Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, so I have seen how some people got non-game music to play in JA I also read what Amidala said about this topic here However, I still cannot get the music to play once I am in the game, especially in mp games like Asteriods. Am I doing something wrong where I can't play it in game? I've done everything that Amidala posted and can get it to work in the menus but not during game play. Any thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind.. I got it

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Destroyder121

Also, if possible could Raven in next patch include ability to choose sabers sound between normal and sith saber one, cause im kinda darkside preffering in MP but its not coolt aht i got red saber and stuff but i dont have sith sabers sound. Would be cool if ya would implement that players can also choose normal or sith saber sound. cause saber sith saber doesnt work in mp even a got cheats on, unless ya get JA+. And i dont wanna play alone with bots just to get Sith Saber sounds..

if you want the sith sound with a particular saber i think all you have to do is edit the .sab file and tell it to use diferent sounds, this may only work in SP though.

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

those are the lines you need, I don't know what the sith sounds are called though.

Or you could remove the "not in MP 1" line from the sith saber .sab file.

There's no reason to bind a key to Jetpack for multiplayer.

The Jetpack is just hitting "use" while in mid-air to start it up and then jump or crouch to give it gas/go down.

If you want to script something it won't save you time because you'd have to script a button to:

Jump+Use

And then the other functions would be the same. So you save a whopping 1 keypress, wow. ; )

As for listing "all" the commands that's easy. Go into your console and type:

\cmdlist

Then type

condump commandlist

Then go into your base directory and you'll find a file called "commandlist" rename and give it a *.doc extension, open in Word and you're set!

(If you're one of those lamers who still has file extensions turned off in windows, then be smart and TURN THEM ON in folder options, you'll be better off, trust me).

Repeat the above with \cvarlist and you can get those too (just give it a different condump file name).

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Switch 2 names with one key? Can you explain, i dont really understand what are you talking about. :confused:

Having name1 and name2 and i want to know how to make a bind that when you press the first time it will change to name2, press again to name1, press again to name2, press again to name1........

Well you get the idea (i hope).

Yeah, I wish I knew the name thing too.

Also, does anyone know the npc spawn codes for the TIE Bombers that try to kill you in the acid rain SP level? Or the spawn codes for the TIE Fighters that you destroy on the SP Dreadnaught level?

Thx.

:fett:

Originally posted by Lightning

Having name1 and name2 and i want to know how to make a bind that when you press the first time it will change to name2, press again to name1, press again to name2, press again to name1........

Well you get the idea (i hope).

If you are talking about binding one key to 2 different names, i dont think you can do that. You can only bind 2 different keys with 2 different names

You're right Crow, but there is a way to bind a key to do a couple of things at once, namely (pun!) rename yourself & rebind the key to do something else, all in one keystroke. :)

Here's how it's done:

// Switch names...or do things in a sequence...or whatever

set thing_1 "name me;set do_things vstr thing_2; echo I'm me"

set thing_2 "name you;set do_things vstr thing_3; echo I'm you"

set thing_3 "exec blah.cfg;set do_things vstr thing_1"

set do_things vstr thing_1

bind O "vstr do_things"

What the above does is set up a general variable, "do_things," bound to key O, and sets that variable at first, to the variable string (vstr) thing_1. One thing that thing_1 does is set do_things to v-string thing_2, so when the O key is pressed again, do_things now executes the thing_2 v-string. If you only want to toggle two lines, you'd have thing_2 set do_things back to thing_1. Alternatively, as illustrated above, you can continue for a long time....Personal anecdote: I had a script similar to the above, but let me record 100 Counter-Strike demos without overwriting any of them...It was 200 lines of "record demo1, rename thing to demo1stop," "stop, rename thing to demo2start," etc. ad nauseum.

Finally, for my war against 3rd-person lightsaber view, and to give a lil' back for all the help I'd received in simulating a first-person view with the lightsaber, here's a script I use in my autoexec.cfg file to toggle between the views:

// First-Third person view switch...(string of expletives decrying

// the trouble 1st-person-only causes me omitted here)

set switch3-1 "cg_thirdpersonvertoffset -5; cg_thirdpersonrange -0.5; cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1; cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1; set switchview vstr switch1-3; echo First-Person"

set switch1-3 "cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 16; cg_thirdpersonrange 80; cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.3; cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 0.5; set switchview vstr switch3-1; echo Third-Person"

set switchview vstr switch3-1

bind O "vstr switchview"

About the above...There should be no hard line returns between pairs of quotation marks. I don't think the forum inserted any; just wrapped the text.

Also, there's soooo much more one can do with binds & scripts...for more information check out the bind arena. It's a great site made for Quake III Arena scripting, but everything still applies since JA uses the Q3 engine.

Originally posted by Aegis2

Here's how it's done:

// Switch names...or do things in a sequence...or whatever

set thing_1 "name me;set do_things vstr thing_2; echo I'm me"

set thing_2 "name you;set do_things vstr thing_3; echo I'm you"

set thing_3 "exec blah.cfg;set do_things vstr thing_1"

set do_things vstr thing_1

bind O "vstr do_things"

Can you tell me how i get that to work, i never worked with scripts befor.:confused::p

The quick way, with minimal extraneous information or explanation:

1. Copy & paste the following into notepad:

// Name switching script

set name_1 "name Aegis1;echo Renamed to Aegis1;set switch_name vstr name_2"

set name_2 "name Aegis2;echo Renamed to Aegis2;set switch_name vstr name_1"

set switch_name vstr name_1

bind O "vstr switch_name"

2. Click File->Save as...

3. Set the following options

File name: autoexec.cfg

Save as type: All Files

Save in: Here, you have browse to your .\Gamedata\base directory. The default installation location is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base

4. Click Save, and you're done

You may want to change "bind O..." to a different key, and change "Aegis1" and "Aegis2" to your names, I'm sure...;)

what are the defaults for these?

forcePowerMax

forceRegenRate

forceRegenAmount

edit: I assume they are set each time you start a new game, and changing them in one game will not effect the others. Let me know if it works differently.

add-on: my brother noticed that if you use speed before using one of the grabs,(cheat code: iknowkungfu) you go through the motions in what seems to you to be normal speed, while the effects seem slowed down for your victim. For example, if you do the forward grab while speed is in effect, you lift your knee, drop your knee, pick nothing up, then swing your arms back and forth. Then the victim then gets hit by nothing, falls back, and gets bashed on the ground hehind and in front of you by some weird force.

Archived