Home

This is getting a little old...

legameboy

I'm talking about this 'RPG n00bie' bashing. Let me say a couple things about it. What is the point of it? You aren't getting better, you're wasting time, not to mention you are ruining other people's fun. Just because you won by 72 points on a server that people don't really fight on, and have players that really stink at JK2, doesn't mean you are 'teh r0xx0r k1ng 0f 4ll dud3$', in fact you might stink yourself, just you are better than a certian group. The only way to prove yourself is to fight people who are better than you, and study what they are doing and what their strategies are, then go out there and see what you can do.

Another note, some people take this game too seriously, say if they lost a clan match or a 1 vs 1 duel, they get all up and tight and start flaming and cussing till heck freezes over. Some people forget that this round, flat plastic disc with a hole in it called Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, is used as an entertainment device for the digital fun of all, not a object to get upset about. If you want to be competitive, play a real-life sport.

I'm not good at Jedi Knight 2, you can flame me all you want, but I was just pointing out some things.

One time, I was playing on a server, and I kicked someone, because they kicked someone else, and she was "WTF!!!", so then I said "Kick me" so she did and she was like "You ONLY could kicked :mad:" (It was like she was taking revenge :rolleyes: ) So I answered "Yep, I got kicked" and she got even more mad because I didn't get mad, lol. :rolleyes:

ehh yeah it gets silly at times but you have to understand it's no different than trash talking on a basket ball court.

We don't "hate" each other but when you take a group of people who *only play the game to compete, people are going to get riled up.

You have to remember there is a large # of people out there like us who don't care about yoda skins, darth maul maps or chewbacca models.

And while a lot of us are sw fans the reason we play is to win at a competition, not be "immersed in a virtual universe".

To us it’s no different than two rival colleges playing in a bowl game. Of course there will be some smack talk; with out it the victory would not be as sweet.

But in the end we all know it’s just a game and know it’s all just in good fun.

It's not like we wish cancer upon the guy we are playing or flaming or anything stupid like that.

Originally posted by Shotokan

Did you ever like, try to do a strafe jump over someone and end up kicking someone? I did and got called a lamer... I tried to explain myself and got kicked... LoL

hehheeheh aye just shows you how lame some players are. in CTF I will grpk a lot, normally a good way to stop rage flag runners.

well I normally only go after Flag runners, but will kill some one that's annoying me by getting in the way. well I don't want to mess around and want to get them out the way quick. so grip and kick they are dead in seconds (or if a absorb user Kick them over and a few blast from a blaster. trouble is the players take it to hart, I will see some thing like Ranger you lamer or such like. then this player needs to avenge his honour by killing me. some times its easer to let them kill me, so I can get back to defending flag or zapping are flag runner. but some times they don't let it drop. some times its good as they have 2 or 3 guys all trying to kill me (hehehe makes are life easier on flag runs) or they just get more and more worked up about me killing them!!! if I was using a rocket bug or some over lame arse bug I would under stand them getting upset, but as far as I can tell Grip kick is a legal move and one way of stopping a rage runner on a small map.

games can be emotional but if I ever get that worked up I normally go spectator mode or leave the game lol.

Originally posted by legameboy

I'm talking about this 'RPG n00bie' bashing. Let me say a couple things about it. What is the point of it? You aren't getting better, you're wasting time, not to mention you are ruining other people's fun.

You realize that this is exactly how many people feel about RPGers because they refuse to play the game as it was intended? Thus RPGers aren't getting better, are wasting time, and are ruining other people's fun.

bbrrrinnngg "Hello, Kettle? This is Pot. Your black."

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

ehh yeah it gets silly at times but you have to understand it's no different than trash talking on a basket ball court.

While this is correct, in all my years of playing competative basketball, I have never heard people call each other "gay" or a move "lame" :D

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

We don't "hate" each other but when you take a group of people who *only play the game to compete, people are going to get riled up.

I know you are not a hater, but you can't speak for everyone else. There are some serious "haters" out there bashing new players. I imagine 99% of the people who have insulted me from the safety of their keyboard could never stand 2 feet away and say it to my face.

These people are bullies. Court trash talk is one thing, but some people only have the balls to talk like that from behind a monitor. Say some of things said about newbies here in person and somebody would get hit in the face.

Reminds me alot of road rage. Wimpy little geeks screaming, flipping people off, cutting in line, but then if they have to stop a light next to you they hide their head or look away.

I hate fake tuff guys who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I believe the poster above me has no clue on what he was talking about. Moving on...

http://webpages.charter.net/ltship/blackrosescorner/images/shot0001.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/ltship/blackrosescorner/images/shot0002.jpg

Those two pages link out to a person who called me an exploiter. The sad thing was that I wasn't exploiting, I was beating the living hell out of him with the grip kick and he continually failed to counter it.

It is this kind of whining that steered me in the direction of the ASC, and ultimately idiot bashing. Failure to acknowledge a legit manuever, then cry a river brings only a look of idiocy on the cryer.

Another thing that has irked me is that the last time I checked, I looked on the box and it said FPS. HOLY ****! FPS! That means FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! That also means your going to be riding my damn rocket if I catch you chatting or standing still (Quake reference there). If I wanted a chat room with a bunch of guys (yes, note the word guys... More on this later if you have not figured it out by now) /amkissing each other, I'd play EverQuest, or better yet, Star Wars Galaxies! Oh, wait a minute, SWG is ridden to hell with bugs and "bad dev complex." Forget I said that, but that still leaves EQ!

Seriously, infringing on my playstyle, technique, and overall not having a clue about game mechanics deserves a general flame in your direction.

I can understand peoples frustrations. I mean, when you just grip and throw someone off a cliff or kick them off over and over, then yea, they have every right to call you lame. The purpose of the game wasnt who can throw off who the most. Fight with your sabers and screw the force.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

I can understand peoples frustrations. I mean, when you just grip and throw someone off a cliff or kick them off over and over, then yea, they have every right to call you lame. The purpose of the game wasnt who can throw off who the most. Fight with your sabers and screw the force.

hope your being sarcastic, but if not what the noobs are you on about... Fight with your sabers and screw the force, your must be a fanboy or a one arm player, cant you do more than 1 button at a time!

Originally posted by Prime

While this is correct, in all my years of playing competative basketball, I have never heard people call each other "gay" or a move "lame" :D

I'm sure you have seen fights, people getting up in each other's face and/or altercations like such when tempers flared though.

The point I was trying to make was there is a big difference between competitive "trash talking" and "player bashing".

I've bashed and flamed every single clan or player I've ever competed against but win or lose I have respect for them all.

And while I may tell a player from a rival clan that they "suck" in the middle of a match, I would never say something like that to a guy who just bought the game and is learning it or some dude who was just playing for fun like a lot of people do.

Thing is a lot of the true "player bashing" is coming from the people who claim to be the "good guys" in this community.

Do I go around and chat kill people and kick them off ledges just for the fun of watching them flip out?

Sure.

But I'm not going around making racial, anti Semitic, homophobic, derogatory slurs at people just because they can play a video game better.

I really do feel sorry for the people who have bought jk2 in the last 6 months because I know if I had not been playing back in the days when the game was in it's prime I sure as hell would want nothing to do with this community of cry babies and whiners.

And that's all this "rpg bashing" is about really.

There are a lot of us out there who want people to be able to enjoy actually playing this game and not having to fear being screwed with by some nazi/noob admin or silly ass code of honor clan.

Now I know people always say "blah blah it's their server if you don't like it leave."

For that I point no further than the grendel/ffa server.

Right there in the motd it says laming is allowed and asks people not to complain about silly saber off rules because they do not apply here.

And sure enough every 30 damn seconds "lamer", " you lamer", "****ing lamer" is all you see.

Even when the grendel admins ask nicely to please refrain from bitching and moaning the "we have honor" types always reply with something like "**** you mother******* ***** ******".

The problem I personally have with this is, this stupid ass backwards mentality has become like a plague. It does not stay confined to specific servers and people do try to force it upon others constantly.

So if this is the common vibe among most jk2 players these days, I'll be damned if I conform to it just so I don't get voted off a server by a pack of ***holes.

And while it may seem like some of us take it too far by trying to provoke them, if you were constantly flamed or insulted simply because you just tried to play the game the best you could and enjoy it, you would not feel to inclined to respect these people or their silly little rules either.

I'm pretty sure you're just kidding and this is a flame bait but...

Please explain what you're supposed to do with this power called grip? You know, like "honourable gripping".

Also, please explain why Raven has put "voids" in maps? What is the function they had in mind for these pits?

You are as full of crap as the idiot that called me an exploiter for using the grip kick.

Boo hoo.

I wouldn't say screw the force, even though it can get adjitating when the same person has thrown you to your doom 15 times, but who cares?! Whining newbies or people who took the game too seriously would whine about that, and I have come to the conclusion that: Whining Newbies+Too Serious Gamer=RPG n00bie.

I may be bad at playing but I don't whine . If anyone would like to play with me (not for competition 'cause I stink :D , but just for plain fun, tell the the time and server you'll be on. :D )

Archived