Home

american idiol

memphis

Originally posted by memphis

In the show american idol, do you think that simon is being mean to make the show more intresting or is that his personality?

Probably a little bit of both. There seems to be a trend, especially with British TV hosts (remember Weakest Link?) to insult contestants. It's obvious that the producers of this show (which I haven't seen either) grabbed him for this exact purpose.

The question I have is why anybody would willingly volunteer to get up in front of this guy now that they know what his purpose is. Are people really THAT driven to be a "Star" that they'll risk national public humiliation? Scary.

I agree with you on that, I know i would not want to do that.

For all you people who dont know what american idiol is, it is a show wear singings go and tryout to be the best singer in america. There are three judges and one of them is very mean. So my question is based on that one guy named simon:fett:

Sorry for anyone who does not know what i am talking about.

Originally posted by edlib

Probably a little bit of both. There seems to be a trend, especially with British TV hosts (remember Weakest Link?) to insult contestants. It's obvious that the producers of this show (which I haven't seen either) grabbed him for this exact purpose.

The question I have is why anybody would willingly volunteer to get up in front of this guy now that they know what his purpose is. Are people really THAT driven to be a "Star" that they'll risk national public humiliation? Scary.

It's scary but these people do actually think they can sing. You can see a few people up there who are just there for laughs. But others really believe they can sing. It's sad(and funny).

I do think Simon is extra mean for the cameras. This show is making him rich. He created and produces this show. If he wasn't rich before...

Originally posted by memphis

aDid you see the first show when the girl that looked like maria carey wen't up there and couldn't sing. simon gave her a hard time!!! that was so funny when they said to go to your music teacher and get a refound.:fett:

I was p'd off about that girl. They built her up like she could sing. Then she got in there and sucked. That was funny. She thought she was Mariah. :lol:

Archived