod Racing in the old movies we saw a Speederbike chase in RotJ. I think that was cooler than Pod racing.

-Clemme

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

I think what Watto says is indicative of what happens in the OT - That republic credits are not welcome on Tatooine, so it seems like perhaps Pod Racing is more of an Outer Rim kind of thing, perhaps illegal or not accepted in the Republic.

I think also being scared of the Empire is a reason not to race pods, all it would do is attract attention, and therefore mean an Imperial presence, which many planets want to avoid.

Pod racing itself is great, but also agree that it did take up too much of the movie, or that they needed another 20 minutes to make it fit in properly. I swear that both of the PT movies still need an extra 20-30 mins added onto them so that they flow better, and make a lot more sense, and allow for more character development.

I have to disagree with you about the Pod Racing only being Outer Rim Territory. Qui-Gonn Jinn says that he has seen Pod Racing on Malastre. We also see one of their representatives at the Galactic Senate so I do think that it is in the Republic.

I think that the reason that it was not in the OT was because it would of been hard to make a Pod Race scene back then. I also think that GL just didn't have that idea untill recently.

As for why it was not in the Empire I think that the popularity just died. Look at the people who attend the races?

There criminals or are wanted by someone. With the Empire's grip, they would have just been traps so people just forgot about about it and abondended it.

Gambling also may have been outlawed by the Empire so it just died because of that.

:duel::lsduel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Gambling also may have been outlawed by the Empire so it just died because of that.

:duel::lsduel:

I have a different idea: Podracing my have been outlawed by the Empire. Any sort of sport may have been outlawed, primarily because the Empire didn't want anyone having fun.

Just my 2 cents.

:)

• 2 months later...

Archived