Home

The New JA Luke Model

TK-8252

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...tavion looks like peter pan and tinker bell mixed, with that feather

Ha ha, never thought of that.

Desann's voice was good, but you're right. His look was a bit off. Let's see. Just add horns, change his color to red and/or black, maybe some fangs, a black cloak, and he could look pretty evil.

Maybe the angry Luke was just to make the model presentation look cooler.

Sorry to go off topic but...I don't think darth vader was the chosen one was he?

It could be debated that Luke is.

The chosen one is suppose to bring balance to the force. So did vader do that by killing all the jedi? Or is luke doing it as he tries to rebuild the jedi (which ends up with quite a few dark jedi and of course luke don't use many old jedi traditions because they were lost).

Darth Vader is the chosen one because he started out on the "light side" of the force, then he succumbed to the "dark side" but then near the end of ROTJ, he came back to the light side which ended up saving Luke and the universe from the Emperor's tyranny. Basically, its never been known for someone who has gone to the dark side to come back, but when Vader did, it brought the Force back into balance. and then in EU, as Kurgan was telling me, Luke goes to the dark side in an agreement with the Cloned Emperor Palpatine, and then is brought back by Leia. so Vader's switch of sides made him the Chosen one, or one who allowed those who were on the dark side to come back to the light side of the Force.

[i'll just do without the whole cloned Palpatine thing ... :rolleyes: ... sorry]

Luke and Anakin both have destinies pivotal to the salvation of the galaxy. It is Luke's desttiny to destroy the emperor and Anakin's to bring the Force back into balance. Yet their actions are interdependant, as Luke saves Anakin, thus allowing him to destroy the dark side in the form of Palpatine and within himself ...

As for Tavion, she is part of the 'female characters whose appearance on screen give me wife reason to make smart-a$$ comments about me staring at computer generated sex-kittens ;) Just like the blonde from EFII (not good ol' Telsia) or Aida from Unreal II ... or (the list goes on ... )

But I liked her ... and Dessann. They are not Palpatine or even Jerec ... they are part of a plot to take over the galaxy ... but need more than they can do themselves in the form of Galak and the Reborn armies ... nice flawed enemies ...

Mike

I wonder why they gave him that white "flap" as part of his outfit, in Return of the Jedi it was only at the very end of the movie and that was probably because part of his tunic had come loose from all the fighting. You'd assume he would have fixed that by the time JA began, or even, gotten a more light jedi appropriate outfit.

Well he might not know what a Light Jedi outfit is. I mean he only saw Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing it but he might have thought they just had bad fashion snese or something. Besides, it would be pointless if he wore the standard clothing, you would be also wearing it so it kinda kills the purpose of choosing your own clothes.

If Luke wants to wear black the rest of his life, they should make his tunic like it was when he was at the Sarlacc, before it got torn (is he still wearing the same clothes as he was in RotJ?! Eww... those rebels!) But the Jedi in JO didnt exactly wear the same clothes as the Jedi in TPM and AotC, so it seams the Jedi code had changed with the New Jedi Order about the dress code.

But hey, there's always room for skinning!

Originally posted by Andy867

...and then in EU, as Kurgan was telling me, Luke goes to the dark side in an agreement with the Cloned Emperor Palpatine, and then is brought back by Leia.

:eyeraise: What? are you kidding? Luke joined the dark side, palpatine was cloned, and Leia brought luke back from the dark side?

Never heard of that one before...

Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|

:eyeraise: What? are you kidding? Luke joined the dark side, palpatine was cloned, and Leia brought luke back from the dark side?

Never heard of that one before...

Sure ... the EU is the 'land of opportunity', which means it is full of stuff like that ... and Vader's gloved hand having some special power and being found on Endor, and ObiWan's lightsaber being found on Yavin ... and even some enemy I can only approximate as the anti-Borg [runs away before this turns intto another NJO discussion ... :hatchrun: ]

Mike

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

If Luke wants to wear black the rest of his life, they should make his tunic like it was when he was at the Sarlacc, before it got torn (is he still wearing the same clothes as he was in RotJ?! Eww... those rebels!)

Originally Posted by Pedro the Hutt

You'd assume he would have fixed that by the time JA began, or even, gotten a more light jedi appropriate outfit

[/Quote]

That assuming that he knows how to sew.He would probably defned the entire Yavin Galaxy before he would sew. And with Leia off saving the galaxy from political scandal (assuming she is still alive), who is there to sew for Luke???

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Well he might not know what a Light Jedi outfit is. I mean he only saw Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing it but he might have thought they just had bad fashion snese or something. Besides, it would be pointless if he wore the standard clothing, you would be also wearing it so it kinda kills the purpose of choosing your own clothes.

Well not per se the traditional Jedi robes (altough I'm still crossing my fingers that I can stuff my Jedi in them) , but sometime with a lighter colour in it XD But his current outfit is not bad really, I quite like it, the best outfit Luke had in the entire trilogy. But seeing as it was defined that the black outfit was chosen to indicate that he was close to the dark side he might want to wear something now. But ah well, it might now indicate that he's so certain of his allignment in the Force that the clothing style doesn't matter to him. ^.^ *goes on rambling*

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Well not per se the traditional Jedi robes (altough I'm still crossing my fingers that I can stuff my Jedi in them) , but sometime with a lighter colour in it XD But his current outfit is not bad really, I quite like it, the best outfit Luke had in the entire trilogy. But seeing as it was defined that the black outfit was chosen to indicate that he was close to the dark side he might want to wear something now. But ah well, it might now indicate that he's so certain of his allignment in the Force that the clothing style doesn't matter to him. ^.^ *goes on rambling*

:wstupid:

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

why does JA not use that style saber blade? why that dumb ass bad quality one.... :(

because that blade wasn't rendered with the modified q3 engine.

Originally posted by 2 Good 4 U

it's the same thing, but with a cloak....

go watch return of the jedi. now.

Archived