Home

Wolverine in JO

JEDI_Salvation

hell yes, Wolverine's my favorite, out of pretty much all of Marvel.

if you need help with skinning or something, beta testing even. I'll help. but I doubt you'll need any cause that Neo skin you did was very good and beyond my skills.

you going to make his Yellow and Blue suit and/or his Orange and Brown one?

looks very nice i was worried it was gunna be the movie one... ive seen a guy down the street with bigger sideburns and boofier hair than hugh jackman!!!

and as someone asked earlier will it be the yellow and blue one or the brown and yellow? or both!?

OT: you can delete your own posts, click EDIT then there's a delete checkbox and button, check the box, click the button, whammo - deleted!

Cool wolverine model, but I've come to appreciate Hugh Jackman as wolverine and the costume quite a bit more than the comic costume. It's just ... silly to wear tights. And the costume has no purpose, it seems to me like a feral beast like wolverine wouldn't find any need to wear such a gaudy and awful costume. A wolverine in a white bloodstained shirt and blue-jeans would be cool.

Well the way im planning on doing this model (if its possible) is to augment the face so he can have his mask on or off (modelers and skinners should know what im talking about) also the claws, shoulder pads and belt will be able to be turned on and off so that means.....drumroll....i will be doing both the yellow and blue as well as the orange costume both with mask on and off, annnnnnnnnnd thats not all, Ill probably throw in jeans and the wife beater t-shirt he always wears (at no extra cost!!!!)...ummm yeah well anyway, those are my plans, and quite frankly this model is going to be a b**ch to get done. So dont expect it anytime soon :)

-S

PS:> And its only silly to wear tights if youre not built as huge as comic book characters are...so that means anybody in real life wearing tights look like a fairy :D (though they got spiderman to work somehow...)

Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.

I must agree; the model is looking very good.

Originally posted by inbredyokel

Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.

I was just looking in the assets of the jedi academy demo and if you're used to editing for JO then the new features aren't all that difficult to figure out (I know that they're not all there yet, but it's a good glimpse).

Wolvies claws would be awesome. If you added them, then just made "invisible sabers" it would look llike he's fighting. That would be awesome.

yea it should be. It won' look perfect (3 distinct blade trails) but it will be better then it looking like a blade trail. You would have to make a false light saber and position the blade tag just right...then edit the trail graphic to better fit wolvie. If you align the saber blade tag up with where his claws would be in space , then make the saber mesh so you can hide it (either by a transparent skin, or a surface file), then the trail will appear there.

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

but still, isn't quite Wolvie without claws.

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

but still, isn't quite Wolvie without claws.

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had to hold off on this model for the time being, i have a few projects that are ahead of this that require my attention...the first is getting my online portfolio designed and running so i can get out of the crappy stocking job im currently in, next is an alien model i started before Logan, then once that is complete, i will get back to everybodys favorite canadian :) be patient

-Salvy

Archived