Home

System Requirements

jordie8472

I know that I'll have specs to play the game probably with high detail and all- but my guess is a P3 500mhz or around there. Just look at the specs of other games that are coming out now and it'll probably be around that. That's my best guess.

Also, you may want lots of RAM and a new vid. card.

I remember hearing that there was a beta tester that was running the game on 56 k.

Poor bastard.......:D

Now that I have cable, I'm taking a more serious look at this game. Though I'm not sure when I'll play it with my other choice of game coming out around the same time. :) I'll be looking at it swg, that's for sure. :)

Believe me, i've been on 56k since we moved to the house we are presently in! It sucks, i went from BB to 56k- Ughhh!!!

Although, when I played EQ, my friend who was on a BB had trouble and lots of lag in East Commons where I, on 56k, didn't have a problem at all. I've really never encountered problems with 56k just longer download times and loading times, although when this game is released, I'll go to a friends house and plug into his network so i can download the patch.

Well, basically, when most people hear the word lag they automatically think Bad Connection. :)

Althought that may be the case, it is not the only thing that can cause lag.

Not having a good enough computer, or a good grafics card can cause lag. Another thing that can cause lag is low memory (RAM).

If you don't have enough memory to run the game, you will experience lag. I do, in EQ, and it's not because I have a bad connection. It's because I'm missing around 30MB (minimum, should have even more really) of RAM at my current visual setting. :D

There are other things to that can cause lag besides those I've mentioned, but look into your friends available memory first, then go from there. :)

I have noticed that since I upgraded my memory and graphics card, my ping rate has dramatically lowered. I now average around 65 and have gone as low as 15. The highest I have seen since the upgrade was a 117, but that was someplace in Hungary so I can only imagine the distance had something to do with it.

Archived