Home

BIU the movie script, should I send it in or trash it?

Father Torque

Should I send in the script or trash it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I send in the script or trash it?

• Hell yes!
    • It sounds stupid, get a life!

Hey guys, its Torque. Over the past few months 2 friends and I have been writing a book called BIU "Blow it up". It is a James Bond type book with loads of action. And since all of our fellow students love the book we have decided to write a script. Now we kind of have high hopes for it but we were thinking that we could copyright the script and send it to a production company, such as warner bros. I am not really a writer well I wrote a couple of chapters but I am the script writter and I am doing storyboarding. Do you thin kwe are going to far or do you think its a great idea.

I dont have the book with me now but I will post it later, its about 21 chapters long. Even though we arent too close to being done, we have planned all the events out in our head. So I will post it as soon as possible. And maybe I can scan some of my storyboarding. And maybe I can make my theme song available for listening. Well maybe Il wait until I hear your opinions. Wish me luck if we do send it.

Originally posted by munik

If you wrote it then you already have a copyright. All you have to do is be able to prove it's yours.

And the only way to do that is to get that little c with a circle around at the end of your movie name .See I could have the best script ever and send it in without that little c. Then they can take it and use it and not give me any credit. Which actually happens alot in the movie industry. The only bad thing is that you have to pay for an official copyright to be made:(

Well thanks for the feedback anyway munik:)

Originally posted by Father Torque

I like what I hear. Too bad I get it on the comp until tommarow. O well, I will send it but I will have you guys aprove it first:)

If the whole thing doesnt work out I bet me and my friends could make it ourselves:D Well maybe not.:p

I'm sure you could. I mean, it wouldn't be the best, but you can video tape it and all your friends and family can watch it. ;)

I'd say send it in. And to get the © all you gotta do is write it there. You're only going to need it if someone steals your work. In which case the easiest way to prove it's yours is to mail yourself a copy and keep the unopened package, maybe even have someone else sign it as a witness. If someone steals your work, you will have proof of when you wrote it.

Kevin Smith's guide to independent movie making.

1) Get a job where you answer the phone

2) Apply for many credit cards, list place of employment as the phone that you answer

3) Pretend to be someone else. Pretend that <your name> is your boss and that he makes $60,000+ a year

4) Spend on movie

He made Clerks for under $30,000, and look at how well that did...I'm sure you don't want to spend that much, but I'm sure you could take a note or two from the master of cheap film making.

Go 4 it Torque, ol' buddy!

*Does his best Rob Schneider impression.*

me:"Send it in, Torque. You can do it!"

And if no companies accept, take that video camera with you and start shootin' your own home movie! Or, you could use the ol' Jedi Outcast MP and some of us could be the cast of the film! :D

Hmmm, production companies, tough question........

I'd say either 20th Century Fox or Warner Brothers. Mostly 20th Century, but, erm, yeah......

Best of luck to you, Torque. Always 'cause you've been a good friend of mine since the good ol' days in the Clan Forums and such! Long live the Torque-in one!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Archived