Home

Swoop

TheBlueFlamingo

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

i think we can have swoops in multiplayer.:cool:

I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews mentioned a 'Siege mode' for Multiplayer (in response to a question about vehicles in multiplayer). This sounds like there's an option to have vehicles in a multiplayer game (I'm imagining like Battlefield 1942).

Then again, it was close to 5am when I read this, and I can't even remember the site I read it from, so it could've been my sleep-depraived mind playing tricks on me. :animelol:

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly IS Siege mode? Isn't it an attack on an enemy base?

Im pretty much thinking of it being like UT's mode. But vehicles would be nice as well. I think a new JA site will be up soon, because JA is discluded from the list of games on that "flash game chooser" thingar on the lucasarts page.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

What exactly IS Siege mode? Isn't it an attack on an enemy base?

Im pretty much thinking of it being like UT's mode. But vehicles would be nice as well. I think a new JA site will be up soon, because JA is discluded from the list of games on that "flash game chooser" thingar on the lucasarts page.

I think you're right in thinking that Siege mode is like Assault in Unreal Tournament. It'll either be like that or it'll be like Battlefield 1942.

I don't know. :nut:

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

this is a little off topic but if you already have bf: 1942 there is a total conversion mod for it called galactic conquest. it is a star wars based fps but like bf: 1942 you play as a grunt rebel or imp against each other. They have the battle of hoth map, which includes at-ats, at-sts, snowspeeders, a millenium falcon, gun turrets, etc. all of which let you drive them. They also have different classes such as sniper and medic as well. No jedis yet but it's still cool. When last i checked they were working on the battle of endor for their next release. Check out the site:

http://www.galactic-conquest.net

Should be a cool way to pass the time until JA comes out.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

I think a new JA site will be up soon, because JA is discluded from the list of games on that "flash game chooser" thingar on the lucasarts page.

Why does everyone keep saying this? It's there, farthjest one on the left, now!

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

this is a little off topic but if you already have bf: 1942 there is a total conversion mod for it called galactic conquest. it is a star wars based fps but like bf: 1942 you play as a grunt rebel or imp against each other. They have the battle of hoth map, which includes at-ats, at-sts, snowspeeders, a millenium falcon, gun turrets, etc. all of which let you drive them. They also have different classes such as sniper and medic as well. No jedis yet but it's still cool. When last i checked they were working on the battle of endor for their next release. Check out the site:

http://www.galactic-conquest.net

Should be a cool way to pass the time until JA comes out.

Yeah, my uncle sent me that link as well as a "looks good (if you've got Battlefield 1942)" (read as: Go buy Battlefield 1942 so we can play this) message.

I would buy it if I had any income at the moment. :cry8:

Still, Jedi Academy's looking to be a must buy.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

I see you guys are in dilemmia over these questions:

Can we spawn npcs with a npc spawn like command during MP?

Can we play Single Player Levels in Multiplayer?

With CERTAIN CONNECTIONS I can answer these questions with 100% confidence:

The admin of the multiplayer game, regardless if cheats are on or not, can use npc spawn to load in any single player Npc into MP. I've seen screenshots of Rancors, wampas, jawas, cultists; every npc from SP fighting in MP.

The screenshot with the two swoop bike racers is indeed single player. However, that level may been loaded up during multiplayer, but only through console as of now.

I hope that helped quell some of the confusion and hopefully I didn't break any laws by revealing that information..

Just read the PC Game Zone UK 'review' (I have a hard time with that since it was obviously done pre-gold), and they say

the swoop bike level is 'awful' (they call it the speeder bike level) and call the handling 'woeful' ... say it 'could have been fun'. It was one of the few negatives they had.

Mike

Originally posted by JediCrow

Hmm..maybe I played a different pre-gold, but I thought the swoop bike level was awesome. Can't wait to play it in the "real" game.

I'm not sure if you are an 'official' beta tester or one of the many 'unofficial' testers I typically rip into ... but this time I won't ...

I'm actually glad to hear, but not necessarily surprised. Why?

- Many here hated driving the AT-ST. I liked it.

- Many reviews liked the tanks in MoHAA ... I really hated them.

I just think that vehicles are a very personal thing for FPS players - I suppose it depends on whether you also play air combat games as well ... or something.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I'm not sure if you are an 'official' beta tester or one of the many 'unofficial' testers I typically rip into

All the beta testing is in-house, so he's "unofficial". But please, you don't have to go off on everyone because they have different moral standards than you. Posting about warez or illegal software is against the rules, and it's the forum staff's job to keep it under control, not yours.

Some times people just need to lighten up. I didn't give anything away, post about where to get anything, or otherwise try to spoil anyone else's experience. I just gave an opinion. I just happen to have a different perspective on this game than some other people on here. When the game comes out, we'll all be spouting our opinions on this and that, and complaining about this drain whore or that kick spammer. So for now we should just chill and if someone says they like something or don't, realize that they are probably just trying to help, unless it's obvious that they are just here to spoil it for everyone, which I'm not.

Besides, what's the difference between my opinion and that review that was quoted here? For all you know I am a legitimate game reviewer and have a sanctioned preview version of the game. Assuming I'm a pirate just because I have the game and you don't doesn't help anybody.

Originally posted by Emon

All the beta testing is in-house, so he's "unofficial". But please, you don't have to go off on everyone because they have different moral standards than you. Posting about warez or illegal software is against the rules, and it's the forum staff's job to keep it under control, not yours.

Some times people just need to lighten up.

Hey now - I didn't rip anyone, or go off or anything. In fact, I stated that I have been coming down hard on the whole piracy thing - which I know I have gotten a rep for doing, as I have no tolerance for it.

I prefaced by saying that I wasn't going to say anything, and that in fact I appreciated his comments in this case.

Sorry if there was any confusion from the way I said things.

Move along, move along.

Mike

[edit: just saw your last post]

Besides, what's the difference between my opinion and that review that was quoted here? For all you know I am a legitimate game reviewer and have a sanctioned preview version of the game. Assuming I'm a pirate just because I have the game and you don't doesn't help anybody.

Exactly - I was saying that I neither knew nor cared how you obtained your copy, you were merely refuting an opinion in a review. And, as I said, I appreciated your opinion.

Mike

Archived