Home

Remake of Mi1

Neo-Redcoat

I've said it before. I'd like to see MI done up a little. Ideally, new graphics and music. Preferably the CMI "animated cartoon look" As far as I can recall, at no point did MI 1 have a laugh at the expense of it's pixelly graphics, so more or less everything should survive intact. Preferably, the game should remain completely untouched in every other way, including everything right down to the t®oll bridge.

However, I'd also like to see a CMI style "Mega Monkey" difficulty level with new puzzles for any MI vet's working their way through the game :)

Heh, maybe they could release revamped versions of it and MI2 as a compilation on PS2 and call it

"The Origins Of Monkey Island"

i am also going to have to agree with thrik. the mi graphics are what makes mi1&2 monkey islandish. teh CMI style was fine for CMI, but i can't reallsy see mi1 and 2 any different than what theyare. although i'd love to here dominic armato say some of the stuff in mi1 and 2, voices just wouldn't fit.

I think they should make a new, windows compatible version. They can keep the old graphics but they should ad voices. Not that I found it hard to read but it would be cool with voices. but a complete change in graphics would make it seem different. Unless they are CMI style, check out http://www.worldofmi.com there is a link to the guy who did CMI backrounds site on there. It has a picture of meele Island outside the scumm bar in CMI graphics, and it looks cool.

I like to see the same graphics but at a higher resolution... keeping totally with the original Steve Purcell style. That wouldn't be too hard to do ourselves with people like Dan Lee around!

For those who like the original: Keep playing the original, but why not have more of a choice? I'd LOVE to see a "super" version done WELL.

~ Johnny

Originally posted by RemiO

Or just go here.

[califonian surfer voice] ahaha dude! that it like, so cool![/]

i know it's nothing like it, but one of my favotie backgrounds in The Secret of Monkey Island get the Neil joshi treatment. tell me what you think?

Ghost Ship

of course for obvious reasons, i'm not suggesting this a a means of replacement if mi1 was redone, i would much prefer the mi1 graphics at a higher resolution, or CMI graphics.[

I'll just state now without trying to flame to much that this is a real crap idea, sorry but no one should be allowed to touch mi1/2 as they are real classics and should be preserved.

We already don't have much to cherish MI wise, what with the last game being a bit of a let down.

I agree with most, the CMI graphics should be used exept they should re-do guybrush. I always thought of himn as a kind of short guy but in CMI he's too tall.

I like old Guybrush, but he should be re-drawn to suit CMI graphics, which should also not be as cartoony. So its a mix of the two games

:guybrush:

Mind you the MI2 Guybrush model in CMI did look really cool. But SMI should make him look a but more young.

Originally posted by Brodin

Never heard of this game but looks pretty crazy. lol.

yes, there are people out there like that. a very large number of people actually. if you were to count ten of my friends, you would find that only one of us have ever played the games and another one has heard of it. the rest are oblivious to it's awsomeness. so bascially, don't get mad at him for not of hearing about it. although it was kinda stupid to come here saying that.

anyway, back to the topic.

Lost welshman, i agree with you slightly. i think that maybe we should have a mix of the two (guybrush from MI2 onwards should always have a beard!), not too cartoony, but not too pixely. frankley, if they could make te closeups of guybrush we saw in mi1 a little more cartoony, i think we'd be close to what we want. in fact, that gives me an idea. :D

and GregD, thunderpeel was right, it's not as if it'll spoil the game, it's would be just an experiment and also a way of getting more people into monkey island. but if they did do this and you didn't like it,don't play it, just play your old version. problem solved.

yea soz i over-reacted

I agree with most, the CMI graphics should be used exept they should re-do guybrush. I always thought of himn as a kind of short guy but in CMI he's too tall.

Ive always thought that.. in E.M.I they would have had him perfect if they had taken more time on it...

It shoud be C.M.I graphics but guybrush drawn differently...

Archived