Home

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

monsoontide

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick note:

I'm NOT moving the handles or the pedals - I'm hoping that eventually someone will be able to make a new rider animation.

The model is based of speeder bike blueprints - photos of the real on-set props and kit model sets - so it's as acurate as it can be! Colour depends on which photo set you look at - but for the most part it really is that pale brown colour!!! (I like the idea of a white on for hoth though)

I'm afraid that bounding box thing is an issue for EVERY vehicle.

GREAT feedback so far though - keep it coming! :D

Originally posted by monsoontide

I'm NOT moving the handles or the pedals

and i thank you for that. :D

skin is super, and the perfect colour.

model is super.

handling should be less responsive (shouldn't be easier to maneuver than the swoop).

does "throttleSticks 1" work with speeders? because that would be a nice addition... i hate having to hold the gas, and you can't get a constant slower speed when needed.

Originally posted by monsoontide

I'm afraid that bounding box thing is an issue for EVERY vehicle.

As far as the bounding box goes, make sure it's as centered as best as possible with the root tags before exporting to .xsi. Then load up the model in ModView and select the option "show bounding box" this will show you the exact dimensions of the bounding box for you to put in the .veh file. Though you'll probably want to use a different setting for the height parameter still. But at least use the length and width numbers that you get from modview.

Also, once in game you can see the bounding box if you type "cg_showvehbounds 1" into the console (only works if you're in the vehicle). Well, it works for flying vehicle anyway, never tried that with speeders.

that's the easiest way to do it that i've found.

If anyone can make these mods, they are the best modder in the universe: Imperial Star Destroyer with turbolasers, landing deck (holds vehicles), bridge, other rooms, concussion missles, assault strikes, and trctor beams. If this isn't possible, make the closest possible. Also make Corellian Corvette, other capital ships, and Halo vehicles!! Also make it so it can carry troops, ships, vehicles, etc. Thanx if you can make it!!!!

For the map I am making, I need the speeder bike. However, the color of the first one would fit in better. Is there any chance you could release the updated bike with the old textures? Otherwise, I will have to settle for the old one.:(

MK

Originally posted by mknote

For the map I am making, I need the speeder bike. However, the color of the first one would fit in better. Is there any chance you could release the updated bike with the old textures? Otherwise, I will have to settle for the old one.:(

MK

what first speeder bike your are talking about? the speeder bike that is relaesed is not an older version of this one and this one is not an updated version of the one released. the old one you talking about is the speeder_bike_dun, this is speeder_bike_mst, these are to different models based on the speeder bike. these are NOT two version of the same model.

does anybody at all read the readme file or drink the drinkme bottle?

I'm not having a good day...Had my post ready, tried to post it, Lucasforums just went screwy...and i left the entire thing -_-

Oh well, my apologies for taking this long to get back to ya, damn week was busy.

The model

Great model. Don't see any twecking required.

The Skin

Skin looks fine. I only wonder whether the repulsor engine flames are actually the ones seen in the movie, or if the speeder even had any O_o

The animation

Animation seems alright. I would only request that there is a wrist motion on one of the steering bars when the bike does a speed boost.

The handling

It runs just as I imagined it would. Can't wait to see the first race between the moonside bike and an old school swoop ;)

Compatibility

Haven't noticed any problems on this end. I suggest you heed the word of the other testers, they appear to have encountered a few difficulties.

Conclusion

Overall, awesome vehicle. I only wish to see a new vehicle class created so that we can actually have a hunched over rider as seen in ROTJ. Custom sounds could perhaps be added for earcandy (lol). The speed boost heard in ROTJ seemed to have that kick-off sound effect, i'd really like to see you add that in, hehe. Keep on making vehicles, you rock :D

Archived