Home

I've joined up and everything..

Pnut_Man

Ya, i've been in The Associates for about a week now...I was wondering if there was anything expected of me before the release of the game. Sure i'd like to get to know some of you better, but my RL gets in the way alot. Anyway, is there anything I'm required to do to stay in The Associates?

Thanks.

Since some of you may not know what i'm planning on doing ingame :

Name of character: Jag Zanarkan, human male age 19 (I myself am 14 but I'll try my best to roleplay as an older person ;))

Occupation: Smuggler or Spy (not entirely sure yet, I have to wait til release to decide)

Ya so...blah..I'm happy to be here :)

Originally posted by Lord_Vessen

If you decide to be a warrior you will be under Setsuko.

*turns around on her stool in the cantina*

Yes, that would be me. Sorry I couldn't greet you earlier, we had a... well... minor situation at an outpost not far from here. Damn pirates harrassing people again *sigh*. Anyway, that's taken care of now, so why don't you pull out a stool and settle down? Hey, let's make a deal: you buy the next round, and I'll give you the scoop on us Associates. Deal? Heh, I knew you'd listen to reason.

*sip*

Okay, here's the deal. Yes, you are new in town. Most people here has known each other for a while. Some, even a year or two. So, get a used to be 'the new kid in class' for a while. Hey! Calm down, it wasn't meant like an insult, just advise: listen well to what the other members says. And now and then, say something thoughtful yourself. Or something that makes us laugh. And suddenly, it'll be like you were along all the way. Now, can you handle that blaster by your side, or should I look for someone else to join me for my weekly recon to the western woods?

(yes, I'll try to do a bit more RP (a bit more? Ok. I'll try to do some RP) from now on, since the release is not that far away, and we'll play on a RP server. You're free to join me if you like it and find it useful for figuring out your character, or you can just avoid me like a plague. ;) And the last thing was about if you'll join the armed forces or not, the =A='s combatant wing.)

Wheeelcome! I think you'll enjoy the associates, every1 here is friendly and full of warm fuzzy feelings ;)

Heh, about the RP-thing. I keep saying to myself and others that I'll be RP'ing my character. But uhhhmm, I don't have any RP'ing experience! :D Those first few weeks of gaming will be hard 4 me.

Zendjir: quick hints: think of yourself speeking through your vision of you character. See in your mind a picture of him/her opening and closing his/her mouth, instead of yourself. And try, try, to lose the numbers in your speak. Keep your language appropriate to the situation: think of yourself. Do you speak and act exactly the same way at work/in school as when you are with only your parents? Or with your friends in a bar? Or if you are shopping? Propably not. And neither does your character. These are little hints, but it's all about making your character as believable as possibly. And that requires a bit of training, and concentration, not starting to talk about Superbowl when you are mining durasteel alloys.

One thing that really, REALLY helps, is if you know your character. That's the beginning and end of roleplaying. The rest is just making it flashier. Good luck! And if you have troubles, just gimme a shout, and I'll give you some pointers. :)

Varan gets up from his corner booth and walks over to Pnut

Rules? We don't have many rules yet. I'm Varan Gaagii, and Wraith and I are the leaders, so if we do make any commands you'll need to follow those. Also, as was said if you're a warrior you'll be under Setsuko's command. I myself am the head bounty hunter, so if you follow that path you'll be under my command. No matter what path you choose, however, you, and everyone else, are under Wraith and my own authority. Once we reach release there will be rules made in order to keep the group in order, but for now just stay active and you'll do fine. Don't, and no one will trust you. We've got a good group here, but alot of what we have runs on trust. If you can't be trusted, well, you're likely to not get as many benefits. While you're in the buying mood, why not buy me a round and start our relationship on a good foot, eh? Thanks. Oh, and welcome.

Varan walks back into his corner and sits in the shadows.

• 2 weeks later...

setsuko observes the situation for a while, and then slaps Wraith 8 gently in the back of his head

Hey guys, cool off! At least he bought me a beer, that's what counts around here, right? *smiles*

Anyway, I still got a place to be filled for that patrol, are you in or out?

*turns around and raise an eyebrow*

Nice ass, huh? *smirks*

Watch him scatter like a cockroach. They all do. *sigh*. Now, is there anyone with a fullgrown spine who'll accompany me, or not? Yes, I know those patrols can end up with a 30-minute hike without action, but it has to be done, I heard one of our miners might be stuck out there.

At least you'll have a "nice ass" to look at, since I doubt anyone in this bar can keep up the pace for long *loads a clip into her blaster*

So, you stopped running, ey? Good. Oh, and Corzip, did you remeber to secure some termal detonators for me? No? Damn... I'm all out.

Sure, a dewback would make this easier. I'm all tooled up *'cept for the detonators, grumblegrumble*. Heading out in ten minutes, anyone interested grab their stuff quickly. I got a report from the explorers that there's bad weather brewing, so let's get this show on the road quickly. Oh, and save me that seat, will'ya, swediot?

*looks around*

Sure, go ahead. I don't see any others joining up right now, so we might as well head off. I'll go fetch the dewback, and ask Black dove if he found any pet for me yet. I won't go for that slimy thing he seemed to have fished out of a swamp last week. Reeked, it did. Ew.

Archived