Home

Lightsaber Poll

Rockstar

Which Lighsaber style are u gonna use in MP?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lighsaber style are u gonna use in MP?

• Lightsaber (single)
    • Lightstaff
    • Dual Lightsabers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general I believe I agree with Prime, but ...

Given that the game is ~2+ months away (optimistic Amazon UK delivery time assumed ;) ) and we've seen only a single small, dark 'old build' video, which makes it hard to get any feel for the saber play, and which was entirely SP (which is all I really care about anyway) ...

How can you begin to know which saber type / style / stance / favored combos / etc you will use. From the pre- JO info, I'd have assumed I'd use Yellow quite a bit. Instead, I switch between red and blue, favoring blue in both SP and MP (oops ... I'm 0wn3d now :D ). So ... I may think I'll stick with my single saber (blue, of course), play as human male, and use the same stances as before ... but I may be a female zabrak with saber staff (my assumed least fave) playing the dark side ... OK, that's not likely, but I'm not going to decide until ... well, at least until I get enough info on the game!

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

How can you begin to know which saber type / style / stance / favored combos / etc you will use.

Because I am old and stubborn and refuse to change my ways, no matter how much of a disadvantage it puts my in? :D

Originally posted by Prime

Because I am old and stubborn and refuse to change my ways, no matter how much of a disadvantage it puts my in? :D

Actually, when I said 'you', I didn't mean *you*, but rather the editorial 'you'.

Not seeing you in the (most recent) 'age poll' in the Swamp, I'm not sure of how you fall on the 'old' scale compared to, say, myself and Stormhammer (sorry to bring you into this :)) ... but stubbornness is an ageless phenomenon :D

I am fairly certain that I will continue to play out my 'Light Kyle'/ObiWan character type - heck, it took me 5 years [/] to make it through JK on the dark side, and only because I was determined to, not because it was my preference. Guess I won't be getting an 'ugly face' in KOTOR ;)

I pray that there is not a disadvantage to staying single saber - after all, Dooku didn't do too badly for himself against Anakin.

Mike

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

I bet $50 that u single blade guys won't be able to fight off the 6 ppl with sabers atttacking u, and u'll change

I can't (and won't) speak for Prime, but I'm astonishingly stubborn and true to my character. When I just played JK again, I used the saber almost exclusively, despite being at a decided disadvantage. Same goes for JO - aside from being sniped by Rodians and needing to snipe them, I barely used anything but the saber. Light side, single saber.

Mike

Originally posted by Darth Murphy

If they are good players then they will be able to.

I'm decent, not great, not lousy. (and no, despite being very respectful, I have no h0n0r, am not l337, nor have I ever been kicked) I typically win rounds of Jedi Master, or am close to the top (when I can find a game ... the last one with more than two people I hit the 20 kill limit and the next person had 4), and do fairly well at FFA - mid pack, typically. Despite being a 20+ year 'pc gamer', I'm pretty new at online games, my first being bits of Elite Force, then some UT and Q3, bits of hurt from RtCW and MoHAA before finally spending a bit of time working at JKII.

I also take care and pride in learning my skills - so I'll do my best to work on my single saber skills.

Mike

Originally posted by Z. [Fett]

Im looking forward to fighting 2 guys at once with my lightstaff.

Absolutely! I think that this is going to add quite a bit of excitement and variety to all kinds of game play. Power duels should be interesting, as well as FFA.

See you in September Z. Fett ... I'll be the dead (human male with single saber) body to the left of the stairs :p [edit: I just noticed this was your first post, joining July 2003 - WELCOME!!!]

Mike

I'm with single, i know my stuff already and will be a simple man who wears clothes and fights :D

Still, i'm glad that most people think they will still use single. Alot of people probably won't but as long as the dual or double don't dominate i'll be fine with the balance. :)

The staff sure looks like good fun though :D

I may not've registered this month but I never posted until now.

For Jedi Academy, I might dig the lightstaff's abilities but would rather settle traditionally for the single saber, yellow (disagreement of Old Republic's ways or deals with power more-of) or purple-bladed (might get angry despite training, intentions might be pure but myself *probably* not)... The dual saber might be fancy, more twirling around fast and better defense probably, but like the lightstaff it probably would be harder mastering it. Though it might be just as hard mastering the art of fending off such force users using dual saber or lightstaff by using one lightsaber, I'd do it anyway. Qui-Gon Jinn did a nice job defensively fending off Maul's strikes as Maul retreated (I know Qui-Gon, if tempted and actually did, could've done better offensively... He learned from Dooku who took on Anakin who had two sabers), and Obi-Wan (who was taught swordsmanship probably by Qui-Gon, and was tempted to go offensively by Maul when he used his hilt to balance off Qui-Gon's feet and then to stab him with his lightstaff) kicked Maul's arse by splitting his lightstaff in half in anger offensively... So why not most other Jedi who's skilled enough? The lightstaff might be stylish since Exar Kun's day but I'd much rather prefer the traditional lightsaber. So I voted for the single lightsaber option. Expect me to use single lightsaber on JK2 mods too.

i really like this board! lol theres full of people with honor and edicate here!

tho i must say i thought that the 2 new stances would win i guess you cannot deter the jedi from his traditional ways :cool:

btw sorry for the dual typo, lol :D

oh, and single blade for me ;)

Actually, when I said 'you', I didn't mean *you*, but rather the editorial 'you'.

I know :) I just thought I'd give you the reason why I will stick with the single blade.

Not seeing you in the (most recent) 'age poll' in the Swamp, I'm not sure of how you fall on the 'old' scale compared to, say, myself and Stormhammer (sorry to bring you into this :)) ... but stubbornness is an ageless phenomenon :D

I'm 28, which probably makes me one of the older folks around here. :)

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

I bet $50 that u single blade guys won't be able to fight off the 6 ppl with sabers change

Well, that's a situation I'll be trying to avoid anyway, regardless of what saber I use.

Originally posted by Rumor

i r scerd

:D

Originally posted by the_havoc

Crap , I though the dual and saberstaff would be more popular . Well i will have to decide between a single blade , or dual sabers.

pssssst.. That's a good thing :D We don't wanna see 20 maul wannabes in every server we goto.

Archived