Home

Which Monkey Islands Have You Completed?

James Isaac

Which Monkey Islands Have You Completed?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monkey Islands Have You Completed?

• MI1
    • MI2
    • MI3
    • MI4
    • None of them

All of 'em, in order, playing them when they each first came out, and on the mega-monkey options where applicable. I was about 7 when I started Secret Of Monkey Island, so I did get help from my dad. Obviously, full appreciation of the humour of these games came later, but the stories were great and the characters were fun back then, and I just fell in love with the pirate theme really.

I used a UHS for Curse Of Monkey Island once or twice, I seem to remember...I actually got stuck on Blood Island, thinking I had to mix the ingredients to the hangover cure myself, turned out you just give them to Goodsoup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MI-2 (Floppy disk PC)

MI-3 (PC)

MI-1 (PC-CD)

MI-2 (PC-CD)

MI-3 (PC-CD (again))

Then played them every now and again until EMI came out and then i played EMI.

The longest time i spent on a game was Grim Fandango... i really dont understand how some people manegd to complete that game within a few hours without using a walkthru, i didnt use a walkthru and played it for ages until i completed it...

ok so im miles off point now lol...

Beat the first two before the age of 10 numerous times without any walkthrough or hint-- the original games, not the remade 1+2 package. Beat 3 and 4 as they came out again with no walkthroughs loving every minute of it.

I've completed 1, 2, and 3 more times than I care to remember, but i've only played 4 once. Didn't like it.

I'm beginning to wonder if i should play it again, maybe it will be like those movies that seem to be not all that good when you first watch them but get better with every viewing. e.g. Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Withnail and I, etc

Well, i played EMI for the first time i thought it was OK, if a little short... And this was with me not knowing how to solve it...

The second time i played it, i really couldnt feel myself getting into the game so much, plus it was REALLY short this time...

So it gets worse the more u play it unfortunately...

Only MI3&4

I regret to confess, that I've never even tried or so much as seen MI1 or MI2. I've tried in vain for a long time to get them, but they're always bundled together with something else. I don't need an extra copy of Grim Fandango for instance.

So if anybody has an idea where I could get them (legit), please tell me.

That's crazy talk, I won't go into why. I'm sure there have been a million ( or perhaps not ) threads on why MI4 rox/sux... I'm waiting for an original copy of mi for the atari to arrive from ebay... it had better work and the atari with it. Can you play non pc games on the pc with scumm vm?

Archived