Home

We Have A Serious Problem(IMO)

Jo

ok..Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Class:MMORPG-Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game..

We dont really role play. This is set in teh starwars universe, lets play it like it is..dont talk about cars or the latest patches..we should really concentrate on the RP feature of this game. As far as the forums go...just dont mention them ingame.. i feel this game would become more enjoyable if we all started makin the effort to RP more.

I dont see this as a serious problem. If you want to RP then by all means RP. I have heard this brought up before and normally the people suggesting it do nothing that is anywhere near real RPing.

The easiest way to get other people to RP with you is not to tell them they are doing something wrong, it is by setting the example.

If you feel that you would enjoy the game more by roleplaying then by all means do it. Don't half-ass it, dont come to a krayt hunting yelling ****! who looted? Or **** this I'm leaving..the only reason I came here was for scout exp. That is not roleplaying and it makes it hard for others to believe you want to roleplay after you have outbursts like that ;)

i love you murashu..you know how to grill me about that hunt and make so much reasonable...i got over that quick though...it wasnt actually the actual scouting..its that no one would fess up..oh well. not the point, its in the past..on to better things, LIKE RPING..who is with me :D. i redid my bios just tonight

Originally posted by MasterJo

i love you murashu..you know how to grill me about that hunt and make so much reasonable...i got over that quick though...it wasnt actually the actual scouting..its that no one would fess up..oh well. not the point, its in the past..on to better things, LIKE RPING..who is with me :D. i redid my bios just tonight

FESS UP TO WHAT?!

LOL are you the boss or something no... your a new recruit. so why should someone have to fess up to you over a stupid kyat loot.

Originally posted by Lord_Vessen

Jatari and I sometimes RP. If you are a heavy RPer then ask people their names instead of reading the name above their head...That's sometimes fun. Most of the time people go, "What are you talknig about...its right over my freckin head!" :)

Good idea, you can even turn the names off in the options menu which semi forces you to ask =)

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with RPing...I just dont think you can get others to do it. They either want to or they dont.

Didnt mean to grill you Jo-dae, you get my point though? ;)

Well then........i ponderd this question for a short while and came up with a answer.........there is no possible way to completly rp in this game...or any other game for that matter.........i mean cmon man i learnd how to speak wookie in 0.2 seconds.........but anyways the only real way to rp is to do what you do best......whether it is scouting or making armor........i have a story though........i was standing around the associats retreat a while back and finaly relized i was a scout.......and the best thing to do would be scout of course.....so i decided to get all the neccisary things for a long hike.......and after i got what i needed i left for the jurny........i hiked from the retreat to monia on naboo.........sso on my way i scouted alot of open fields and climb massive mountians.....and met a coulpe of towns folk in the middle of no where...so i did the right thing and killed them....lol...lets face it i hadnt had any action the whole trip......but anyways....i was running and i was almost to monia and out of no where i saw a massive building start to take shape......it turned out o be good ol vaders hideout....i took a peek inside and being the rebel i am i walk out and yelled......"SCREW ALL YOU IMPERIAL BASTARDS".....and i hit the burt run button and fled away screaming and laughing........and i got to monia and rested up in the cantina with a couple of beers......and thats how i spent my day RPing

I was going to start RPing when I "finished" my character. I've hit a big brick wall though; I can't gain anymore XP =D. So, I'm considering my character "done", and am going to start RPing a lot more. Does that mean I'm going to RP all the time? No, of course not, but I'm going to try to do it as much as possible. And I'll still go hunting when possible, but it's not going to be the only thing I do, like it was before.

Due to college, and my girl friend, my SWG playing time has dropped a lot. I will RP as much as I can, but it is hard, only playing on Saturdays.

I am considering changing my profession from Novice Ranger, Master Scout, CH: 1/2/1/3, Marksman: 0/4/0/4 and Artisan: 0/0/0/2, to something such as Commando, or something along those lines.

I am also considering making myself another character on another server, to serve my Commando purposes, and just focus on my CH/Scouting profession on SS.

Well, back to RPing. I like to do it. It is fun, but hard to do when you have "Will you teach..." Blah blah blah blah blah. Thats all I hear when in a city. The best place, would be with an animal, and maybe a friend, out in the wilderness. I always yell at my animals...

maybe it should be put on hold for most of us...let us start workin on our proffession more, i mean, im going BH and that reqs alot to even get to novice. then other people are still workin on characters..maybe the key is to start RPing when we are done. that way we have a sort of complete character.

Yeah, my problem is, when I get to RP events, me and the boys spend the entire time in GroupChat ripping it up, and when we're hunting/killing worthless terrorists, we RP like crazy. Just seems odd. In any event, I'm always around to RP with, you might be surprised at how I portray my character. Send me e-mails though, my spatial is already overwhelmed with /tells.

I was going to start RPing when I "finished" my character.

maybe it should be put on hold for most of us...let us start workin on our proffession more, i mean, im going BH and that reqs alot to even get to novice. then other people are still workin on characters..maybe the key is to start RPing when we are done. that way we have a sort of complete character.

Well what I don't get is why you can't RolePlay when you are developing your character. What's so hard about not saying:

Wh3n 1 g3t d0ne w1th my char I will buy @ r1fle with 788-100 d@m@ge.

Y0u @re @ n00b!

I haven't fully developed my character yet and I still roleplay most of the time.

Yeah same here and how do I get my banner to work on this fourm I've tried it but it shows a link instead. :/ well back to subject I love RPing while training and it's amazing what you can do just have fun acting as your char not you self.:D Basicly that's what RPing is!:D

P.S. I redid my Bio with more on my past filled it up actually and have one sentence on my present. :rolleyes:

Well, when I was working on my character I was always hunting. The only time I stopped was when I needed to be healed, then I went right back out. The only reason I didn't RP was because I didn't have time to talk =P. I'm more relaxed now. I'll spend a couple hours in a cantina or walking around town. I slip once and a while because I'm used to not RPing, but I try to stay IC.

I have recently made a character on the Eclipse Server. The role playing there is awful. It makes Pierce Brosnan look like a good actor.

People say: Your mum!!! Tell your mom thanks for last night and give her these 10 credits. And many other OOC comments.

I have to admit I'm pretty bad at SWG rping. I don't know why I just can't seem to roleplay on a computer.

But, I think Starsider has reached its goal of being the leading Role Play servers. Although there a bit too many Irish...

~SK~

Archived