Home

droideka model

Duncan_10158

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scouttrooper, i have taken a first look at the skin, mostly its great. but the shields are much to strong shining. they have to be just slightly visible, nearly invisible. i found a pic at SW databank, it shows what i mean:

eu_bg.jpg

its not realy possible to make the shields more round cause first the polycount gets high very fast on spheres and second i need for every vert on this shiled one bone so i can fold it in. the max bones for one object is 32, i could make thje shield out of two or more objects but then its not folding proberly and i geta horrible count of shield-bones. if we make the shields more transparent, i hope they wount look that cornered anymore.

the other are the holes in the wings, they look a bit too big and not symetricly on the wings. i would place them more in the middle.

i will take a closer look at it and give you more feed back. in the pk3 file more additions, could you please tell me what you changed or added. did you change the veh file or added weapons or any other effect? we have to keep the overview of all changed things, i will pass all those things you changed to RenegadeOfPhunk, so we have one newest version.

Originally posted by Scouttrooper

yeah, I know.. those holes are not that great... but hey it was a beta :p, I see now how the shield got to be so when I think its done, ill put a new screenshot here :)

sorry if i sounded roud, your droideka skin looks fantastic, specialy for someone who makes skins like i made :)

Scouttrooper, LightNinja was right, i realy admire your work :)

i also passed the beta skin to Phunk. as soon as you think the skin could be ready we will put a droideka mod version together. it will have your skin, all the new coding and everything. we want to test and balance it, i hope you could join us with that.

about the guns, i think they shot two together, one side after the other. thats all part of the codeing stuff i didnt sent you. you will see that in the droideka mod beta version. when finaly released it will be part of OJP.

NOTE: i am tring to post this for a few days now, but somethings wrong with the thread and the hole forum. posts take very long to add or doesnt work at all.

the skin is great, i think we nearly done it. with your ok, Mark, i will sent it to Phunk and we puzzle together the mod beta with everything in it. i hope we can have some beta runs this weekend on a closed sever. the droieka needs balancing and we are ready to release it as OJP vehicle.

ok, we got everything together now. its time for the beta and balancing. we have to figure out firepower, fireing speed, shield and hitpoints, walking and rolling speed, weapon recharge and everything else. and this we can only do in MP ffa with lots of people playing.

so first, does somebody know were we could host this OJP droideka beta mod that would run for a day or two. i could host the mod but i cant for long time and my con is middle class.

everyone who would like to join the beta let me know. as soon we found a usable server, i will sent you the mod, how to use and setup and the IP and the password for the server. i hope we find some time where lots of you can join the game. we need to figure out whats the limit on this.

btw, we should use a good map to play it, one thats wide enought. i suggest 'SwoopFun V1.1' by Gigon. its a small file and it has vehicles already placed in it so we can see how they interact too. And one of the vehicles is my speeder bike :D

but i am open to suggestions.

we should test the mod for one or two days while we discuss it here. the focus is to find the right balance, so please take it serious, thanks.

i think most people didnt understand what i am asking for. i am not looking for beta testers check the droideka individualy for bugs. i am trying to find people for MP balancing. specialy someone how could host a droideka mod MP map for one or two days. if someone has a good con and is willing to run a JA droideka beta mod server, please let us know.

again, this is not bug hunting in first place, its about MP balancing. you know, those things you cant figure out in a solo FFA game. if you would like to host a game, let me know and i will start to sent out the mod to all who offerd thier help.

Hey Duncan - i PM'ed you about the droideka model.

If it's possible to make it a separate player model i'll try to set it up so that it's a selectable class, perhaps similar to what Renegade is doing for his mod. Then it won't have to be included on maps in order to be played.

The model looks great... =]

Has the model had spec textures applied to it yet, like manquesa suggested. Using certain MAX features will really help bring out the metal textures and bumps in the model. also, possible lighting effects could be used, that way the entire model wont be lit up if there is only one light source. Plus this weekend I am using my server for last minute testing on the asteroids project, but after that, I could host the Droideka for a few days for MP balancing.. (2mb download, roughly 200K upload connection). Great Model/Skin BTW.

Andy867, thanks for your offer to host a server, thats what i was looking for. and the droideka has no spec textures applied, if someone would linke to do that, he is very welcome cause i dont know much about shaders.

as it looks like we found a server, its time for everyone who would like to join the beta to make a step forward.... or just post here his mail or write me a mail. the files you need for the beta will be about 5 MB big, so make sure your email cant stand that.

everyone joinig the beta is welcome to make any suggestion or send me an imrproved veh file or shader or what ever. but for the beta on the server keep the droideka files unchanged.

Thanks, everyone is welcome.

Azymn,

I'm currently working on making the droideka (or any other vehicle) a selectable siege class. I'm doing this by spawning the vehicle at the same time as the player spawns, and then boarding them into it straight away.

...this means that - as far as the player is concerned - they spawned not as a normal player, but as the vehicle itself.

I've also stopped ejecting, being thrown out upon death etc. etc.

The whole thing is nearly done, and once the MBII demo is out (end of next month), I will be submitting this to the OJP.

I think trying to make the droideka work (properly) actually as a player model is going to be quite a bit of work. Since it already works as a vehicle, seems a better idea to just keep it as a vehicle - and it also makes this a very open ended feature. Any 'balanced' vehicle can be used as a siege class - which opens up a whole load of possibilities.. :)

Anyway - just wanted to let you know what I am working on so that we don't end up doing the same work twice...

btw - good to see your still around :)

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

Andy867, thanks for your offer to host a server, thats what i was looking for. and the droideka has no spec textures applied, if someone would linke to do that, he is very welcome cause i dont know much about shaders.

as it looks like we found a server, its time for everyone who would like to join the beta to make a step forward.... or just post here his mail or write me a mail. the files you need for the beta will be about 5 MB big, so make sure your email cant stand that.

Thanks, everyone is welcome.

Well I can help Beta test, host the server (no more than 6 people though), and make some spec textures for it.

UPDATE: OK, the server is up and running and Duncan should be emailing the selected beta testers shortly with the IP and all the necessary items. Look forward to seeing you all in-game

The server is up now!

its time for your to let me know your mail, if you want to join the droideka beta test server! :confused:

come on, please. everyone is welcome to help testing the droideka vehicle model and mod. just let me know and and give me your mail and i will send you a mail with where to get all the needed files and IP and password for the server.

you can post you email here

join the droideka beta! Thanks.

special thanks to Andy867 for hosting the server.

seks03, thanks. JediMoves.com is very very welcome.

and if you, seks03, would like to join yourself too, just drop a mail

AND

Originally posted by myself :rolleyes:

The server is up now!

its time for your to let me know your mail, if you want to join the droideka beta test server! :confused:

come on, please. everyone is welcome to help testing the droideka vehicle model and mod. just let me know and and give me your mail and i will send you a mail with where to get all the needed files and IP and password for the server.

you can post you email here

join the droideka beta! Thanks.

special thanks to Andy867 for hosting the server.

Archived