Home

droideka model

Duncan_10158

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

The code is ready, I just need to submit it to the OJP - I'll do that tonight...

Phunk, if you already submited the code to the OJP, thats great! could you please also send me your veh file with the new parameters so i can put the finished model together. i sent it back to you as the final version and we can submit it to the 'OJP Vehicles' release. if you could give me also some kind of access to the source code of the droideka code changes like we discussed it, would be great.

Yes, the code is submitted to the OJP.

...talk to Razor about getting a new build done, and about the source code. (I believe he is going to release the source code at the same time as the mod itself)

I think the .veh file you have will be the best to use. Just make one change and one addition:

Change ShieldRechargeMS to 100

and add the line:

SpeedMultiplierForRamDamage 0.1

And that will sort both the problems (when you have the new code of course...)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i am back. lets finish this project and release the droideka!

Phunk, the code is submited to the OJP, right? as soon i got an answer form Andy (about the bump mapping, he wrote me he made a good one for the droideka) i will puzzle everything together and submit the vehicle model also to the OJP.

if racorace could give me the outcutt for only the droideka mod codes, i would release it as a independent download for other mods to incorporate too. i am doing this for everyone who wants to use it :)

lets release it!

The Droideka model and MOD is in fact finished, i just added the bump mapping which Andy made. so the model is done, the code by Phunk for a correct working droideka is done too and submited to OJP. as soon RacorAce from OJP get the droideka model part, he can put everything together and release a new version OJP_vehicles with the droideka.

i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use. i dont want the droideka being exclusivly part of one mod, i think it belongs to everyone using it. thats the reason i worked with OJP, its also thire main idea.

Here are also some new pictures:

droideka_08.jpg

droideka_09.jpg

droideka_10.jpg

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use.

Good i can't wait try it out. When do you think you can upload it to pcgamemods.com? At the end of the week?

For those curious about what Duncan was referring to when I made the bump map textures, I have provided 2 pictures of Manquesa's A-Wing. Included is just the A-Wing loaded with all its textures with no bump mapping or specular textures, and also the A-Wing with bump mapping and limited lighting (course I would do more work to make it look more like in Asteroids Mod, but this is just an example) As you will see, bump mapping really helps bring out the metallic looks of a model.

no_spec.jpg

awing_bump.jpg

Originally posted by Andy867

Included is just the A-Wing loaded with all its textures with no bump mapping or specular textures, and also the A-Wing with bump mapping and limited lighting As you will see, bump mapping really helps bring out the metallic looks of a model.

Hey if you would really over do that it would look a little cartoonish:rolleyes:

Welcome back Duncan :)

i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use.

Indeed - this is the main idea behind OJP.

I believe Razor is going to be releasing all the source code with the mod itself (not in the same file, but at the same time).

And quite honestly, this is the best way to get the droidkea code. I've carefully marked all my changes for the Droidkea - so all anybody would have to do is a search for one word and they can find all the parts to change.

It will be very easy to merge the code from OJP to other mods.

btw Duncan - do you know about a problem where other players viewing a droideka (i.e. players not actually riding it themselves) seeing the shield colours 'inverted'? i.e. to the player riding it, the shield looks light blue, but other players see the shield as dark blue / black..?

I'm just wondering if it's a problem specific to MBII... :/

Originally posted by Lightning

Hey if you would really over do that it would look a little cartoonish:rolleyes:

Well like I said, that Bump mapping job was with very little lighting, with proper lighting, it would look 20x better in terms of appearance.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Zappa_0

Any new updates on the droideka?

Yes, Open Jedi Project released a beta of its next version, so with this mod loaded the droideka, which you can d/l on my site, uses the support of the improved walker vehicle class. this makes the droideka work as it should. here is the link to OJP site:

http://ojp.jediknight.net/

download is under Distributions, >OJP Basic [bETA 1] 0.0.5< or >OJP Enhanced [bETA 6] 0.0.2< both should have the improved walker vehicle class included.

and you can get the droideka on my site, i just redone the hole site so i hope you take a look at it anyway ;)

here is the link:

http://io.meskinaw.net/

the mods are both beta versions, so take a close look and feedback here or in the OJP Forum is very welcome, thanks.

Duncan_10158, is there a droideka model version which includes a death animation ?

At the Forcemod III project, we tested it and when you kill him, his body remains upright, that s a bit weird.

Otherwise you did a great job and i m looking forward to your next vehicles like the ATAT or the sebulba s pod. :D

Originally posted by Neo_Knight

Duncan_10158, is there a droideka model version which includes a death animation ?

At the Forcemod III project, we tested it and when you kill him, his body remains upright, that s a bit weird.

This version includes a death animation, check in Modview.

i dont know why its not showing, perhaps it has something to do with a mod, but when i tried it, it always worked. take also a look into animation.cfg, perhaps something got wrong there.

btw, did you try the droideka in OJP mod or in another or an unmoded map?

Archived