Home

What in Want in JK3 Multi

DemonKing

There's like 15.000 posts on this board about what we want in JK III. Now that they announced it's coming, I expected to see new threads on the issue.

But please, there's no point in everyone making their own thread and saying: "I want to play Chewie with a purple lightsaber!" :rolleyes:

Let's try to keep the discussion in those 50 threads we already have. Otherwise it'll get too messy. :)

(I like your idea...though I doubt Jedi's fit too well in it. It would have to be no force or sabers.)

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), since they are 60-70% finished, you can bet that all the content they are going to add has already been planned out and scheduled for. So spamming the boards (I don't mean you DemonKing :) ) with what we want in the game is a waste of time, since it won't be added at this point of the development cycle. As if Raven would come to these boards to get input anyway...

Can't disagree with you there wassup. Fanboys damaged JK2 enough. Let them all burn in ****. Sadly, Raven can't control whether that happens or not, but do something to keep them from happening.

They probably know what we want by now. They view these forums and we have things repeated over and over again.

Now for one of the most talked about and agreed on suggestions

WARNING: THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL

NO NERFING. Especially sabers. If something can decapitate you if you trip and fall on it (while it's on), if someone swings it at you and hits you, most likely your dead. None of this 50 hits to kill with some guns.

i'd like to see a stat menu, kinda like in black hawk down. where it keeps tracks of your kills and maybe stuff like duels won, snipes, etc. it be kinda cool to see where you rank among all the players, but that would mean creating something like novaworld (which i'm not sure how it works exactly). but then again like prime said it is 60% - 70% done, all i'm hopin now is that it comes out sooner than fall.

• 3 weeks later...

i was wondering if anyone has played freelancer multiplayer. I think that be kinda cool for jedi academy. to have a new game type where it is sorta continuation of the single player. it will have random missions created which players can choose which ones to accept. and through the missions the players will gain experience so that they can gain more weapons and force powers. also a player can only carry certain # of weapons so sacrifices will be made. also players will be able to be on "teams" with other players and choose to do missions together. i think this be cool and maybe the server or player's personal computer will keep the stats and progress.

Originally posted by master_thomas

Can't disagree with you there wassup. Fanboys damaged JK2 enough. Let them all burn in ****. Sadly, Raven can't control whether that happens or not, but do something to keep them from happening.

They probably know what we want by now. They view these forums and we have things repeated over and over again.

Now for one of the most talked about and agreed on suggestions

WARNING: THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL

NO NERFING. Especially sabers. If something can decapitate you if you trip and fall on it (while it's on), if someone swings it at you and hits you, most likely your dead. None of this 50 hits to kill with some guns.

i agree totally with this unoriginal ;) statement

its an adapt or die type thing

the problem in this case was that it wasnt the ppl that adapted it was the game

fine there were some bugs that should have been fixed but thats it

but yeah they should know what we want by now...if weve actually made up our minds by now that is

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), since they are 60-70% finished, you can bet that all the content they are going to add has already been planned out and scheduled for. So spamming the boards (I don't mean you DemonKing ) with what we want in the game is a waste of time, since it won't be added at this point of the development cycle. As if Raven would come to these boards to get input anyway...

I agree its probibly useless... but its still a good idea to talk about it becasue it at least puts peoples desires on record...

as for my wants, I want the Bots to act allmost any way differntly then they did in JK2.

And the function for the host to choose which powers are open or not. I would not disargre to extending that limiting to weapons avalible as well.

I like the objective based multiplyer as well.

Originally posted by master_thomas

NO NERFING. Especially sabers.

Absolutely, I hate hitting people with my lightsaber and having them say, "Hey! Stop that!"

Hitting someone with their saber down should be a one hit kill, for crying out loud!

I'm sure all of the traditional MP modes will be supported...but I really hope they take a large leap forward in terms of creativity for other MP modes out of the box. I'd love to see something lik eDemonKing originally suggested...having the ability to play proper sides with all that it entails, from appearance to equipment and maybe different abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Again, it comes down to offering the players enough choices and flexibility to become creative themselves in the way they play, both online and offline.

For example, a Random Mission Generator, complete with the tools to enable you to set up your own perimeted defences/turrets/etc... could go a long way to improving MP scenarios and resulting gameplay.

Archived