Home

solar eclipse!!

Kstar__2

yup, this morning, at sunrise, there was an almost total solar eclipse! :D :D

so i got up at 5 am, went to the most eastern part of town, and waited for the sun (or actually the eclipse) to come up. we didn't see it comming up, because of the clouds, but a minute or so later, we finaly saw a thin line of sun! this eclips was very special, because the moon was too far away from the earth to cover the sun up, this won't happen again for a century!!

i'm so glad i saw it:D :D

but it still couln't beat the solar exclipse of 1999, that was awesome!

miracam1.jpg

this was at the end of the eclips

just wanted to share this with you :p

anyway, have you ever seen an eclips?

That's a nice pic, there. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I caught the tail end of an eclipse last year. Nothing quite like movements in the heavens to inspire awe. ;):D

I watched that comet from my garden a few years back as well.

It all serves to remind me I'm an insiginifcant speck in the universe...

Hehe yeah this eclipse we could actually see here in the Netherlands, the one in 1999 was kinda dissapointing... My sister drove off to France to see it and said it rocked!!

I didn't see the one last night though, I had a terrible hangover and when I woke up and looked outside, I found that I couldn't see it from my bedroom window, so I took an aspirine and got back to bed...

Darn, another eclipse missed :mad:

I saw one...few years ago here in germany. It was a total eclipse but where I live it wasn't a whole eclipse...we couldn't see the corona of the phenomenon. But we watched at the same time tv so that we could have the full effect.

It was very impressive as it was for most of the people. At some places there were many crouds of people enjoying it.:)

Archived