• Be an ARTISAN
    • Be a MERCENARY
    • Be a SHOP KEEPER
    • Be a BRAWLER
    • Be a SMUGGLER
    • Be a ENTERTAINER
    • OTHER......

Originally posted by Sunshine Badass

I prefer White-Wolf games over D&D... much more.:D I like the system they use. It seems more realistic and applicable.

To drive... lets see here... hmm... to drive... drive... I HAVE IT!!!

Please roll Dex+Drive... NO! no... NO!!! NOT Int+Computers, you stoopid.:rolleyes:

I must agree. The White Wolf D10 system is the best. The old and new D20 system are too random. The WEG D6 system was far too outrageous once you surpassed 6D in any skill. D10 just feels right for some reason.

Originally posted by setsuko

The WoD system is neat, yes. Soon, I'll start the Giovanni Chronicles, nice to be back in the medieval mood... too bad they won't let me be a mongol Anda Gangrel! :p

I know the feeling, ever since they discreditted the Black Hand book, no one will let me play a True Brujah anymore. :'(

I gues I'll just have to settle for a Brujah then.

Originally posted by DirtyWombat

My goals for SWG:

"A Wombat's Guide to the Best Cantinas in the Galaxy"

:D

Oh yeah...

And I guess I want to be a rifleman/artisan too...

Wombat

Well only one catina will be the best. The Sweediot =A= Catina, ran by the =A= owned by sweediot. :p

I cant believe Set said that DnD was the worst rules system ever made. I dont think I have ever had as much fun playing a "game" as I did playing DnD. I never did play this WHitewolf but I can remember playing 8 hours straight of DnD and never complain about the rules system. The higher level the lower your Thaco goes and then it got the easier it was to hit things, better armor help your AC class. Where is that bad rules in this. ohh well Everyone has their opinions.

Okay Here is a brief run down of the various rules systems:

D6 : Your skill is measured in Dice and Pips. Example 3D+2. You pay to raise it by the pip, three pips equals one die. Roll the number of die and add it to the pips, that is your skill roll. Measure that against the difficulty rating (0-5 is very easy, 6-10 is easy, 11-20 is moderate, 21-25 is difficult, 26-30 is very difficult and 31 and higher is heroic.) So if you rolled three dice and each came up five and you had two pips, that would be a total of 17, a moderate success.

Old D20 : Roll a D20, add your skill bonus and pray it's high enough to get the difficulty or higher than your thaco +- their AC. If your thaco were 10 and they had -5 AC, you would need a 15 to hit them. Now, rifle through your dice for the appropriate damage dealing dice and....what do you mean you only have one?

New D20 : Nearly the same system as above, but Thaco has been removed, and the system highly modified depending on the game. I can't even begin to explain it here.

D10 : Each skill and attribute has a 'dot' rating. Say you wanted to drive, as described above. You would take the appropriate Attribute (Dex) and the appropriate skil (Driving), add their dot rating together and grab that many D10's. Now, the story teller gives you a target number, between 2 and 10. Roll all of your D10's. The ST can request a certain number of successes depending on how difficult the action is. Focus is placed more on the story and the ingenuity of the player rather on dice rolling. Okay, so you roll you Dex of 4 and your Drive of 2. You get a 9, 5, 6, 8, 2, 3 against a target number of 4 (easy task). FOur successes. You drive rather impressively. ;)

I didn't want to open a new thread on this.

Vessen, I too will be a teras kasi artist. I'd like to be a master ranger and a master teras kasi artist. Simply put, monks are amazing! I always play monks in RPG's.

Wow two people on these boards will be Teras Kasi!!! Well I'm kind of taking your path Cave, I'm going rifleman/teras kasi though. I can be lethal up front and from a far.

I am going to be a gun smith and sell the weapons I make at a little shop that I will own. You know, I will live the average life for a while and stay neutral. Then after a couple months I'll make choices that will change my way of living in the galaxies.

Archived