Home

Forbidden Fruit?

Originally posted by Lynk Former

@ carl: :rolleyes: great how you are branding "star wars mods"... reeeal great :rolleyes:

he didnt said "what a stupid thread" .. at least.

*pats lynk former*

erm.. and thank you for telling me what the gauss error distribution curve is ..

will you explain to me what a pineapple is??

;)

Lynky--Boldy fighting for your right to discuss tropical fruit on an electronic bulletin board! :D

This reminds me of the time I discovered that you couldn't say 'cockpit' at XWA. *(Looks at Carl.)* Yes, obviously it was a Star Wars forum, considering I was talking about cockpits to begin with. :dozey:

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

I'm sure it's part of the Star Wars mods quest to make these forums safe from perverts. God bless them.

Lynk Former is a Star Wars mod. In the most literal sense, too.

OMG! SCANDAL!!

Have a nice pineapple?

Taken from yahoo.com

A fruit is actually the sweet, ripened ovary or ovaries of a seed-bearing plant. A vegetable, in contrast, is an herbaceous plant cultivated for an edible part (seeds, roots, stems, leaves, bulbs, tubers, or nonsweet fruits). So, to be really nitpicky, a fruit could be a vegetable, but a vegetable could not be a fruit.

The Nutriquest team offers a similar answer, adding that most fruits are sweet because they contain a simple sugar called fructose, while most vegetables are less sweet because they have much less fructose. The sweetness of fruit encourages animals to eat it and thereby spread the seeds. The site also presents an interesting list of fruits that are often thought to be vegetables:

tomatoes

cucumbers

squashes and zucchini

avocados

green, red, and yellow peppers

peapods

pumpkins

Archived