Home

Roleplaying and clones

Kaiser Spaso

wow i had a wierd idea.................if you create a clone it wouldn't have the same memories and ideas as you or even the same feelings so how would people RP with that? will they just continue as they always do and just ignore the fact the died and had to clone or will they act like a new person all together after they come back as their clone?

i am also a little confused on cloning........

What happens if you don't clone yourself and you die?

Actually, that is all up to the philosophical discussion whether your "I" is simply the physical construction of your brain, or if we have a soul. Since that is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge issue that is both philosophy and theology, I won't go into that now. But yes, I'll roleplay my character as if nothing really happened. It will be weird, yes, because in p&p RPG (which I play a lot more often), when you die, you DIE. No cloning or such. But well, a game is a game, so I'll go with it.

Iam gonna try very very hard to never let my character die. I like to play as realistically as possible in games. For example, in sports games I try and play so that the statistics are life-like. So Froobuk might have to be a little cowardly and run away every now then... big deal.

Also, if you remember a number of Q's posts regarding Beta Testers stories, even the crafters were getting taken out by wild animals. I don't think we aill be able to avoid death that easily...

BTW, I play the same way Patman, I hate sports games where the scores are way out of whack. So I play to make it as realistic as possible. That's also the reason I loved the game "Torment". :)

Originally posted by Spaso

ok that all good but what happens to you if you die and you never cloned yourself?

I'm pretty sure when you die you are automatically cloned...possibly some money taken out (cost for making clone or something like that) and all uninsured items lost/looted.

As for me...I figure I'll die a bunch...Carbineer/Squad Leader...mmmhmmm...I'm going to die ALOT.:D

I'll play simulation. Play as if i was actually in the starwars universe, and not able to be cloned. Hopefully that will make me more aware/observant/carefull whilst im doing things, should also provide an edge and risky atmosphere to fights and exploring. Be ****tin myself exploring in the forest at night on my own, with animal noises all around me.....NOOOOOOOO :hatchrun:

Originally posted by UnfrozenCaveman

Actually, if you cloned someone, they'd have all the memories of the original up to the point of being cloned. Thereafter they would not share the same memories. *takes a bow and exits stage left*

Well...the clones start from fetal and and quickly stemed up to proper age...so I doubt they posess all those memories. In the Thrawn Trilogy and Duology it says they had to teach the clones...they had the same talents as their predicessor such as a quick wit and a body built more for physical combat. They do not have the same memories unless implanted there...as was demonstrated with the story about Bevel Lemlisk being punished by the Emperor and killed several times only to have his memories and mind moved into a clone by the Emperor.

Originally posted by setsuko

Actually, that is all up to the philosophical discussion whether your "I" is simply the physical construction of your brain, or if we have a soul. Since that is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge issue that is both philosophy and theology, I won't go into that now. But yes, I'll roleplay my character as if nothing really happened. It will be weird, yes, because in p&p RPG (which I play a lot more often), when you die, you DIE. No cloning or such. But well, a game is a game, so I'll go with it.

very deep set.........very deep :)

I actually, came up with an alternative to cloning on SWG-RP boards and then it went to the beta boards and caused no less than 6 pages on each of two separate threads including huge supporters, and the best of flamers alike

Cloning was reserved only for the Emperor. It was outlawed at the end of the clone wars because they started going insane. McClones is not part of Lucas World. Unfortunately, the packaging was already made before I first posted my idea and was too late.

Change all references of clone to bacta tanking. Change cloning center references to Recovery centers. Change death to near-death experience.

Luke passed out on Hoth, woke up in a bacta tank. There's, like I said, 12 pages before the beta-board wipe and one thread restarted by a guy named Zante who took my idea and ran with it.

Since it cannot be changed at this late point, I, for one, will be roleplayiing the clone tanks as bacta tanks and the cloning center as Recovery Center for those with wounds beyond what they can handle at the medical center. McClones is always on the edge of a town, so I'm rping they put it there because, simply, bacta stinks to high heaven.

Off Topic:

*hears crowd gasp insanelly*

Try not to go off topic, I know, I know. :D

Anyway, Vagabonds Rest, has it moved to Sunrunner or?

Just noticed it said Vagabonds Rest on your location tag, but you're going to be on the Sunrunner, arn't you, Danyx? :confused:

/snarks soup up her nose reading Jan's post

/wonders if that's a bugger or a piece of barley

THE as in years ago when SWG was just starting up as a dream-game I was one of the first chicks to jump on the speeder-bike and got one of the few female-lead names in the SW Universe.

You know how many Darths there are? How many Obi-Pans and Obi-Wuns and Chewtobaccas there are?

Lucas world didn't create that many female heroines in his galaxy and neither did those who wrote about it. And you boys wonder why there aren't more girls who want to play avatars in this game.

Never have been and never will be the swooning female avatar. Mara kicks butt and is perfect to describe my attitude. I don't want to be her. She wants to be me

/wiggles eyebrows.

Archived