Home

Loom 2: Forge

I know Loom is a brilliant game, and one of my favourites, but in the scheme of things it isn't very highly regarded. It would be odd for them to ressurect it now.

Anyway, any information anyone had on this would surely have been brought to light by now, we've been talking about this on and off for ages.

Actually, though I hate to keep going on about it, the magic wind-waking wand in Zelda is a bit like Bobbins distaff - you make tunes, and they make things happen. For example, you play up, left, right on the c-stick and you can change the direction of the wind. Right, left, down makes the time of day change. Loom wouldn't be so different. Example: left, up, down, up could be the dye draft.

Originally posted by guybrush guy

...should be a remake of the original...

Huh? They already made a version with better graphics and voices.

A new game should really be just that. I have to confess that the idea of using another guild didn't occur to me. I always thought 'either sequel or prequel'. But what they may have done with Forge is somewhat like Half-Life: Opposing Force or Blue Shift. Re-use some locations, have cameos... sounds cool.

YAY! I found some info on Loom 2: Forge. Its not much but is more then I had before.

"Unfortunately, the sequel Forge never materialized. Brian stated regarding a

Loom sequel that they didn't find the mass audience they suspected

out there by making games easier and needed to make the games harder again towin back the hardcore gamers they lost."

Sean (and Mike?) were working on Forge but were re-assigned to Sam & Max. That's what finally killed off Forge I think.

It was another story in the Loom universe that centered around one of the blacksmiths (not starring Bobbin). Don't know if it was set before or after Loom though.

Archived