• Vulture
    • Sniper
    • Honor
    • Spammer
    • Hacker (as in slashing, not cheating)
    • Shadow
    • Chatter (Also RP)
    • Other (If so plz post your style)

Hello All, I was wondering how most of you on the forums play JK:O and plan to play JK:A... this is an overall poll it encompasses all game modes (CTF Duel etc...) I know its hard to find your average, but you may find that it puts things into a new perspective, you might find that your true style is not what you think it is ^_^ I personally thought I would be a "Shadow" character but now I think I really am a "Honor" character ... interesting please enjoy.

-VanishingVision:)

I have nearly no proficiency with gunz cuz I use Saber most of the times. I like a good, clean with less spam as possible duel. Bows just as a "i'm ready" signal.

I prefer the danger of catwalk fight where skill and luck are 50-50.

I use the force as an aid and not a way to win.

I also tend to disable always run and found some fights more easy on walk speed while the opponents is running around me. (maybe it's nothing but somehow i won alot this way)... JO's running speed is great for the ffa/cttf types but for duel i'd rather have a slower run speed. (gotta luv those CVARs.)

If i'm running my own server I also tend to up the saber damage a bit making it something like 3/4 hits to kill a full health and shield opponent with the yellow normal slashes.

Yellow stance is my favorite in it's balance between slash speed/recovery and damage in the options i put i the server.

Since I dont invest hours playing this and I can have fun loosing as well as long as the fight is good and visually appealing and my opponent is not a total dweeb the RPGers dont usually cause me too much grieve... I dont enforce the honour system nor follow it... but since i do bow as a ready signal they dont give me a hard time... and I even had good time with them... for more competitive gaming I go to CTF... no bows.. jsut force and the flag.

Well I overdetailed my style of playing... but to anyone interested.. there ya go.

Cheers all.

Originally posted by Khaza

Where are the gunners options ?

And don't tell me to vote sniping, because its the slowest fragging style right after using saber ;)

That I cannot agree with. If you are skilled with the sniper, you can kill almost any opponent, even while both of you are jumping around. I very often win a Gun FFA mainly using the sniper.

I don't know, hacker I guess. I don't really spam moves as I find it doesn't work very well. I play both guns and sabers, although I prefer lightsabers for the "fun" factor. I guess my style is to try and attack when my opponants leave themselves open.

I have no idea what half of those "player types" refer to. :D

I voted "other".

I play for fun. Sometimes I try my best to win the map, sometimes I use only a certain weapon or style. Sometimes I go light, sometimes dark. It all depends on what I feel is most fun atm.

Naturally - if there's like 13 people running around with lightning lvl 3 pressed down, I'll surely switch to light side (absorb).

The only rule that I care about is: Thou shalt not whine.

Honour? I have no idea what that means since everyone has their own set of honour rules. That's why the whole concept is so utterly ridiculous and those who enforce "honour" are fools.

Originally posted by SettingShadow

That I cannot agree with. If you are skilled with the sniper, you can kill almost any opponent, even while both of you are jumping around. I very often win a Gun FFA mainly using the sniper.

I didn't say that it was totaly useless, and I actually think that every weapon can be deadly in right hands. But you must admit that sticking with only one weapon isn't allways a good thing :)

I voted other. I am a CTF person. That's all I play. When I first started playing JO when it came out, I was a saber only person. I got pretty good at it too. After getting hooked to CTF, I defected over to guns. I still use the saber for melee combat and to chop up all those unexpecting gunners ;) Depending on who I'm playing with, I flag run, support, and defend. Light and Dark side. So in short, I'm a Packing Uber Saberist! :D

Archived