Home

Is Ron pi**ed off?

Mentat88

I'm a regular on #monkey-island chat, even though I don't say much most of the time. I seemed to have missed something regarding a recent Ron Gilbert visit though.

The chan. topic says this:

"Ron - if you come back, please forgive us!"

and this is a persons quit message:

"<RonG> you can stuff your chat up your STUPID FANBOY ASSES"

If this is accurate, does anyone know what happened?

We do but.....it hurts to talk about it.

Here's an excert:

<RonG> this is crazy

<RonG> I was told to come in here

<Gabez> Yeah

<Gabez> I called you

<Gabez> So that you could say something good about The SCUMM Bar >:

<RonG> this is ridiculous

<Gabez> And this is what you do

<Darth-Phenom> He's come here thinking we'll all bow down and worship him. But no secret revealing, no worship, say I.

<Gabez> I work my GUTS out for you

<HarryH> j/k

<RonG> you can stuff your chat up your STUPID FANBOY ASSES

Hee yes. It was even funnier when we followed Tom2003 into his own channel and he was like "get out. How dare you come in here! How DARE you!"

Then he went to #complaints and we were all ops there and he was really confused.

Ooooooooh the fun!

It's like going to the police to report Alquaida terrorists only to find Hussain at the desk. Funny.

I have to laugh at how long you were able to let this go on for even after "Ron" had left. I wonder if Gilbert will ever read that. Gabez, you have to put that up on the scummbar... then again, i guess the swearing may be a bit too much for the Scumm Bar, ti is intendede for yopung as well as old audiences. Of course if you did put it up there, it would be r0x0r (when was the last time someone used that word?).

Geez! Tom2003 seemed to think that everyone had somehow darkened the name of Ron, even though "Ron" (Lucastones) had made a point of being a real asshole! He probably thought that they were all speaking ill of the dead! (by the way, for those who are wondering [which is probably no one] Ron is not dead.... just lying low for a few years. something to do with the witness protection program, but I can't say anything else... it's classified)

By the way, how long ago was this?

Archived