Home

Just bought the game...

Darth Meatloaf

Well, I finally coughed up enough money to buy JO for the PC. It is, to say the least, sweeeeet. :)

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I'd like to know: what should I download for it?

What patches are there? What mods are good? Any useful sounds? Maps?

This is probably a n00bish question and has probably been asked before. If so, don't flame me.

-Darth Meatloaf-

Hey we've all got to start somewhere, DM. :D Welcome to the boards.

You'll need Patch 1.04 for multiplayer (well, you won't need it but that's what most people play on now) and as for custom models/skins/maps... well you can find loads (and the patch) at:

http://www.jediknightii.net/

http://www.jk2files.com/

http://pcgamemods.com/index.php?id=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b

I find these are the best. When you've got the patch and you've got a feel for multiplayer, then I'd go for the custom stuff (plus there's too many for me to list right now :p ). But I'm sure the others will list their favourite mods etc.

:)B.

Ah, good to see this board is nice to newbies. I've seen my share of those that aren't.

Anway, I tried downloading from JediknightII.net, but none of the downloads work. I get the "page cannot be displayed" error when I click on a download. :mad:

But JK2Files.com works. :D I have yet to check pcgamemods.

-Darth Meatloaf-

Yeah, welcome to last year buddy! Nah, I kid but just out of curiosity how cheap is this game now?

It's been bloody ages since I've played this so I have no clue what mods are "in" right now. I enjoyed the hydroball mod when that came out (think of blitzball in FFX and this is the exact game), and then the name of it escapes me but there was this mod that gives you a saber in each hand, the ability to sit down, and to resize your player model to the size of an ant. I used to hide in little cracks and bushes and ambush people. Funniest stuff I've ever seen. I wouldn't recommend going on a server with this mod though if you're expecting a serious game. Too many people just screwed around. Good stuff though.

Ah, fun. Well, I'm downloading mods by the dozens now...

And the game is now about $15 new. Problem is, it's relatively old and some stores no longer carry it. :mad: Took me three days of searching to find a place with copies.

Edit: Make that "to find a place with a copy." :mad:

-Darth Meatloaf-

I hear ya, Meatloaf. I'm a mid-term buyer of JO (got it on Boxing Day, 2002. That's Dec.26 for those of you who don't know what Boxing Day is) I went to Best Buy, because I figured they would have it. Well, they did, but I had to SEARCH for it. I finally had to ask an employee to help me find it. He had to look on the computer to find where it's at. It's wierd, because they had older games in obvious places in large numbers, but JO was out of the way, with only a few copies. 'Twas a travesty.

Hey, hope you have fun with those mods. I know I do.:D

*returns*

Well, the game pwns, but sometimes when I bind things to the keys the keys get screwed up.

"A" becomes "q" and vice-versa, "%" becomes " and vice-versa, "<" switches with "m" and so on.

I figure it's a bug, but has it happened to anyone else? Anyone know what triggers it?

-Darth Meatloaf-

Yep. I'm also the Darth Meatloaf of Nintendophiles forums, GameFAQs forums, and Fanfiction.net.

As far as I know, there is no other Darth Meatloaf on the internet.

I even have my own homepage:

http://www.freewebs.com/darthmeatloaf/

which explains where I got my unique Username, and showcases my SWGB scenarios.

-Darth Meatloaf-

Archived