Home

Whos up to a fight against...

TheDeathBringer

I wanna know who here is really gonna jump a jedi if he pulls a lightsaber out and kills a dude in town for telling him he's a loser..

I mean I here all these people on swg's website saying there going to jump a jedi on sight but seriously who is really gonna try and kill one?

Why not make a friend of them and call them up when you need help or asking for there wisdom...

I'm just wondering because I hear all these people telling jedi to watch out.. You know what I think, I think that the jedi sould be telling them to watch out :p

Anyways any opions are welcome...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the people that say they are going to "jump a jedi" are the same people that think Jawa's and Ewoks should be a playable race ;) Either that or they are the people that are already in JEDI ONLY PA's. :rolleyes:

You're really going to earn a lot of points on this post. There are so many opinions out on this that it's going to be crazy.

My opinion is exactly what you said. I'd rather make friends with the Jedi than kill them, but it all depends on how I will play my character. I'm def. going to RP and if my character likes Jedi or the thought/myth of Jedi then he'll be more of a sympathizer (sp?) The reason so many people are hostile towards Jedi is because at this point in the Saga, Jedi are seen as evil. Sidious and Vader erradicated all Jedi and people will assume that if they know a jedi or what not that Sidious and Vader will come kill them. So they are kind of a bad omen in the eyes of most people. I have more to say but I'm just going to have to think about how to phrase how I want to say it.

I think it will be done a lot. Why? Because of the prestige. The devs has stated that jedi will be more powerful than the other professions. And they surely will be. So, if you beat the best, that must make you better, right? Also, there's the prospect that the jedi is weak. Mind you, a lot of people think "oh, a jedi will automatically kill anyone and their army", but force sensitive characters will start out weak, just like all other characters. If you are lucky, you jumped the 'right one', and get bragging rights. If you jump the wrong one, well, then it's no biggie, as long as you recently visited a cloning facility. "Oooh, but jedi will own everyone!", you say? Yes, perhaps a well trained jedi knight will. But then, a small part of the jedi out there will be well trained jedi knights. The rest will be people who pulls out their lightsaber too often, and thereby have to remake their character twice a month.

Also, it is a golden opportunity for people who thinks that there isn't enough PvP in the game. You don't have to challange him/her, you don't have to be aligned to a faction or anything; just sneak up, and hit the jedi with a mallet.

I agree with both UCL and set. If I saw a Jedi on the street smite some guy, I'd probably keep my distance. If possible I'd approach him at a later date, and maybe try to become allies with him. If he's the kind of person who looses his temper that easily, though, I probably wont like him very much. If anybody asks about Jedi, and offers a good price, I'd probably tell about him (unless, of course, he was a friend.)

Originally posted by Soromonu

I plan on being overt BH for Empire...if there is a posted bounty on any/all Jedi I sure am gonna try to take the guy/gal down...if I lose d'oh well..I'll see them again later

That's the spirit! Gheghe...:D

As a weaponsmith, I'm gonna make the ultimate weapon to kill a Jedi. Whatever the hell that may be...:p

I would actually try and help the Jediand make friends with it. Yu never know what the perks of being a Jedi's friend are. For all you know, hanging around with a jedi will make you Force Sensitive! :eek:*

If Jedi are gonna be uber powerful, there's another reason to befriend a Jedi. If you Jumped a Jedi, I'm sure they'd be able to Force Push* you against the wall or just whip out the saber and cut you in half.

*Speculation

Originally posted by Soromonu

I plan on being overt BH for Empire...if there is a posted bounty on any/all Jedi I sure am gonna try to take the guy/gal down...if I lose d'oh well..I'll see them again later

I thought BH's wern't associated with any faction.

It depends on who a jedi would kill in the street, if it was my pal I would at least try to get a small peice of him, but if it was someone I didn't know then I would keep my distance. I think I don't think I will befriend a jedi but i certantly wouldn't become enemys with im/her

Personally, I would, beyond any shred of doubt, attack a Jedi if I could. "Why" you ask? Answer: for the unbelievable pleasure of seeing a Jedi, for lack of better terms, Royaly PWN someone; even if that someone happens to be me. With such small odds of ever meeting a Jedi, I think any one of you would make the same decision.

Originally posted by Xodus316

I'd run a distance away, get out my rifle, and take him out commando style when his back is turned!

I'll be the exact opposite of Xodus, up on a rise, plucking down jedi-haters from range, unseen, unknown. So watch out Xodus, our rifles may find each other across the distance over a small skirmish. Hehe, sounds cool.

Befriending a Jedi would be sweet...but I will love the day if it ever happens of seeing a person in a robe, and then seeing Vader smash them! If I see only one cool thing in the game let it be that.

Cruel? Yeah...but then again I'm one of those people who might try and get a force-sensitive character...yeah yeah...what'd ya expect? :D

Originally posted by setsuko

No, they are not by default, just like any other profession. You can still be a BH in the rebel faction, or the imperial faction.

However, joining a faction will cut down on your available bounty missions you can take on I would presume.

If you are rebel, you can't take bounty missions on other rebels, only neutrals and imperials.

If you are imperial, you can't take bounty missions on other imperials, only neutrals and rebels.

But if you are neutral, you can take missions for bounties on rebels, imperials, and neutrals. ;)

I have too seen a lot of people that want ot be a bounty hunter, but I dont think many people will have that much dedication to being one. For one thing they have to be master in both Marksman and Scouting. So you probably wont see that many, since it will be kinda hard to attain. Second of all I dont think too many will be going after Jedi's, Unless you are on a bounty from the IMperials to hunt one, or you are some person that just wants to ruin the game for another person trying for Jedi Master. Those are people that are not true role players and are just here to ruin the experience for others in SWG

Cadam11:

Personally, I don't think the idea of killing jedi is 'non-RP', because indeed, it fits really good in the Star Wars athmosphere at the time. People were out there, preventing potential jedi masters to reach their goal. And so there should be in SWG.

On the contrary, it would be non-anachronistic if there were no one threatinging would-be jedi. That would be far more unrealistic in the world of Star Wars.

Archived