Home

Becomming "one with the Force"

Echuu  Shen-Jon

Ah this subject has been brought up over in our Episode 3 Spoiler section. I myself believe (and have also heard from numerous sources) that the force itself was in a relatively weak state during the time of the Old Republic. And I believe that "Blue Ghosts" are unknown to the Jedi until at least Episode 3..

I have had it explained, or placed as differences in how they believe in the force, but that mainly comes from reading the novelisations of TPM and AOTC, to which the TPM novel seems to place the different force "theories" together.

From the TPM novel, it seems to be explain a Living Force belief and a Unifying Force theory. Living force is best explained by what Qui-Gon has to say early in the movie, "concentrate on the here and now". It seems to be explained to be listening to every single ebb and flow in the force and reacting to that. The novel goes on to say that QGJ reacts to the Force feeling when he runs into Jar-Jar, whereas Obi-Wan doesn't really follow that kind of Force belief, thinking it better to not take him along.

With this in mind, it is Qui-Gon that is surprised to be killed by Maul, not giving himself to the Force, so he doesn't really "fade" into the Force like the others.

The Unifying force theory seems to be explained by how Yoda and most of the others use it, as a tool to see longer in to the future, and doing their reaction to the force on a long term outlook on everything. Obi-Wan, and Anakin, give themselves to the Force, and are prepared to die for the better good of the Force. Obi-Wan waits to be killed, Vader redeems himself from the Dark Side, accepting that they will die, therefore it seems that the Force accepts them "back".

It's just what I have pieced together from the novels, forums and other bits and pieces, and I could be totally wrong....

I'm not so sure about the Living Force and Unifying Force, this would mean all the jedi that died on Geonosis were like Qui-Gon. I beleieve not, I mean it was clearly shown in ep1 that Qui-Gon had a way of thinking different from the others.

I think that a Jedi can live in a goastly form only if they accept thier death, but i think it also depens on thier mastery of the force, you see, all the jedi gosts were jedi masters...

Even if Obi-wan wasn't officially a jedi master when he died, i guess he still had a pretty good mastery of the force, probably one that would have granted him a rank of jedi master if the council still existed.

I guess you just have to be very powerful with the force, not necessarily be a jedi master.

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

Even if Obi-wan wasn't officially a jedi master when he died, i guess he still had a pretty good mastery of the force, probably one that would have granted him a rank of jedi master if the council still existed...

Yes, I think that's right!

All the theorys are pretty good!

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

then why did taun wee call him master jedi? and doesn't a jedi become a master when he takes on an apprentice? granted he was not ready by the end of epI, but my ep IV when he trained luke, i think he was a jedi master. IMO.:)

Master is a title, like being called Master Jones when you were a young boy...........

So far this unifying and living Force theories are the ones that have been placed inside official SW publications, so they are more believable, in the eyes of the SW universe than anything that you guys have to offer.

From that, we have to work out what they really mean, so go out and get the Episode 1 and 2 novels, to see what they have to say about it....

huh?

well anyway, didn't lucas or mcallum say that yoda was supposed to teach the remaining jedi how to do the "fading into the force." because by EpII yoda didn't even know how to do it because he was surprised to hear qui-gon's voice when anakin killed the tusken raiders.:)

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

huh?

well anyway, didn't lucas or mcallum say that yoda was supposed to teach the remaining jedi how to do the "fading into the force." because by EpII yoda didn't even know how to do it because he was surprised to hear qui-gon's voice when anakin killed the tusken raiders.:)

1. Maybe Lucas will tell us!

2. Yes, he looked quite surprised...Good point! *finding AOTC* :D

Actually, Yoda wasn't supposed to hear Qui-Gon's voice in Attack of the Clones...

In either the Star Wars insider, or on the official site or somewhere, I read that Qui-gon was originally supposed to appear to Yoda as a blue ghost, ala Obi-wan. Unfortunately, Liam Neeson got into a rather bad motorcycle accident about a month before he was supposed to film the scene, and it was ultimately left out of the movie. So instead, they spliced some sounds from The Phantom Menace to have Qui-gon talking "from beyond the grave". So even though Qui-gon's body didn't fade away, he was supposed to appear as a ghost. Thereby defunking the whole "body disappears = come back as a ghost" theory.

As for why Yoda's, Anakin's, and Obi-wan's bodies disappear, I too am going with the theory that they are much more accepting of death than the others. Yoda and Obi-wan particularly are very calm, almost meditative, right before they die. They almost seem to be trying to become one with the Force, anticipating it, waiting for it, accepting it. They're prepared for their deaths.

As opposed to suddenly getting a Lightsabre thrust through your chest ...

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

Actually, Yoda wasn't supposed to hear Qui-Gon's voice in Attack of the Clones...

Qui-gon was originally supposed to appear to Yoda as a blue ghost, ala Obi-wan. Unfortunately, Liam Neeson got into a rather bad motorcycle accident about a month before he was supposed to film the scene, and it was ultimately left out of the movie. So instead, they spliced some sounds from The Phantom Menace to have Qui-gon talking "from beyond the grave". So even though Qui-gon's body didn't fade away, he was supposed to appear as a ghost. Thereby defunking the whole "body disappears = come back as a ghost" theory.

Wow, I didn't know that. Cheers.

Archived