Home

PA Armory

Damarius

If it is possible when we make the PA city it would prob be nice to have some sort of armory. That way we could store weapons or items for new characters or future use. I saw two problems with this:

1) New players could take all the weapons so the armory would need to be restricted to high lvl members. Sort of like how you can choose who has access to a house.

2) Not having enough gear. The gear could come from donaters that have risen in the ranks and no longer need there gear. As a benefit for donating so much gear maybe there could be an award.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX

I dont really like the idea of an armory. If there was an armory it should only be for the combat group. I guess maybe an emergency armory if our city was attack could be useful.

Well, i think we might supply groups with basic equitment. We will just have to wait and see. :)

Okay, once we get some money up I thought a little about the PA Hall, browsing through the FAQ I found that your allowed Basements. These could be used to hide th armoury or have meetings underground. That way we couldnt be spied on and it would be more secretive.

I can picture a load of troops in the basement grabbing weapons and gear. We would have to devise some kind of sign out though, unless we were going on a raid. You can have ingame message boards, correct? Maybe we can put a sign out sheet by the door...

I really like Jackrabbit's idea on this one. You can monitor who has what and possibly why just by clicking on the "sign out" sheet. The location would be important too, of the armory that is, and the basement idea is most pleasing. It's like a last resort. Say if you were under attack and things were looking bad you could retreat to the basement, which has the armory, get your weapons loaded for a classic ambush and hope for the best :D

I can see it now....

The =A= hall is almost deserted, and a rival PA sneaks up and breaks in from behind. An =A= guard spots them and ring the alarm, and the hidden snipers pop out of the wall niches and take out the attacking force... Make em' regret it :)

Hell yeah Dark Moon!

On the topic of building - I got thinking about planning a city.....do you think that meetings should be held to discuss placing buildings and organizing streets (I believe you can make signs). For instance someone in the PA is an architect or someone hires an architect and wants to place a building. Instead of him or her just placing it in a random location some discussing would be kosher because if the character decides some random place it could make the city look "bad" or just....strange...like Dark City (good movie)....lost...train....of though.......*falls over*

After all, Darko, you can move houses if things gets too cloggy. But yeah, having a couple of persons with a basic knowledge of aestetics and planning making sure that the town is not built in a haphazard and ugly way is a good idea. Having someone who gives the potential shopowner a few pointers where it would be stupid to place a house, so to say.

I'm good with those things...

"Sir, where should i put this house?"

"OVer there it's the perfect spot!"

"Why over by the dump?"

"well, for starters you can have all the space you need and no neighbors to bother you."

"But i'm a poeple person."

"of course you are.":rolleyes:

Just joking I really am good at architecture.

Yes, we could simply have a room where we put equipment that we have no further use of, that aging blaster that is not good enough for the expert carbineer might still be a lot better than the starting weapon for some starting player.

According to the Dev weapons can not be dropped on the ground. The only place to drop weapons is in a house. Other than that you can directly transfer them to a player, destroy them, or sell them to a merchant. I would much rather keep gear within our own PA if it's possible. Why let someone else benefit? So some sort of secure store house in my opinion would be helpful to the PA.

Archived