Home

Is Coruscant in JA?

TK-8252

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

I see screenshots of something that looks like Coruscant, but it could be Nar Shaddaa. Is Coruscant going to be in Jedi Academy?

From the C&VG article mentioned in the 'magazine sightings' thread
Can you reveal anything about the types of missions we'll be going on and the locations in which the missions are set?

Fuchs: This mission structure has given Raven the freedom to create twice as many Star Wars locations as in JKII. We've tried to mix up the missions a lot to give the player a variety of things to do rather than just "shoot everybody and find the exit" type stuff. Some of the missions involve the overall story that flows through the game, and some of them are more episodic adventures.

Some missions will be vehicle based, some the player will fight alongside allies from the films, some they will need to rescue people, some they will need to fight through with their lightsaber, and some they will need to use their force powers and abilities to tackle some pretty tough enemies. This takes place all across the Star Wars universe in places like Tatooine, Hoth, Coruscant, and more.

Hope that clears things up for you! Personally I don't have any idea if we return to Nar Shadda, but I would like it ...

Mike

[edit ... OMG we're quick ... we were all over this one ... these fast updates have us all a bit twitchy ?!? ;) ]

It was *not* a cheat, just a console command (which could be bound to a key):

cg_fpls 1

This is for multiplayer. And unlike SP's first person lightsaber, this one allowed you to do all the flips, spins, rolls, etc and other moves (like the wall walk) in it successfully.

Don't worry, it doesn't seem to be that well known (unfortunately). I learned about it on the forums, and I've had it posted on my site for a while (in the Lightsaber section, see link in my Sig).

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

My question could possibly be stupid, but what's a FPS and TPS?

Coruscant in the movies was usually shown in the day.

Actually, its almost split, although there is maybe 1 or 2 more day incidents than night, but if you remember in the S.E. of the Original Trilogy, they showed Coruscant, and then there was the night that Zam Wessell tried to assassinate Senator Amidala.

Originally posted by The Cheat

i think coruscant is awesome, a planet that is a complete city, but there are some other places that are pretty cool like a city in the sky but coruscant is probably my favorite but that is my opinion

That, to me, is why the doubling of locales in Jedi Academy is so cool. JKII had cool places - Kejim, Artus, Yavin, Nar Shadda, Bespin, Cairn, the Doomgiver. But JA is going to make it even cooler with more movie places - Hoth, Tatooine, Coruscant, as well as Yavin and who knows where else. I like the city areas, but also love the outdoor places - I am looking forward to every locale I've seen so far ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

That, to me, is why the doubling of locales in Jedi Academy is so cool. JKII had cool places - Kejim, Artus, Yavin, Nar Shadda, Bespin, Cairn, the Doomgiver. But JA is going to make it even cooler with more movie places - Hoth, Tatooine, Coruscant, as well as Yavin and who knows where else. I like the city areas, but also love the outdoor places - I am looking forward to every locale I've seen so far ...

Mike

I couldn't agree more. :p

Along with the movie locations (I can't wait to visit Hoth...which I think is one of the 'coolest' places in the SW universe *ouch*), I'm still hoping to see some more of the worlds that are just given a passing mention in the movies...like Corellia, Sullust, Kessel, Ryloth, etc. We know about them, and some have featured in EU material, but they've not been conceptualised as 3D environments to explore before (to my knowledge). I'm also glad to see a couple of places mentioned in the EU now being slated for inclusion in the game (like Darth Vader's castle).

At last we can build up a picture of the wider SW universe...at last we can explore. :p

Archived