Home

Matrix Reloaded: Reviewed (err... kinda)

Boba Rhett

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow I get the Feeling that the twins won't be back, because Morpheus seemed to know what to do to kill them (shooting the car to make it explode, and kill them in the process since they couldn't die by any man-made object. Kind of like how the vampires could have been dangerous, but Persophene, used her silver bullets to take care of the one right off the bat(no pun intended).

Originally posted by Andy867

Actually, I don't think that the Oracle is a deleted program, since that french guy said now since you are good at following orders, here is one from me. Go back to the Fortuneteller and tell that her time is almost up. which means she is still active in the system, just un hiding because of the enemies. But I do believe when the Architect said that she would be its mother, I do think he was talking about the oracle, because like he said, the other 99% of test subjects just accepted the programming that way it was, but she was different, and helped make it different.

The architecht said that she WASNT it's mother. When He talks about the mother Neo says "The Oracle" and the architecht says "oh please" Insinuating that he wasn't talking about the Oracle. She IS a deleted program, because not-deleted programs can't be seen or noticed. Being deleted but choosing to remain in exile leaves you in the matrix, looking like a person, but then if the deleted program is killed, they're destroyed.

Originally posted by HertogJan

Yeah but it's too bad you don't know anything about them :( They're much cooler than Merovingian and his vampire bull**** :mad:

Actually, I think Merovinigan was one of the high points of the movie.

I love this line (regarding cursing in French) :

"It's like wiping your ass with silk".

Actually, ET, I believe the Architect was scoffing at the name Oracle as a way of describing the "mother of the matrix." I say that because in my latest research, I uncovered an article about the Secrets of the New Matrix in which Time Magazine writes and I quote,

"Watching the first film, skeptical viewers had to wonder: In a world where nothing was as it seemed, were Morpheus and his band the only realists, or were they the victims of a monstrous delusion? The Architect tells Neo he is a dupe: a false hope that springs among the tiny group of rebels who believe in a superman, a One, as their salvation. The coming of Neo and his five predecessors—for this is the sixth version of The Matrix, the sixth revolt of Zion—was programmed by "the mother of The Matrix." The Oracle."

So as you can see, The Oracle is in fact the mother of the matrix. Remember, she said most programs that are doing their jobs are invisible and you wouldn't even know they were there. But just like the Architect, Neo was also able to see the Oracle because of her superiority.

Well in response to your post about them picking new people to rebuild Zion HertogJan i.e.

But it's still weird that the system WANTS a new Zion. Maybe because the rebels can show the weaknesses in the Matrix??

They need to have a Zion. It is the only place were the people that are going to reject the programming can go. If there was no Zion then they would lose entire crops again because they wouldn't need to reload the Matrix again. It is a necessity for the Matrix or else it will be to perfect and we all know what happened with the first Matrix.

as for funny lines ckcsaber I liked it when he was talking about cause and effect and he said I drank to much wine so now I must take a piss.

I also liked the way that Persophene and the Merovingian just talk back on each other. Such a lovely relationship wouldn't you say ;)

:lsduel::duel:

i watched it last night and whoa :eek:

its starting really hard to understand now.

and heres what i believe:

maybe the french dude is a previous one who like neo is unplugged and can control things. writing programs and maybe made the twins.

smith is an unplugged virus trying to take control over the matrix and sees neo as a big threat. thats why he goes to the real world (if it even exist)

neo and the rebels are merely objects to test the matrix. with evry rebuilding of the matrix less flaws are inserted.

zion is part of the matrix otherwise i dont see smith goin there and neo stoppin those sentinels.

Originally posted by Padanime

i watched it last night and whoa :eek:

maybe the french dude is a previous one who like neo is unplugged and can control things. writing programs and maybe made the twins.

I don't think so. The Oracle said it herself... he's a [old and very dangerous] program, not a previous "One."

smith is an unplugged virus trying to take control over the matrix and sees neo as a big threat. thats why he goes to the real world (if it even exist)

I don't think so here, either. Smith was an agent that disobeyed the rules of the system by not returning to the Source once he was destroyed. By doing that, he also was no longer bound by the rules applied to him as an Agent and thus could do other things (like make copies of himself).

neo and the rebels are merely objects to test the matrix. with evry rebuilding of the matrix less flaws are inserted.

zion is part of the matrix otherwise i dont see smith goin there and neo stoppin those sentinels.

There have been multiple "Matrix within a Matrix theories." None of them sound convincing to me. Here's what I think.

What they think is the Real World IS the Real World. Smith was able to get out because he inserted himself into the hardware that goes directly into Bane's brain. Remember that plug that goes into the back of their head used to enter the Matrix? That goes into their brain. When in the Matrix, Bane will look like Smith. But when outside the Matrix in the real world, Smith will look like Bane because it's not a virtual world. To me, this is also strong evidence that the Real World is not a second Matrix, because if it were, Bane would look like Smith outside as well.

Neo stopping the sentinels is harder to explain, but here goes my other theory: Neo is more "machine" than most other people that were plugged in (the Architect said something about a process yet Neo remains human, which is why some of his answers he would understand and some not... the "machine" part would be able to understand the Architect's answers). Perhaps some of Smith was imprinted onto Neo. Smith says it himself when they first meet... "You're aware of it? [What?] Our connection." In the first movie, the Agents were able to call on the Sentinels and communicate with them, so that's why he was able to stop the Sentinels in the Real World.

Originally posted by Eldritch

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Padanime

i watched it last night and whoa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think so. The Oracle said it herself... he's a [old and very dangerous] program, not a previous "One."

quote:

I don't think so here, either. Smith was an agent that disobeyed the rules of the system by not returning to the Source once he was destroyed. By doing that, he also was no longer bound by the rules applied to him as an Agent and thus could do other things (like make copies of himself).

quote:

There have been multiple "Matrix within a Matrix theories." None of them sound convincing to me. Here's what I think.

What they think is the Real World IS the Real World. Smith was able to get out because he inserted himself into the hardware that goes directly into Bane's brain. Remember that plug that goes into the back of their head used to enter the Matrix? That goes into their brain. When in the Matrix, Bane will look like Smith. But when outside the Matrix in the real world, Smith will look like Bane because it's not a virtual world. To me, this is also strong evidence that the Real World is not a second Matrix, because if it were, Bane would look like Smith outside as well.

Neo stopping the sentinels is harder to explain, but here goes my other theory: Neo is more "machine" than most other people that were plugged in (the Architect said something about a process yet Neo remains human, which is why some of his answers he would understand and some not... the "machine" part would be able to understand the Architect's answers). Perhaps some of Smith was imprinted onto Neo. Smith says it himself when they first meet... "You're aware of it? [What?] Our connection." In the first movie, the Agents were able to call on the Sentinels and communicate with them, so that's why he was able to stop the Sentinels in the Real World.

Thats awesome, very good! I agree totally!

Originally posted by Eldritch Neo stopping the sentinels is harder to explain, but here goes my other theory: Neo is more "machine" than most other people that were plugged in (the Architect said something about a process yet Neo remains human, which is why some of his answers he would understand and some not... the "machine" part would be able to understand the Architect's answers). Perhaps some of Smith was imprinted onto Neo. Smith says it himself when they first meet... "You're aware of it? [What?] Our connection." In the first movie, the Agents were able to call on the Sentinels and communicate with them, so that's why he was able to stop the Sentinels in the Real World. [/b]

Whoa that's the best theory I've heard!! Nice work :thumbsup:

Oh and I agree with you on the Bane part too, I never doubted that Bane was Smith, but in his real 'body' instead of Smith's :) That's why it was so odd that Neo could stop the sentinels...

But now I wanna know why he went in a coma :) Maybe it's like the coma he got in the first movie. When he comes out of this come, he's even more powerfull, whoaaa :D:)

thanks for clearin that up Eldritch

btw, werent you known aru-wen?

and thats a nice thought on neo stopping the sentinels in the real world :thumbsup:

Here's a post I made on another forums:

"The architect said something like "the 5 before you have done what has needed to be done but you are different, you are in love."

So assuming this that means that the previous 5 neo's reset the matrix by destroying the dummy machine mainframe, fundamentally resetting the matrix again. Sort of like a feedback loop. That's what I think. But the Neo of NOW is starting to see that the "real world," is in fact another matrix. You notice at the end he says to Trinity that he "feels something." and then knocks out the Sentinals. This is how I know he's starting to realize that he's in a matrix within a matrix. Don't know how the love interest changes this. Maybe because back in the hallway scene where Neo "dies," and Trinity revives him this causes the "anomoly," which is Agent Smith and this give's Neo the power to see the REAL MATRIX which is the "real world." I just guess the other 5 feedback loops Neo's didn't have Trinity there to alter his perception. Does this make any sense? lol...

Ok i'm confusing even myself but I think I said what I had to say."

This is my theory. Sorry don't know if this has been brought up already I skipped a few posts.

I agree 100% with Rhett. I've seen it twice (last night and today), and it rules. Those who didn't like it are just not intelligent enough to comprehend the high level of philosophic banter that went on.

Hey, I take exception to that. I got what he was saying, but after what felt like 20 minutes, I was like "Oh. Come. On" The architect just wouldn't shutup. And Morpheus's drawn out, overly-deliberate speech was starting to wear my patience too. The computer generated fight scenes were cool, but a little funny at the same time. And the fight scenes overall were a bit too long. And I like the fight scenes. I was just ready for the rest of the movie to get going.

Now having said that, I REALLY enjoyed the movie overall. It was very clever and the "revelation" about the history of The Matrix was almost like a kick in the stomach. "Nooooo!" I am so excited about the final chapter. It's cool that it will be out in November.

And even though the credits were forever long (a credit for some guys driver, come on!) the preview for the third is totally worth it.

Glad you guys like my theories. It's all just speculation until we actually see the 3rd and final movie, but I think it makes a lot of sense.

Hyperglide - I still hold that my theory is more probable, but that one's not bad either. I just think that a "Matrix within a Matrix" would be too obvious, and too easily disproven by current evidence.

XWING5 - Didn't mean to insult anyone, it was just meant as kind of a general statement. Personally I don't feel it was drawn out... I thought that the length was appropriate given the subject matter. A lesser amount of time with the Architect would've felt rushed.

Padanime - Yes, my old name was Aru-Wen. ;)

XWING5 - Didn't mean to insult anyone, it was just meant as kind of a general statement. Personally I don't feel it was drawn out... I thought that the length was appropriate given the subject matter. A lesser amount of time with the Architect would've felt rushed.

Good thing, I was about to have to break out the slow motion Matrix moves I learned from this last movie. ;)

Just kidding Eldritch!:p

iv been wondering about this the 1st time i saw the matrix (the 1st one)

When neo gets shot by smith. how dose he come back 2 life again, i no trinity kiss's him but i dont get how that helped.

and that guy when neo gets knocked into a coma , the guy who cut his hand and went to stab neo. is that a agent smith trying 2 kill neo in the *real world or what ever it is* becouse they cant do it in the matrix?

Archived