Home

What do you want answered at E3?

ZeroXcape

Guest Krayt Tion
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Wow, you've really become cynical and bitter in your old forum-age, haven't you Krayt :D

Can't really say I disagree with you much on most of your points, though, even if I would have put it a little bit more diplomatically...:D

You called me on it correctly. Cynical, yes, bitter, yes, undiplomatic, yes. If I had the superspectularl337 points I would change my title to "disgruntled gamer."

My post was more of a vent than constructive criticism I actually expected to get answered. Probably shouldn't have said anything at all. :eek:

Oh well. Raven likely will not be grilled the real problem areas of JO anyways.

Guest Jolts

- will there be an option for servers to ban people with clan names? like ban *"-=l337h4x0rd00dc7an=-"

I'd like to know exactly how many different missions there will be, and exactly how SP will work. Will we eventually have to play through all the levels to beat the game, simply choosing the order? Will we have to complete a certain number of levels ( let's say 13) before we reach a decisive conclusion, with a possible, say 26 or so levels? If we go darkside, will we get to maybe join the bad guys and play missions? How many different races will there be? Will our character always speak Basic (the native language of the player)? Will force allotments or lack thereof affect the missions available? Will players be forced to use a certain numbers of Force powers (ie not saving them up, but maybe having tro use them right away)?

I sent these questions to Swoosh & Metallus, but here they are again. ; )

Jedi Academy Questions:

Will there be true Class Based multiplayer in JA (ex: Mysteries of the Sith, Team Fortress)? If so, describe it...

Will there be Co-op multiplayer in JA (ex: Serious Sam)? If not, will this be added at a later time?

Will any of the content from JA be backwards compatible with Jedi Outcast (ie: maps, skins, editing tools)?

Will Kyle Katarn be an NPC "ally" in much the same way that Luke, Lando, Jan were in Jedi Outcast?

Will we see any innovative Multiplayer modes like the objective based Assault (Unreal Tournament) or Protect the Queen (from the ill-fated Obi-Wan... similar to Assasination in Rainbow 6) or just the standard modes from Jedi Outcast?

Will we finally get lots of star wars based skins from the previous games and the movies as we did in Mysteries of the Sith?

Also, I'm sure Vagabond wonders if the joystick support for JA will be better than JO's. ; )

Best of luck tomorrow!

The quotes were taken from JA game feature in official site:

Unique tiered level selection allows players to choose their adventure and the missions they take based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight.

How unique and robust would it be? And how selective will the missions be?

New vehicles, weapons and Star Wars environments enhance players Star Wars experience.

Are players going to be able to own vehicle or they're mission specific only?

How varied will the environments be? How many different SW locales will be in JA?

fight for good and freedom in the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side

How does the game handle the variation between light jedi and dark jedi in terms of missions, interaction with environment as well as NPCs, in terms of vehicle usage?

First off will multiplayer be dominated by gunners like in JO or will Jedis have there place in multiplayer being able to fight gunners in an even match of skill, if so how will you do this without implementing a class based mode?

How many moves are there in total?

What sort of vehicles will we see? only a select few, or many?

How many force powers are there in total?

MattJedi, don't make that assumption, you have no idea what the game will be like in the end.

Someone MUST ask about singleplayer editing. The lack of good mod support in singleplayer was dissapointing. More externalized data like SoF2 has would be excellent.

I'm curious as to know if their will be any advantage in using the single sabre in duels. It was stated that the drawback for the staff and having two sabres was not being able to use force powers which required your hands. However in duels force is disabled. :confused:

I just hope they get the balancing for each style right :cool:

Originally posted by HertogJan

Well... Any news from the E3?? Did you guys ask some of our questions, and more important, what answers did they give?? :D

You might try looking here for ZeroXcape's Impressions of the game. :D I'm sure there will be more detailed information to follow.

Anyway, that little article seems to confirm no co-op in SP...but the new MP mode sounds like it could be really good.

No throwing of the dual-staff? Oh well, you can't have everything, I guess. :(

BTW...I recommend that everyone checks the Jedi Knight II News on a regular basis. ;)

A few E3 wrap-ups should be forthcoming in the next few days (so I hear), and since E3 has been over for four days, I think its probably safe to unstick this thread.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, and thanks to Met, Zero, Swoosh, and the rest of the guys who went to E3 and reported!

Hopefully your questions got asked/answered...

Archived